LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 08-13-2012, 10:13 AM   #21
ChuttyAmult

assalamu alykum

Cheering an actual goal or a Touchdown is no way same as standing up to flag worshipping!!

huge difference is that u are cheering an athelete for there ability's and there hardwork at a physical acheivement.
But if that's the case why not cheer every goal? Why just the goals of a particular team?

Note, I don't condone either standing for anthem or going to games and cheering.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:12 AM   #22
Ephejvll

But if that's the case why not cheer every goal? Why just the goals of a particular team?

Note, I don't condone either standing for anthem or going to games and cheering.
how is it the same thing if your cheering an athelete VS the Flag? was it the way flag is moving? or its colors thats awe aspiring?

how can u compare the two?

Old 08-14-2012, 01:14 AM   #23
Darlmtgq

"You are entertaining if nothing else. LOL "

Brother Umar_Italy is an Amazing individual Hope you Learn few things from him if you open your mind inshallah.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:21 AM   #24
neniajany

That's absurd.

People who stand for their countries flag are not worshipping the flag.
You treat the flag with respect and awe like it is a diety when it is raised you stand to attention...all ways in which people worship gods and idols.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:26 AM   #25
Loonakind

You treat the flag with respect and awe like it is a diety when it is raised you stand to attention...all ways in which people worship gods and idols.
With respect; Yes.

With awe, No.

I am not in the military, so I don't stand at attention for anything.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:32 AM   #26
i6mbwwdh

how is it the same thing if your cheering an athelete VS the Flag? was it the way flag is moving? or its colors thats awe aspiring?

how can u compare the two?
I'm not really comparing the two tbh. I couldn't care less for my flag, anthem. Same with a sporting team.

I'm saying the same indifference towards the anthem etc should be given to sporting events.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:37 AM   #27
Soypopetype

I'm not really comparing the two tbh. I couldn't care less for my flag, anthem. Same with a sporting team.

I'm saying the same indifference towards the anthem etc should be given to sporting events.
Rasoolullah sallalahu alyhi wasalam Went to sporting event and Hadrath ayesha watched it from behind him. also wrestling is considerd to be sunnah.

from that thaere is room for sports but never for flag worshipping. and what about Vietnam memorial?? astaaghfiruallah??

Old 08-14-2012, 01:41 AM   #28
Xbcofega

Showing respect for an idea; and worshipping and idol, are two completely different things.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:14 AM   #29
Karensmith

Showing respect for an idea; and worshipping and idol, are two completely different things.
The flag is an idol and nationalism is the religion which teaches people to worship the idols of the flag, the anthem, the nation. Abstractions like 'the nation' and ideas like capitalism, nationalism, communism,secularism, fascism, democracy (and in some cases even islam) can be worshipped. If someone rips your flag, or says something against your nation even if it is true, you get upset, defensive etc. because your idols have been attacked (a flag is a bit of cloth with some colours on it)...you give it meaning, and make it into something it is not. Islam can be an idol when people talk about Islam more than they do about Allah....Islam is perfect, Islam says this, Islam says that...with hardly any mention of Allah Most High.

Also the idea of the war memorial is idolatary. After WWI and WWII the secular state started to build these stone memorials honouring the dead who gave their lives for the state. Today they have 1 minute silences for the dead...all of this is the innovations of a new secular religion...with its own idols and respects. The dead get nothing for your love of them, your memorial to them gives nothing to them...you remembering them and honoring them is just the means by which the state shapes your mind into believing dying and killing in pointless state created wars is good self sacrifice.

A Muslim does not make themselves into a hired gun who kills and follows the orders of immoral people. They do not put themselves in such a situation where they cannot say no to their officers, if the officers or politicians are sending you to do their killing for them in a unlawful war a Muslim has the right to refuse. The secular democratic state takes away this right from you. And sends you to fight in its godless wars of resource stealing.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:22 AM   #30
zzarratusstra

The flag is Not an idol; and I personally don't know anyone who worships it.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:25 AM   #31
PeterPatrickJohn

The flag is Not an idol; and I personally don't know anyone who worships it.
What would your reaction be if someone abused your idol opps sorry I mean your flag, burn it stamp on it use it to clean their shoes or the toilet?

Old 08-14-2012, 03:29 AM   #32
BPitt

what would your reaction be if someone abused your idol opps sorry i mean your flag, burn it stamp on it use it to clean their shoes or the toilet?
lol !

Old 08-14-2012, 03:38 AM   #33
Coededgeme

The flag is an idol and nationalism is the religion which teaches people to worship the idols of the flag, the anthem, the nation. Abstractions like 'the nation' and ideas like capitalism, nationalism, communism,secularism, fascism, democracy (and in some cases even islam) can be worshipped. If someone rips your flag, or says something against your nation even if it is true, you get upset, defensive etc. because your idols have been attacked (a flag is a bit of cloth with some colours on it)...you give it meaning, and make it into something it is not. Islam can be an idol when people talk about Islam more than they do about Allah....Islam is perfect, Islam says this, Islam says that...with hardly any mention of Allah Most High.

Also the idea of the war memorial is idolatary. After WWI and WWII the secular state started to build these stone memorials honouring the dead who gave their lives for the state. Today they have 1 minute silences for the dead...all of this is the innovations of a new secular religion...with its own idols and respects. The dead get nothing for your love of them, your memorial to them gives nothing to them...you remembering them and honoring them is just the means by which the state shapes your mind into believing dying and killing in pointless state created wars is good self sacrifice.

A Muslim does not make themselves into a hired gun who kills and follows the orders of immoral people. They do not put themselves in such a situation where they cannot say no to their officers, if the officers or politicians are sending you to do their killing for them in a unlawful war a Muslim has the right to refuse. The secular democratic state takes away this right from you. And sends you to fight in its godless wars of resource stealing.
Dear brother thats a bit too exagerating that Flag is an idol. A flag is just a flag and thats it, lets just keep it to that. Taliban had their flag, and the flag of Saudia arabia is Beautifull has the Kalimah on it. Leave the flags to just being a flag and nothing more. One should make shukr of the land and boundary that Allah has granted him and his tribe and thats about it, does that mean you start worshiping the land..NO...does that mean you not defend your land from outside threats , such as that of kafir invading...NO.......does that mean you not cooperate with other people in things of khair...NO....does that mean that muslims should fight or divide each other if they happen to have these boundaries ...NO.... why cant we just not exaggerate things and what they represent, and Follow the advices of Prophet S.W to not indulge and make these things a means of division and looking down upon fellow muslims.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:54 AM   #34
tramadoldiscountes

Dear brother thats a bit too exagerating that Flag is an idol. A flag is just a flag and thats it, lets just keep it to that. Taliban had their flag, and the flag of Saudia arabia is Beautifull has the Kalimah on it. Leave the flags to just being a flag and nothing more. One should make shukr of the land and boundary that Allah has granted him and his tribe and thats about it, does that mean you start worshiping the land..NO...does that mean you not defend your land from outside threats , such as that of kafir invading...NO.......does that mean you not cooperate with other people in things of khair...NO....does that mean that muslims should fight or divide each other if they happen to have these boundaries ...NO.... why cant we just not exaggerate things and what they represent, and Follow the advices of Prophet S.W to not indulge and make these things a means of division and looking down upon fellow muslims.
a flag is a cloth with colours and some have writing on them. fine have them as a symbol of your nation, but to treat them with respect and to give them some type of greater meaning like many people do...is akin to idol worship.

How did the taliban treat their flag? was it just something used to keep the fighters united in battle or was it given greater significance?

wor新hip
   [wur-ship] verb, wor新hiped, wor新hip搏ng or ( especially British ) wor新hipped, wor新hip搆ing.
noun
reverent honor and homage paid to God or a sacred personage, or to any object regarded as sacred.
formal or ceremonious rendering of such honor and homage: They attended worship this morning.
adoring reverence or regard: excessive worship of business success.
the object of adoring reverence or regard.
( initial capital letter ) British . a title of honor used in addressing or mentioning certain magistrates and others of high rank or station (usually preceded by Your, His, or Her ).

Old 08-14-2012, 04:04 AM   #35
pertikuss

a flag is a cloth with colours and some have writing on them. fine have them as a symbol of your nation, but to treat them with respect and to give them some type of greater meaning like many people do...is akin to idol worship.

How did the taliban treat their flag? was it just something used to keep the fighters united in battle or was it given greater significance?

wor新hip
   [wur-ship] verb, wor新hiped, wor新hip搏ng or ( especially British ) wor新hipped, wor新hip搆ing.
noun
reverent honor and homage paid to God or a sacred personage, or to any object regarded as sacred.
formal or ceremonious rendering of such honor and homage: They attended worship this morning.
adoring reverence or regard: excessive worship of business success.
the object of adoring reverence or regard.
( initial capital letter ) British . a title of honor used in addressing or mentioning certain magistrates and others of high rank or station (usually preceded by Your, His, or Her ).
Its just a symbol ,sign ,means of identification when needed. Thats about it. All worship is for Allah alone for any muslim atleast. It is unthinkable that a muslims will ever worship his flag, but yes its prevailent that muslims worshiping their desires and nafse.

Old 08-14-2012, 04:16 AM   #36
clapsoewmred

American tend to get very emotional about their national symbols the flag their anthem...I think they have been educated by the state to be like this...it is creepy. Weeping, hand on heart, standing with a look of religious ferver on their faces. It is like an idol, if someone was to tear it up...many Americans would consider this to be a highly hostile act.

Old 08-14-2012, 04:39 AM   #37
peveballery

What would your reaction be if someone abused your idol opps sorry I mean your flag, burn it stamp on it use it to clean their shoes or the toilet?
Personally, I wouldn't do anything.

American law says that it is perfectly legal to destroy or abuse the flag.

But it would be breaking the law to physically stop someone from doing it.

Because it is just a symbolic piece of cloth and nothing more.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:05 AM   #38
WrinnaArraple

Fair enough then it is not an idol. But humans can have many idols...we might love our bike or our car...we might love them so much that we will break the laws of Allah so we can have them, enjoy them...for example use money gained through illicit ways (like riba finance) to buy it, even though we might have been able to buy a less expensive model for cash (no riba).

Now you might say the car is not my idol I do not bow to it...however you broke the laws of Allah so you could have it, it means you have put Allah below your desires...so your desires are your idol and the car is also an idol (when I say you I do not mean you, I mean anyone or any human(.

Personally, I wouldn't do anything.

American law says that it is perfectly legal to destroy or abuse the flag.

But it would be breaking the law to physically stop someone from doing it.

Because it is just a symbolic piece of cloth and nothing more.

Reply to Thread New Thread