LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 07-04-2010, 02:22 AM   #1
globjgtyf

Default How to face heavy Tashkeel?
Assalaam'aaleykum!

I don't know how many of you have encountered those pushy and heavy Tashkeel by our Tableeghi brothers wherein you are left red faced for not being able to pack your bags and leave with them on a short notice, but I just experienced one such Tashkeel and I am sorry to say that I didn't quite like it. I reckon that it might not be the Brothers intention to cause that situation but it just happened.

I would like to ask veterans TJ Saathis about what do Usool-at-Tableegh and Akabireen have to say about it. Up to what extent should Saathis try to convince others to go out in the path of Allah?

And how does one respectfully refuse if he/she is not prepared to go for whatever personal reason?

P.S - I am in no way criticizing the work and dare I ever say anything against it. I love and respect this work. I must also mention that I do have a desire [not just intention] to go for 4 months, but I would only go according to my own Tarteeb.

May Allah Ta'ala accept me for this work. Ameen!

Old 07-04-2010, 03:34 AM   #2
polleroy

It ain't a good feeling to be put on the spot, sometimes it can feel embarrassing.

Even though the best tashkeel is immediate and ready with cash, next time you could tell the tashkeel brother to write your name, but on a date when you're ready to go. Then work towards preparing for that date.

When taking names, people shouldn't be made to feel bad and the mushakkil should have some understanding of the general people and speak to them accordingly.

I remember in places in Jamaa'ah it took a lot of convincing in tashkeel for the general people. Other places the turn out was pretty good while in another places the tashkeel brother had to ask the majlis to sit down because everyone wanted to give their name. Ahh Bangladesh

Sometimes it's better to speak to the brother privately about his situation.

Old 07-04-2010, 03:55 AM   #3
etdgxcnc

Saathis are supposed to find solutions for the things which are holding people back from going out in the path of Allah. For example you can't take enough holidays, so they'll encourage you to take unpaid ones. There are as well some restrictions which are very difficult to solve, for example very sick parents to care about. Now, comments like "How can you come to help to your mother, if the angel of death appears to her? Huh?" are totally inappropriate. If someone is not accepting a quite simple solutions to his hindrance, then it's a sign that he does not really want to. And there's no other way than encouragment (targheeb) to make some one want to go out. That's actually the first step. Elders say, that if people (mostly in a collective gathering) are not ready to go out, then one should convince them of the fact that Allah is the Nourisher and the Sustainer (sustained Yunus in fish and Ibrahim in fire etc.) and how Allah honoured the Sahabah for being all the time ready to go out (story of Hanzala etc.). So, there's no real forcing. Really only three steps: 1. Encourage them to make intention. 2. Help them solve their problems. 3. Make du'a for them.

And a humble request at fellow Muslims (especially those active in the Internet) listen to encouragement by an open heart as Allah may turn it into a good direction. Don't sit their with the glass the other way around, just because you think you know 1 or 2 things about how the "TJ" as you call it works. Don't get paranoid like: "Oh no, he'll make me tashkeel now!" and simply wait for him to quote a weak hadith, which you'll regonize at the first place, because thanks to SF you're not as Islamic illiterate as a common tablighi. Please try to benefit from their talks and encouragements in any form. Yes, even by going out sometimes. Wallahu 'Alam.

Old 07-04-2010, 04:04 AM   #4
lookanddiscover

I'm soo not for forcing people to go out immediately, but i somewhat force them to atleast write their names for niyyah sake..that too people esp. Females are so reluctant to do.

**I know bro Needn0name is a very great TJ so i guess you'd love to know this:
>>Maulana Yusuf r.a.h used to say(words to the effect) :
ek chilla bila tartib, hazar chille jo tartib par ho se behtar he.
0ne Chilla (40 days) without tartib is better than a 1000 chillas on tartib..:-P

Old 07-04-2010, 06:26 AM   #5
pokerbonuscod

Sorry but where all these people are going?

Old 07-04-2010, 07:11 AM   #6
slimfifa

Sorry but where all these people are going?

In the path of Allaah, for islaah and da'wah.

Old 07-04-2010, 01:06 PM   #7
dr-eavealer

Sensitive situation. May Allah Ta'ala solve all your problems, ease all hardships and give you the taufiq to go out in His path. And also give the brothers who made this thaskeel hard on you good insight.

The elders say that there is only encouragement in the work of Da'wat. There is no force or putting people in an embarrassing situation. There are different types of this Thashkeel. 1) done in a main bayan, 2) one on one at home/ masjid

Main bayan thashkeels are supposed to be done with zero force as new people also sit. One on one wasooli at home, no force is used but encouragement and solutions to problems. Some people just do not know the art of wasooli ghust (sitting one on one and encouraging a brother to go in the path of Allah). Usually the brothers who go on wasooli are told that whatever problem the saathi comes up with, there is solution for it in Deen and they should show him appropriate ways to get out of them.

An important Maulana once went on a Ghust and made Thashkeel of a brother who used to be in the entertainment industry. He made thashkeel for 1 chilla, on for example the 10th of July. This brother said, "look I would like to come, but I have to attend a concert on that day and I am sorry". The Maulana told him, "Do not worry, 10th July you are going on Chilla insha Allah". Maulana went away and the brother passed him off to be a lunatic with a turban.

9th July the brother left for the airport, and was waiting for his plane when he suddenly started to feel his body becoming cold and paralysis taking over. There was a call made for to collect the boarding pass, first call, final call and the plane left. After the plane left he regained himself and was in heavy perspiration. Fear overtook him, he cancelled everything, went home and started thinking. What the Maulana said suddenly hit him, "10th July, going on Chilla". He went to the local sathis house who brought the Maulana to him and told him to take him where Maulana was.

They went the next day and found Maulana in Salah. Khadim told them, wait till he finishes and talk to him. When Maulana made Salam and turned, he rushed and hugged the brother. He told him, "This is not a place where concerts are held, this is a place where people go on Jamat". The brother explained everything that happened and the Maulana told him:

"Dear brother, how can you go for the concert? When I made your thashkeel I made intention to make 100 rakats nafl on your behalf and I just finished my 56th rakat!"

Anyone has doubts in the power of Salah? Sadly, this has gone away from most Tablighi Sathis nowadays. This is how Work is done and it is being done in some places. May Allah give us taufiq. Which just hits me bro, did you pray, give sadaqa, make dua, fast to go in the path of Allah?

Old 07-04-2010, 01:20 PM   #8
polleroy

the Maulana told him:

"Dear brother, how can you go for the concert? When I made your thashkeel I made intention to make 100 rakats nafl on your behalf and I just finished my 56th rakat!"
Oh Snap (!!!!!!!)

May Allah give us similar sifaat, Amin.

That is a generally forgotten practice, Reading surah YaSeen, giving Sadaqah secrectly, making Salatul Haajah before going to the makhlooq for the fulfillment of needs.

Baarakallah feek ahlezikr,

Old 07-04-2010, 01:37 PM   #9
dr-eavealer

Oh Snap (!!!!!!!)

May Allah give us similar sifaat, Amin.

That is a generally forgotten practice, Reading surah YaSeen, giving Sadaqah secrectly, making Salatul Haajah before going to the makhlooq for the fulfillment of needs.

Baarakallah feek ahlezikr,

I was once with a jamat of students all 16 years old. Once this concept was told to them, each would come up to me when I go on Ghust and say, here are my 300 3rd Kalima, my 500 Durood, my 1000 Istighfar, use it when your on Ghust. An objective of the Work is to turn people away from Maal and towards A'maal isnt it. Shaitan and Nafs never let jamats do these nowadays

May Allah Ta'ala grant us understanding of the Work

Old 07-04-2010, 01:46 PM   #10
polleroy

I was once with a jamat of students all 16 years old. Once this concept was told to them, each would come up to me when I go on Ghust and say, here are my 300 3rd Kalima, my 500 Durood, my 1000 Istighfar, use it when your on Ghust. An objective of the Work is to turn people away from Maal and towards A'maal isnt it. Shaitan and Nafs never let jamats do these nowadays

May Allah Ta'ala grant us understanding of the Work
Amin.

There are students in i'tikaaf in my Masjid now, I'll try to give them mudhaakarah along these lines after Fajr

Man I'm happy you posted that

Old 07-04-2010, 02:08 PM   #11
dr-eavealer

Amin.

There are students in i'tikaaf in my Masjid now, I'll try to give them mudhaakarah along these lines after Fajr

Man I'm happy you posted that
Masha Allah
Tell them to make dua for me bro... If your going to talk to them, then I think I should tell you more. After a few days when the fikr of Da'wa Ilallah was put to them, some even gave da'wa to about 30 people a day. We were in a locality where few local people came for Salah, so it was encouraged to give Da'wa within the jamat. We started seeing ajeeb help from Allah after this.

2 boys who were careful with every Sunnah and recited 100 Durood before sleeping saw our beloved Sayyidul Ambiya, Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) in their dreams! Others were lazy to recite 100 Durood before sleeping.

Old 07-04-2010, 02:19 PM   #12
polleroy

Masha Allah
Tell them to make dua for me bro... If your going to talk to them, then I think I should tell you more. After a few days when the fikr of Da'wa Ilallah was put to them, some even gave da'wa to about 30 people a day. We were in a locality where few local people came for Salah, so it was encouraged to give Da'wa within the jamat. We started seeing ajeeb help from Allah after this.

2 boys who were careful with every Sunnah and recited 100 Durood before sleeping saw our beloved Sayyidul Ambiya, Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) in their dreams! Others were lazy to recite 100 Durood before sleeping.
Even before I do that, I'll get off this piece of metal and make du'aa for you first.

I usually don't stay up this long but I've been having trouble sleeping lately.

This serves as targheeb for me to boost my already weak A'maal. This is golden.

Ok I'm off......please make du'aa for a weak brothah.

Old 07-04-2010, 02:21 PM   #13
dr-eavealer

Even before I do that, I'll get off this piece of metal and make du'aa for you first

I usually don't stay up this long but I've been having trouble sleeping lately.

This serves as targheeb for me to boost my already weak A'maal. This is golden.

Ok I'm off......please make du'aa for a weak brothah.
Allah accept you and give you all the Sifat necessary to do this Work and gain His pleasure. Read Amale Quraan by Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi (rah), got some medication for sleeplessness

Old 07-04-2010, 09:31 PM   #14
globjgtyf

Assalaam'aaleykum!

Jazak'Allah Khayr everyone for your response!

Reflecting back on yesterday's Tashkeel after having read your replies, I feel that it wasn't as pushy as I felt yesterday. And I would heartily accept the fact that it was more of an encouragement (Targheeb) and solution-finding attempt on brothers part who visited and tashkeel[ed] me. I even regret now for having such feeling but Allah know me better that it wasn't something deliberate. May Allah ta'ala give us correct understanding!

But one question is still left unanswered - How does one respectfully refuse if he/she is not prepared to go for whatever personal reason?

Jazak'Allah khayr everyone once again! I look forward to hearing from you.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:33 PM   #15
dr-eavealer

Istikhara/ Mashura is the best for everything. If the reason is personal, and cannot be divulged to the brothers who came, tell them you will make mashura with elders. My advice is to make mashura before taking a decision. This ayat always hits me when I am having problems moving out:

Go forth, whether light or heavy, and strive with your wealth and your lives in the cause of Allah . That is better for you, if you only knew.

Tafsir al-Jalalayn
Go forth, light and heavy!, that is, energetically or not; it is also said [to mean], [go forth] strong or weak, or rich or poor — but this was abrogated by the verse, The weak would not be at fault … [Q. 9:91]. Struggle in the way of God with your possessions and your lives: that is better for you, if only you knew, that it is better for you; so do not sink down heavily.

Source - http://quran.com/9

When you tell them you will make mashura with elders, it indirectly means, "pack your bags and leave". lol
And ofcourse, you make mashura and then the decision of mashura is taken up.

Old 07-05-2010, 05:38 AM   #16
Zfdeisde

Assalaam'aaleykum!

I don't know how many of you have encountered those pushy and heavy Tashkeel by our Tableeghi brothers wherein you are left red faced for not being able to pack your bags and leave with them on a short notice, but I just experienced one such Tashkeel and I am sorry to say that I didn't quite like it. I reckon that it might not be the Brothers intention to cause that situation but it just happened.

I would like to ask veterans TJ Saathis about what do Usool-at-Tableegh and Akabireen have to say about it. Up to what extent should Saathis try to convince others to go out in the path of Allah?

And how does one respectfully refuse if he/she is not prepared to go for whatever personal reason?

P.S - I am in no way criticizing the work and dare I ever say anything against it. I love and respect this work. I must also mention that I do have a desire [not just intention] to go for 4 months, but I would only go according to my own Tarteeb.

May Allah Ta'ala accept me for this work. Ameen!
There are time where I feel angry as well with heavy tashkeel especially when some one who tashkeel had easy live to just pack and go. But, my husband always told me, " at least Allah sen someone to remind us. Although in harsh or heavy way, rather than Allah left us do what we want to do".

So, Insya Allah, even you o feel angry or embarassing, just remember this people are the guest of Allah who trying had to help themselves, to better thamselves to gain jannah and on the way try to help others to open their path into jannah as well. It's just some people had too motivated than the others. Sometimes we do need to be knock on our face, yes, everybody had reason and problem not be able to go out, ( as me my self as well), but alhamdulillah at least we been given a worries and fikir.

Old 07-05-2010, 03:12 PM   #17
hotelhyatt

[QUOTE=ahlezikr;495480]
Istikhara/ Mashura is the best for everything. If the reason is personal, and cannot be divulged to the brothers who came, tell them you will make mashura with elders. My advice is to make mashura before taking a decision. This ayat always hits me when I am having problems moving out:

Go forth, whether light or heavy, and strive with your wealth and your lives in the cause of Allah . That is better for you, if you only knew.

Tafsir al-Jalalayn
Go forth, light and heavy!, that is, energetically or not; it is also said [to mean], [go forth] strong or weak, or rich or poor — but this was abrogated by the verse, The weak would not be at fault … [Q. 9:91]. Struggle in the way of God with your possessions and your lives: that is better for you, if only you knew, that it is better for you; so do not sink down heavily.

Source - http://quran.com/9

I thINK SCHOLARS WILL TELL YOU THIS VERSE IS EXCLUSIVELY FOR JIHAAD NOT TABLIGH

Old 07-05-2010, 08:31 PM   #18
globjgtyf

There are time where I feel angry as well with heavy tashkeel especially when some one who tashkeel had easy live to just pack and go. But, my husband always told me, " at least Allah sen someone to remind us. Although in harsh or heavy way, rather than Allah left us do what we want to do".

So, Insya Allah, even you o feel angry or embarassing, just remember this people are the guest of Allah who trying had to help themselves, to better thamselves to gain jannah and on the way try to help others to open their path into jannah as well. It's just some people had too motivated than the others. Sometimes we do need to be knock on our face, yes, everybody had reason and problem not be able to go out, ( as me my self as well), but alhamdulillah at least we been given a worries and fikir.
Exactly! While listening to the Tashkeel, a part of me was constantly reminding me of the same thing.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:16 AM   #19
etdgxcnc

I thINK SCHOLARS WILL TELL YOU THIS VERSE IS EXCLUSIVELY FOR JIHAAD NOT TABLIGH
Can someone confirm what the brother just said?

Old 07-06-2010, 02:16 AM   #20
polleroy

Question:

(4) What can be said about joining Tabligh Jama'at and touring America, England, Europe, Asia and other countries under the pretext of making ghusht and responding to the verse of the Qur'an that states: "Proceed (in the path of Allah) when light or heavy." Is this type of ghusht wajib, sunnah, or mustahab in the light of the Shari'ah?

Answer:

(4) If the person's intention is merely to tour and is using the veil of Tabligh, he is making a grave mistake. One of the most fundamentals of the Tabligh Jama'at is the correction of intention. It is then incorrect to use the verse "proceed (in the path of Allah) when light or heavy" to encourage people to join such a tour. The verse has other connotations.

Written by the servant Mahmud (may Allah forgive him)
Darul Uloom Deoband
17/08/1390 A.H.

Question:

The second factor is that we find errors in belief and errors in action. In my understanding, an error in action is not as serious an error in belief. Although these people (of the Tabligh Jama'at do correct errors in action, they create errors in belief, which is much more harmful. The first error is that they regard a mustahab as being fardh. They interpret the virtues of jihad as the virtues of Tabligh. By your interpretation, the highest status that can be deduced is that of being mustahab. However, these people accord it the status of sunnah mu'akkadah.....

Answer:

One factor has been omitted. It is the reply to your statement that the Ahadith stating the virtues of jihad have been accredited to the work of Tabligh. This is quite in order. The reason for this is commonly understood. There are two factors to be understood here. The first is that actually fighting the enemies of Islam is usually referred to as jihad. It has its own virtues and enjoys a very high status. The second thing is to exhort oneself for the Deen of Allah, even though this does not culminate actual fighting. A study of the Qur'an and the Ahadith will reveal that this is also referred to as jihad. In his commentary of Bukhari entitled Fathul Bari, Hafidh Ibn Hajar has stated that acquiring the knowledge of Deen (learning), imparting it (teaching) as well as enjoining good and forbidding evil are all forms of jihad. In the like manner, writing books of Deen, explaining masaa'il to people, responding to those who object to the Deen and debating with them are also forms of jihad. In fact, Imam Nawawi has mentioned approximately thirteen forms of jihad. Allah states in a verse of the Qur'an:

"O Nabi Wage jihad against the Kuffar and the Munaafiqin..."
Tahrim:9

Although this verse instructs the waging of jihad against the Kuffar and the Munafiqin, the sword was never drawn against the Munafiqin. Allah says in another verse:

"We shall definitely show Our avenues to those who exert themselves in our cause..."
'Ankabut: 69

Even in this verse, the term jihad does not refer to fighting with the sword.

The term 'khurooj fee sabeelilllah' ( going out in the path of Allah) is not exclusively used for fighting. In his Chapter of jihad (pg. 394), Imam Bukhari has reported a hadith that states:

"The fire (of Jahannam) will not touch the feet of the person whose feet became dusty in the path of Allah."

Imam Bukhari has also quoted the Hadith in his Chapter of Jumu'ah (pg. 124) with the words:

"Allah has forbiden the fire (of Jahannam) from the person whose feet have become dusty in the path of Allah."

This makes it evident that this term is not used exclusively for fighting (because the person proceeding for the Jumu'ah salah is also classified as someone who is in the path of Allah).

It should also be noted that the purpose of fighting in jihad is not to merely to spill blood, but to elevate the Deen. Then too, fighting with the sword will take place only when such an obstacle stands in the path of the elevation of the Deen which can be removed only by fighting with the sword. The procedure is that people are first invited to accept Islam. If they refuse, the sword is not yet drawn. They are then given the option of paying the jizya. If they accept this, they sword will not be necessary. If not the sword will be used as a last measure because there now stands an obstacle to the flourishing of the Deen. While there are great rewards for this (fighting with the sword), it stands to reason that the rewards for achieving the objectives of this fighting with the sword should be much greater. And Allah Knows best.

Written by the servant Mahmud (may Allah forgive him)

Taken from the book, Mufti Mahmud Hasan Sahib Gangohi and the Tabligh Jama'at

Reply to Thread New Thread