LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 12-06-2011, 05:20 AM   #1
Soypopetype

Default Name the Sahabi (R.A)

Inspired by this thread: http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/show...ese-two-sahaba I thought I could post around 5 Q & A's about Sahaba from a book I have http://www.idarastore.com/islamic-bo.../prod_135.html. I'll post the descriptions and then 2-3 days later the answers (so members get a chance to guess/research) plus the next Questions. InshaAllah this will be a source for learning more about the sahaba .

1. Who were the two wives of Nabi Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam upon whom Allah Ta'aala conveyed His Salaams?

2. Who is known as "Yusuf (Alaihis Salaam) of this Ummat"? Umar Radiyallahu anhu named him this due to his breathtaking handsomeness.

3. Which Sahaabi Radiyallahu Anhu was known to be the most obedient to his mother?

4. He could run faster than a horse and his shout could be heard over a distance of five miles. On the occasion of "The treaty of Hudaybiah" this Sahaabi Radiyallahu Anhu took the oath of allegiance to fight until death thrice upon the blessed hands of Nabi Sallallahu alaihi Wa Sallam. What was this Brave Sahaabi Radiyallahu Anhu's name?

5. Nabi Sallallahu alaihi Wa Sallam had eleven uncles. Only two accepted Islam. Name them?

Old 12-06-2011, 11:22 AM   #2
anxpuna

1. Who were the two wives of Nabi Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam upon whom Allah Ta'aala conveyed His Salaams?

Aisha (R.A.) and ....(confused).

2. Who is known as "Yusuf (Alaihis Salaam) of this Ummat"? Umar Radiyallahu anhu named him this due to his breathtaking handsomeness. Dehya Qalbi

3. Which Sahaabi Radiyallahu Anhu was known to be the most obedient to his mother? Abu Hurairah

4. He could run faster than a horse and his shout could be heard over a distance of five miles. On the occasion of "The treaty of Hudaybiah" this Sahaabi Radiyallahu Anhu took the oath of allegiance to fight until death thrice upon the blessed hands of Nabi Sallallahu alaihi Wa Sallam. What was this Brave Sahaabi Radiyallahu Anhu's name? Salamah Ibn Aqwa (Not sure)

5. Nabi Sallallahu alaihi Wa Sallam had eleven uncles. Only two accepted Islam. Name them? Hamza and Abbas

Old 12-06-2011, 11:34 AM   #3
uneniaPhenits

Good initiative.

1. Who were the two wives of Nabi Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam upon whom Allah Ta'aala conveyed His Salaams? 2. Who is known as "Yusuf (Alaihis Salaam) of this Ummat"? Umar Radiyallahu anhu named him this due to his breathtaking handsomeness. Musab ibn Umair (ra) ?
3. Which Sahaabi Radiyallahu Anhu was known to be the most obedient to his mother? 4. He could run faster than a horse and his shout could be heard over a distance of five miles. On the occasion of "The treaty of Hudaybiah" this Sahaabi Radiyallahu Anhu took the oath of allegiance to fight until death thrice upon the blessed hands of Nabi Sallallahu alaihi Wa Sallam. What was this Brave Sahaabi Radiyallahu Anhu's name? 5. Nabi Sallallahu alaihi Wa Sallam had eleven uncles. Only two accepted Islam. Name them? S'ad ibn Abi Waqqas(ra)? (He was called as the maternal uncle, but He is actually the son of Rasoolullah 's Mothers cousin).

Edit: Hamza(ra) and Abbass(ra)

Will do some digging up and post later.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:48 AM   #4
uncoodync

1. Mother of Believers, Aiesha and Khadeeja
4. Hamza
5. Abbas and Hamza

Old 12-06-2011, 11:56 AM   #5
Bwvapays

:wasalam:

I agree with the answers of brother Zahed. The second wife of Nabi (Sallalahu Alehe Wasalam) upon whom Allah Ta'aala conveyed His Salaams could be Hazrat Khadija (RA)

Allah knows best

Old 12-06-2011, 12:03 PM   #6
uncoodync

:wasalam:

I agree with the answers of brother Zahed. The second wife of Nabi PBUH upon whom Allah Ta'aala conveyed His Salaams could be Hazrat Khadija (RA)

Allah knows best
Hazrath khateeja is right one, but please make this change in your post in front of Nabi ....

Old 12-06-2011, 12:04 PM   #7
tLO0hFNy

Influenced by this thread: http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/show...ese-two-sahaba I thought I could post around 5 Q & A's about Sahaba from a book I have http://www.idarastore.com/islamic-bo.../prod_135.html. I'll post the descriptions and then 2-3 days later the answers (so members get a chance to guess) plus the next Questions. InshaAllah this will be a source for learning more about the sahaba .

2. Who is known as "Yusuf (Alaihis Salaam) of this Ummat"? Umar Radiyallahu anhu named him this due to his breathtaking handsomeness.

3. Which Sahaabi Radiyallahu Anhu was known to be the most obedient to his mother?

4. He could run faster than a horse and his shout could be heard over a distance of five miles. On the occasion of "The treaty of Hudaybiah" this Sahaabi Radiyallahu Anhu took the oath of allegiance to fight until death thrice upon the blessed hands of Nabi Sallallahu alaihi Wa Sallam. What was this Brave Sahaabi Radiyallahu Anhu's name?

5. Nabi Sallallahu alaihi Wa Sallam had eleven uncles. Only two accepted Islam. Name them?

1. Our Mothers, Aisha (RA) and Khadija (RA)
2. Dihya Qalbi
3. Hadrat Numaan (RA) or Hadrat Abu Huraira (RA)
4. Hadrat Salman bin Aqwa
5. Hamza (RA) and Abbas (RA)

Allah (SWT) knows best.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:06 PM   #8
Bwvapays

Hazrath khateeja is right one, but please make this change in your post in front of Nabi ....
for correcting me brother. may Allah bless you

Old 12-06-2011, 07:46 PM   #9
RilmAlime67

4. Hamza
remember brother Hazrat Hamza(ra) got shahadat at Uhad (3 years prior to Hudaibia)

Old 12-06-2011, 07:54 PM   #10
uneniaPhenits

2. Who is known as "Yusuf (Alaihis Salaam) of this Ummat"? Umar Radiyallahu anhu named him this due to his breathtaking handsomeness. Jarir ibn Abdullah

Shamail Tirmidhi (212) Hadith Number 6
Jarir bin Abdullah radiyallahu anhu reports, I was presented to Umar (ra) (for an inspection).
“Jarir threw off his top shawl and walked in his lungi only (so that he could be inspected). Umar told him to take his top sheet (put it on) and address the people saying: “I did not see anyone more handsome than Jarir besides what we have heard of Yusuf As-Siddiqe alaihis salaam.”

Old 12-06-2011, 08:27 PM   #11
uneniaPhenits

4. Hadrat Salman bin Aqwa

Salama Ibn Aqwa: One Man Army

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeXpzwioldg

Don't miss it, This Sahabi was indeed one of a kind.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:59 AM   #12
Zjohkrbi

could you post more questions so i can increase my knowlege

Old 12-08-2011, 04:57 AM   #13
Soypopetype

Answers:

1. Khadija and Ayesha (Radiyallahu Anhuma)
2. Jareer bin Abdullah (Radiyallahu Anhu)

3. Aisha (Radhiyallahu Anha) narrates that Rasulullah said: while asleep i found myself in paradise and heard someone reciting the Quraan. I asked, Who is this? The angels replied Haarithah Ibn Nu'maan. Then Rasulullah said to Aisha (Radhiyallahu Anha), (Indeed) Great deeds are like this, great deeds are like this! Haarithah Ibn Nu'maan was very dutiful to his mother. (Musnad Ahmad)
4. Salamah Bin Akwa (Radiyallahu Anhu)
5. Hamza and Abbas (Radiyallahu Anhuma)

Next Questions:

1. Who from the adult companions of Rasulullah was the first to accept Islam?

2. Which Sahabi was known as the "Mu'adhin of Rasulullah " ?

3. Which Sahabi was granted leave to wear silk on account of a rash?

4. Which 2 Sahabah (Radiyallahu Anhuma) claim to remember the promise they took by Allah Ta'ala in the "Aalam-e-Arwah" (World of souls)?

5. Who, from among the wives of Rasulullah was the last to pass away?

Old 12-08-2011, 06:44 AM   #14
uneniaPhenits

Answers:

1. Khadija and Ayesha (Radiyallahu Anhuma)
2. Jareer bin Abdullah (Radiyallahu Anhu)

3. Aisha (Radhiyallahu Anha) narrates that Rasulullah said: while asleep i found myself in paradise and heard someone reciting the Quraan. I asked, Who is this? The angels replied Haarithah Ibn Nu'maan. Then Rasulullah said to Aisha (Radhiyallahu Anha), (Indeed) Great deeds are like this, great deeds are like this! Haarithah Ibn Nu'maan was very dutiful to his mother. (Musnad Ahmad)
4. Salamah Bin Akwa (Radiyallahu Anhu)
5. Hamza and Abbas (Radiyallahu Anhuma)

Old 12-08-2011, 06:47 AM   #15
uneniaPhenits

Next Questions:

Abu Bakr As Sideeq

2. Which Sahabi was known as the "Mu'adhin of Rasulullah " ? Bilal

3. Which Sahabi was granted leave to wear silk on account of a rash? Abdullah ibn Masood (ra) ?

4. Which 2 Sahabah (Radiyallahu Anhuma) claim to remember the promise they took by Allah Ta'ala in the "Aalam-e-Arwah" (World of souls)?

5. Who, from among the wives of Rasulullah was the last to pass away? Aisha (ra) ?

Old 12-08-2011, 06:52 AM   #16
uneniaPhenits

Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 72, Number 730:

Narrated Anas(ra):

"The Prophet allowed Az-Zubair and 'Abdur-Rahman to wear silk because they were suffering from an itch."

Old 12-08-2011, 08:58 AM   #17
amagmasia

Think it's Umm Salamah RA

Old 12-10-2011, 07:46 AM   #18
uneniaPhenits

Answers?

Old 12-10-2011, 08:47 AM   #19
Soypopetype

Answers:

1. Hadhrat Abu Bakr (Radiyallahu Anhu)
2. Hadhrat Bilal (Radiyallahu Anhu)
3. Hadhrat Abdur-Rahmaan bin Auf (Radiyallahu Anhu)
4. Hadhrat Ali & Sahl bin Abdullah (Radiyallahu Anhuma)
5. HAdhrat Umme Salmah (Radiyallahu Anha)

Next Questions:

1. Which wife of Rasulullah left her turn for Hadhrat Aisha ?

2. Hadhrat Abu Huraira is a famous sahabi who is known by this title. More than 40 versions of his name have been recorded.List one of his more accepted names.

3. Regarding which poet did Rasulullah say that his quatrains contains the most poetry? This poet when embracing Islam discarded all his poetry and said, "The Quraan is sufficient for my salvation." What was his name?

4. This Sahabi was the spokesman in the court of Negus when the Quraish sent a delegation to bring the Muslims back to Makkah. After an inspiring speech he recited some verses from the Quraan upon which the king himself broke down into tears and granted the Muslims refuge in his land. What was this eloquent Sahabi's name?

5. Rasulullah had 6 aunts. Only 1 accepted Islam, name her.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:46 PM   #20
uneniaPhenits

Next Questions:

2. Which Sahabi was known as the "Mu'adhin of Rasulullah " ?

Answers:

1. Hadhrat Abu Bakr (Radiyallahu Anhu)
2. Hadhrat Bilal (Radiyallahu Anhu)
3. Hadhrat Abdur-Rahmaan bin Auf (Radiyallahu Anhu)
4. Hadhrat Ali & Sahl bin Abdullah (Radiyallahu Anhuma)
5. HAdhrat Umme Salmah (Radiyallahu Anha)

Reply to Thread New Thread