LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 08-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
Sipewrio

Default Murdering your children
assalamu alaykom

I have just been told that withn the mathhabbs it is not 'murder' nor punishable if a father kills his child. And not by accident. Intentional murder. Is this myth or fact? If yes, I'd like to see something scholarly on the issue.

Jazakullahu khairan

N.B. The 'claimer' agrees that ALLAH says in Qur'an "do not kill your children" but he says in sunni Islam the parents are not to be punished.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
Michmant

Could we have an update on this please?
Muslims are currently being attacked in the UK on this issue on forums/blogs etc. Need some scholarly advice.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #3
awagsFare

brothers u need to understand that killing ur own children is a big sin. but in islam a parent who murders his child will not be punished by death. yet it is not allowed to kill ur own children in islam. it is only that the parent will not be punished. the reason for this is because children are ur own blood.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #4
QualityReachOut

Could we have an update on this please?
Muslims are currently being attacked in the UK on this issue on forums/blogs etc. Need some scholarly advice.

Muslims are attacked on every issue, whether it is the fact that our women wear hijaab or our men keep beards to the laws of the sharia and more... we will never change for them,

With regards to the question, a man who kills his son is not punished by death under sharia, he has to pay blood money instead and Allah knows best. And we do not know of the punishment that awaits him in the hereafter

Old 08-07-2012, 08:18 AM   #5
uranbigis

Muslims are attacked on every issue, whether it is the fact that our women wear hijaab or our men keep beards to the laws of the sharia and more... we will never change for them,

With regards to the question, a man who kills his son is not punished by death under sharia, he has to pay blood money instead and Allah knows best. And we do not know of the punishment that awaits him in the hereafter

What is the justification for it?

Old 08-07-2012, 08:30 AM   #6
boxcigsnick

On Page 240 (of the .PDF) of Reliance of the Traveller (a book on Shafi'i Fiqh), it is said that parents are not subject to retaliation for killing their offspring or their offspring's offspring. I do not have enough knowledge to tell you whether or not this means that parents are not to be punished or what this statement's full implications are. Hopefully, someone with more knowledge can help.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:33 AM   #7
XangadsX

I meant, what is the proof for parents not being executed?

Old 08-07-2012, 09:15 AM   #8
Roker

I think it's to do with the fact that the child is not meant to harm the parent but I am not sure

Allah knows best

Old 08-14-2012, 08:06 AM   #9
gvataler

Im wondering the same question, surely killing your own children is a bigger sin then killing any tom, john and harry. Murder of innocent children is wicked and deserves punishment InShAllah otherwise this crime will not stop. Inexcusable

Old 08-14-2012, 08:23 AM   #10
VawSwaspamups

Murder under Islamic law is not a crime against the state...blood money and retaliation can be claimed by the family of the murdered instead of killing the murderer.

If parents kill their young and unmarried children there are no closer family members other than the parents who did the murder...so it is a bit of a problem...maybe the governor decides on a punishment?

Old 08-14-2012, 10:50 AM   #11
paratayoma

The ruler of an Islamic state may impose other penalties for crimes as deemed necessary if they are not explicitly spelled out in the Qur'an or Hadith, so this would seem to be one of those cases.

Im wondering the same question, surely killing your own children is a bigger sin then killing any tom, john and harry. Murder of innocent children is wicked and deserves punishment InShAllah otherwise this crime will not stop. Inexcusable
I doubt that people who do this are doing so because they are aware of the Shafi'i ruling on the matter, but more likely do so out of twisted concepts of pride and honor that are given more importance than one's Iman.

Also, we must not forget that just because there is not an earthly punishment prescribed for a sin does not mean that there will be no accountability for it on the Day of Judgment.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:00 AM   #12
Katoabralia

I can't believe what I'm reading. Makes me more wary of madhabs.

What if the parent sexually abuses their kid? Is there no punishment for that too according to the madhabs?

Old 08-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #13
Inconykic

^Please note that I only cited the Shafi'i ruling on the matter because it is the only Islamic source that I know of that the original poster could have possibly been referring to because of having read Reliance of the Traveller. I have no idea what the ruling for this might be in other madhabs.

As for what you've asked about, I can't imagine that there would be no punishment for that because such actions would likely be without the consent of the children (rape, which is punishable by death) and incestuous (which many scholars say is also punishable by death).

Hopefully, someone with more knowledge can contribute to this thread.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #14
jhfkgkfdvjk

And we do not know of the punishment that awaits him in the hereafter
This should be enough to satisfy all of us.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:58 PM   #15
gopsbousperie

I can't believe what I'm reading. Makes me more wary of madhabs.

What if the parent sexually abuses their kid? Is there no punishment for that too according to the madhabs?
Must be the madhabs because they said there is no punishment?? Try to understand what is being said. In the past even in Britain you had something called common law...which means someone hurts you...it is up to you to choose the punishment...not the government, if you have been murdered your closest family members choose the punishment...if you have no family members then the government authority or judge chooses the punishment.

Stop having a dig at mathabs because of your own lack of knowledge.

Old 08-14-2012, 05:38 PM   #16
BeaseHoca

Must be the madhabs because they said there is no punishment?? Try to understand what is being said. In the past even in Britain you had something called common law...which means someone hurts you...it is up to you to choose the punishment...not the government, if you have been murdered your closest family members choose the punishment...if you have no family members then the government authority or judge chooses the punishment.

Stop having a dig at mathabs because of your own lack of knowledge.
Dear brother common law did not apply to situations regarding murder and such like over here in britain. Britain was governed by the church mostly and up until the 1950's murder was punishable by exercution. Infact the last exercuted was around that time and it was a hanging. Quran is clear for punishment of murder there should be no accepts whether it's family or not.

Old 08-14-2012, 05:41 PM   #17
CowextetleSix

Murder by any person parents or otherwise deserves the death penatly

Old 08-14-2012, 06:39 PM   #18
Sx1qBli0

Dear brother common law did not apply to situations regarding murder and such like over here in britain. Britain was governed by the church mostly and up until the 1950's murder was punishable by exercution. Infact the last exercuted was around that time and it was a hanging. Quran is clear for punishment of murder there should be no accepts whether it's family or not.
I think you need to research this subject. The Quran clearly gives permission to relatives of the murder victim to either have the murderer executed or to have them play blood money. Obviously if someone has been murdered and they were the main bread winner in the family...it creates huge financial problems for the family...killing the murderer is too easy....better to have the option to have them restore some wealth to the family of the victim and only they are able to decide.

Old 08-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #19
bapimporb

Play blood money or pay blood money? Interesting thanks for pointing that out.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:27 PM   #20
StampNews

Play blood money or pay blood money? Interesting thanks for pointing that out.
pay blood money...typo.

Reply to Thread New Thread