LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 12-14-2011, 01:17 AM   #1
BILBONDER

Default Is weed hara'am?
Assalamualikum.

I have got muslim friends who have tried weed. And they are encouraging other muslim friends to try weed.

I need reasoning from authentic sources that weed is hara'am. The more sources the better.

Thank you.

Jazak Allah khair.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:24 AM   #2
VottCetaVeivE

http://spa.qibla.com/issue_view.asp?...D=3264&CATE=13

In the name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful,

Drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, opium, etc are all unlawful (haram) due to the various harms connected with them.

Marijuana is a psychoactive drug made from the leaves of the cannabis plant. It is usually smoked but can also be eaten. It is the most commonly used and considered to be a soft drug.

Marijuana intoxicates a person the same way alcohol does. It weakens one�s senses and the capability to reflect. Scientific research has proven that, marijuana has much harm, and could lead one in becoming an addict to other hard drugs.

The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: �Every intoxicant is prohibited.� Sahih al-Bukhari, no. 4088)

And he (Allah bless him & give him peace) also said:

�That which intoxicates in large quantities is prohibited in small quantities.� (Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah, and others, with a sound chain of narrators)

So here there is no need to doubt the illicit nature of such modern narcotics like cocaine, heroine, etc. or such soft drugs that are available in the club scenes, places, unfortunately, visited frequently by Muslim youth in the West.

Therefore, explain to you friend that, all drugs are Haram due to the fact that they intoxicate a person in one way or another. One looses the ability to think and reflect in a proper manner, and that is intoxication. If you have a local scholar, seek his advice and take your friend to him.

And Allah knows best

Old 12-14-2011, 01:34 AM   #3
BILBONDER

There is the hadith where its stated that your prayers aren't accepted for 40 days after consuming alocohol.

My friends are asking if same is the case for consuming weed.

Now I know hara'am is hara'am and we shouldnt be concerned about the next 40 days but instead of the moment itself since death can come any time.. but still can anyone inform me about it.

Jazak Allah Khair amr123 brother.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:03 AM   #4
royarnekara

I am no expert on this, but I have to stress the importance of conscience and how that is a blessing from Allah swt.
The very fact that you're bringing up this question means that there is more than an ounce of doubt regarding the substance/activity. The easiest way to stay on the straight path is to avoid doing/consuming/providing that which causes a doubt. Your conscience is telling you that something is wrong about it. More likely than not, you're better off avoiding it.
If any rulings are given regarding anything at all, the rule of thumb is that it is the ruling concerns the boundary of what is allowable. Make your deen simpler by staying in the center and not exploring where the boundaries lie.

Allah swt knows best.

There is the hadith where its stated that your prayers aren't accepted for 40 days after consuming alocohol.

My friends are asking if same is the case for consuming weed.

Now I know hara'am is hara'am and we shouldnt be concerned about the next 40 days but instead of the moment itself since death can come any time.. but still can anyone inform me about it.

Jazak Allah Khair amr123 brother.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:29 AM   #5
hellenmoranov

http://spa.qibla.com/issue_view.asp?...D=3264&CATE=13

In the name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful,

Drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, opium, etc are all unlawful (haram) due to the various harms connected with them.

Marijuana is a psychoactive drug made from the leaves of the cannabis plant. It is usually smoked but can also be eaten. It is the most commonly used and considered to be a soft drug.

Marijuana intoxicates a person the same way alcohol does. It weakens one�s senses and the capability to reflect. Scientific research has proven that, marijuana has much harm, and could lead one in becoming an addict to other hard drugs.

The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: �Every intoxicant is prohibited.� Sahih al-Bukhari, no. 4088)

�That which intoxicates in large quantities is prohibited in small quantities.� (Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah, and others, with a sound chain of narrators)

So here there is no need to doubt the illicit nature of such modern narcotics like cocaine, heroine, etc. or such soft drugs that are available in the club scenes, places, unfortunately, visited frequently by Muslim youth in the West.

Therefore, explain to you friend that, all drugs are Haram due to the fact that they intoxicate a person in one way or another. One looses the ability to think and reflect in a proper manner, and that is intoxication. If you have a local scholar, seek his advice and take your friend to him.

And Allah knows best
Marijuana doesn't intoxicate though.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:51 AM   #6
stunnyravytal

Salam 'Aleykum,

What does it do? (I havn't tried it )

Old 12-14-2011, 03:50 AM   #7
hellenmoranov

Salam 'Aleykum,

What does it do? (I havn't tried it )
It makes you happy and relaxed

Old 12-14-2011, 03:59 AM   #8
Kdgjhytiy

it is harame

Old 12-14-2011, 04:07 AM   #9
DrKirkNoliss

[B][url]

this is why i dont understand why the majority of our ulama allow food and drink that contain ethanol e.g. fizzy drinks such as coke. ethanol is also an intoxicant and the quantity should be irrelevant as per the above hadith. the only ulama i know that prohibit food and drink containing ethanol are The Majlisul Ulama SA.

also i recall some posts from before which said that scholars of the past drank a type of alcoholic drink which did not intoxicate or something.

also i was told recently by an alim that according to the hanafi madhab, the sharee definition of intoxicated is when a person can no longer be able to differentiate between right and wrong or something to that effect.

Old 12-14-2011, 04:23 AM   #10
royarnekara

Fizzy drinks are carbonated, they dont contain ethanol. In any case they do not intoxicate in any quantity by themselves.

The mental capacity to differentiate between right and wrong is a good criteria.
I have seen my non-Muslim friends in my teen years do weed/marijuana. They definitely didnt have the mental faculties to do any thinking, let alone differentiate between right and wrong.
Definitely something that should be avoided, brothers.

this is why i dont understand why the majority of our ulama allow food and drink that contain ethanol e.g. fizzy drinks such as coke. ethanol is also an intoxicant and the quantity should be irrelevant as per the above hadith. the only ulama i know that prohibit food and drink containing ethanol are The Majlisul Ulama SA.

also i recall some posts from before which said that scholars of the past drank a type of alcoholic drink which did not intoxicate or something.

also i was told recently by an alim that according to the hanafi madhab, the sharee definition of intoxicated is when a person can no longer be able to differentiate between right and wrong or something to that effect.

Old 12-14-2011, 04:42 AM   #11
BeaseHoca

aaww,
does it have to intoxicate to make it haraam?
cigarette smoking is considered haraam by many scholars and that does not intoxicate.
if one is harming their body then surely one must not use.

a single use of weed can affect a person an ENTIRE lifetime (depression and anxiety).

Old 12-14-2011, 04:49 AM   #12
royarnekara

Unfortunately smoking is something that is rarely brought up, probably because a significant portion of the population is under its grip.
May Allah provide them all an avenue out of it - it drains the body, the wallet and causes families untold grief due to cancers and early death.

As bad as smoking is, imagine the possibility that a Muslim may not be able to pray when he's smoked weed? Something that comes in the way of prayer, how can that NOT be haram?

aaww,
does it have to intoxicate to make it haraam?
cigarette smoking is considered haraam by many scholars and that does not intoxicate.
if one is harming their body then surely one must not use.

a single use of weed can affect a person an ENTIRE lifetime (depression and anxiety).

Old 12-14-2011, 05:13 AM   #13
BeaseHoca

Unfortunately smoking is something that is rarely brought up, probably because a significant portion of the population is under its grip.
May Allah provide them all an avenue out of it - it drains the body, the wallet and causes families untold grief due to cancers and early death.

As bad as smoking is, imagine the possibility that a Muslim may not be able to pray when he's smoked weed? Something that comes in the way of prayer, how can that NOT be haram?
totally agree

Old 12-14-2011, 06:39 AM   #14
DrKirkNoliss

Fizzy drinks are carbonated, they dont contain ethanol. In any case they do not intoxicate in any quantity by themselves.
http://books.themajlis.net/node/287

Old 12-14-2011, 07:15 AM   #15
royarnekara

JZAK for the link, brother.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:05 AM   #16
VottCetaVeivE

I work in the medical field, and believe me Marijuana Does Intoxicate.

Old 12-14-2011, 04:04 PM   #17
JulieSmithdccd

Not to pot heads, it keeps them balanced.

Old 12-14-2011, 04:31 PM   #18
ZIDouglas

If I may, I wish to input as well.. (just to make this more interesting)

I have ...istaghfur Allah.. tried it for an extended period unfortunately. Perhaps I can use my experience to inform others.
(The below may seem to be portrayed in a positive light, but it is appealing to others for these reasons and by no means promoted)
- marijuana is not addictive in any way
- marijuana strengthens the minds ability to ponder/reflect, and increase the senses
- marijuana is considered by many to be less harmful to your body than tobacco cigarettes (hence Amsterdam's stance against tobacco, but not against marijuana)
- marijuana reduces agression, anger, and frustration
- marijuana makes you incredibly lazy/happy
- marijuana makes you very forgetful, and paranoid
- marijuana gives you acceptance that "being" is more comfortable than "doing".
- binge eating, losing weight

clear after effects (short and long term) if you have done it for an extended time (months+), and once you're off it
- your mind will require extensive efforts for stimulation, constantly feeling bored
- your senses will be too demanding (taste, hearing..etc.)
- ADD

A single use of weed does not affect a person during his/her lifetime.

That being said alhamdilla I have quit it entirely and done toba. Please pray that Allah has accepted it.

Old 12-14-2011, 05:11 PM   #19
JulieSmithdccd

Utter non sense in the post. Its like promoting marijuana, brother it would be nice if u delete ur post.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:38 PM   #20
GenManagerS

سلام amr123. Well said brother, I can't believe that this is even a topic that people can even for a second consider being haram/halal??
It is a bad & highly intoxicating drug. I had freinds at school that still use it & believe me they are not normal, I really hate running into them at a shop etc because they cannot hold a normal ADULT conversation.
Marajuana nearly always leads to heavier drugs & nearly every grower uses other things like fly sprays etc to make there drug more potent so buyers return to them.
And it's also proven that for long term uses the chances of becoming physcizophrenic are very high.

Reply to Thread New Thread