LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 03-24-2011, 04:12 AM   #1
kKFB1BxX

Default Moving to Chicago...Naseehah
I am thinking of moving to Chicago or around it to seek ilm of the deen. Many have spoken about the ulema that reside in and around Chicago but I am in search of Deobandi Masajids that speak english...lol. Many have mentioned north of the city on Devon Ave bc its called Desi Town or whatever. Can any give naseehah on this matter?

Old 03-24-2011, 04:25 AM   #2
Gakeincidoniac

Do you know of Mufti Nawalur Rahman [DB] at www.shariahboard.org ?

Old 03-24-2011, 06:11 AM   #3
VZF74G0M

There are many small masajid all over the city, with the most being on the far north and far south sides. The far north side, in an area called Rogers Park, is where West Devon Ave. is. There are mostly Pakistani, Indian, and Afghan families living there, with a few Somali, Bosnian, and Iraqi families as of the past few years. I personally don't know of any mosques that are Deobandi but I do know that there are many small basement schools and masajid, usually organized on ethnicity. The far south side is mostly Palestinian and Black Americans.

The Muslim Community Center (MCC) is the largest masjid in Chicago. It's not far from Devon. It's a special place, in my opinion, because it is the only place I have prayed at in Chicago that is not overtly cliquish. I'm sure you'd be able to find the info you seek (on Deobandi masjids) from someone at MCC.

Old 03-24-2011, 06:22 AM   #4
goctorsurger

I am thinking of moving to Chicago or around it to seek ilm of the deen. Many have spoken about the ulema that reside in and around Chicago but I am in search of Deobandi Masajids that speak english...lol. Many have mentioned north of the city on Devon Ave bc its called Desi Town or whatever. Can any give naseehah on this matter?
I live n grew up here. Welcome!

Old 03-24-2011, 06:24 AM   #5
kKFB1BxX

Do you know of Mufti Nawalur Rahman [DB] at www.shariahboard.org ?
No I dont but I just checked the website you provided and Mash'Allah its really great. Most deobandi masajids are in urdu so its hard for a white guy like me who doesnt know arabic nor urdu to find english bayaans. Insh'Allah I will search hard for verily my journey is fisibilillah

Old 03-24-2011, 06:26 AM   #6
kKFB1BxX

I live n grew up here. Welcome!
I havent moved yet...lol. How is the employment rate there? I heard its pretty bad. I am hoping to find work in a halal workplace...restaurant,bookstore,butcher shop etc. Any advice would be great

Old 03-24-2011, 06:41 AM   #7
goctorsurger

I havent moved yet...lol. How is the employment rate there? I heard its pretty bad. I am hoping to find work in a halal workplace...restaurant,bookstore,butcher shop etc. Any advice would be great
Lots of stores and shops here. Chicago has a lot of employment opportunities, though and generally people will help you find something. For you I recommend that you keep contact with Shariahboard but also ICC. Insha'Allah when you come here I can introduce you to some of the many ulama here like my shaikh db, Shaikh Husain Abdul Sattar sahib db and Mufti Husain Kamani, Mufti Ehzaz Ajmeri, and other English speaking Ulama. You will enjoy.

A lot of bachelors live together like 4 brothers will share a place and split all rent and utilities. Time passes. We have big tablighi markaz here, very active with English speaking brothers. There are 6 masajid within 1 mile radius of me on all sides. Lots of Deobandi Ulama.

Old 03-24-2011, 06:42 AM   #8
Gakeincidoniac

I think scholars at the Shariah Board are fluent in English too.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:31 AM   #9
kKFB1BxX

Lots of stores and shops here. Chicago has a lot of employment opportunities, though and generally people will help you find something. For you I recommend that you keep contact with Shariahboard but also ICC. Insha'Allah when you come here I can introduce you to some of the many ulama here like my shaikh db, Shaikh Husain Abdul Sattar sahib db and Mufti Husain Kamani, Mufti Ehzaz Ajmeri, and other English speaking Ulama. You will enjoy.

A lot of bachelors live together like 4 brothers will share a place and split all rent and utilities. Time passes. We have big tablighi markaz here, very active with English speaking brothers. There are 6 masajid within 1 mile radius of me on all sides. Lots of Deobandi Ulama.
Jazak'Allahu Khayr akhi. I need all the help I can get. We should definitely stay in contact. If you wish, pm me with your email and it would be better to speak more privately on this matter...Insh'Allah

Old 03-24-2011, 09:29 AM   #10
goctorsurger

Jazak'Allahu Khayr akhi. I need all the help I can get. We should definitely stay in contact. If you wish, pm me with your email and it would be better to speak more privately on this matter...Insh'Allah
Insha'Allah. let me know when you are in town. we will go visit the ulama and mashaikh.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:21 PM   #11
enentique

Insha'Allah. let me know when you are in town. we will go visit the ulama and mashaikh.
yes , meet shaikh fusoos first and you will reach a state where it is said:

"Ham wahan hein jahan se ham ko bhi
Khod hamari khabar nahi ati"

"I am somewhere from where even i myself can,t get any news of myself"

Old 03-24-2011, 12:54 PM   #12
goctorsurger

yes , meet shaikh fusoos first and you will reach a state where it is said:

"Ham wahan hein jahan se ham ko bhi
Khod hamari khabar nahi ati"

"I am somewhere from where even i myself can,t get any news of myself"
More like this:

na Vo Ishq Mein Raheen Garmiyaan, Na Vo Husn Mein Raheen Shokiyaan,
na Vo Gazanavi Mein Tadap Rahi, na Vo Kham Hai Zulf-E-Aayaaz Mein.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:06 AM   #13
Pszinygv

More like this:

"Dhekiye milti he kab dolat "sukoone ishq" ki
Howo hoe Ishq to hangamae aghaz he"

Let us see when we find the gift of the "peace of love", as making loud mourns are only the toyes of beginners"

Old 03-25-2011, 02:20 AM   #14
kKFB1BxX

More like this:

I should be up there next Thursday Insh'Allah. You stated that I should contact Shariahboard.org....may I ask why? What exactly can they help me with? Please excuse my ignorance since I am unfamiliar with a lot of things up there. Please contact me asap. Its always best to have friends in unfamiliar territory

Old 03-25-2011, 01:15 PM   #15
goctorsurger

I should be up there next Thursday Insh'Allah. You stated that I should contact Shariahboard.org....may I ask why? What exactly can they help me with? Please excuse my ignorance since I am unfamiliar with a lot of things up there. Please contact me asap. Its always best to have friends in unfamiliar territory
I meant keep in touch because Shariahboard is loaded with experienced Ulama. A few speak English, but even then just being in the company of such people is very beneficial. Plus Hazrat Mufti Nawalur Rahman sahib db is there, a big time buzrugh. Very high level scholar and kamil shaikh of tasawwuf.

Here we have a few different institutions, many many ulama and they are all doing excellent work. After you come you will see. Chicago is something to experience. Ask the moderators for my email and contact me.

Old 03-26-2011, 11:49 PM   #16
kKFB1BxX

I contacted the moderators but no reply as of yet. You have over 200 posts so you should be able to pm me yourself or at least see my profile to see my email address. But I will post it here... [clip]. I am booking my hotel now so its a must that we get some stuff arranged Insh'Allah. Please reply asap

Old 03-27-2011, 11:56 AM   #17
Neitteloxesia

asSalaamu Alaikum,

Chicago is perfect if you wish to be around Ulama, Mashaayikh, Sulahaa, and an active Muslim community in various facets. BTW, just want to point out, there is not necessarily a notion of "Deobandi-Masjid" (although there are Masaajid which mostly host Ulama associated with Deoband). Most people don't even know about these various terms (which at times is a good thing). The Masaajid and community here are quite diverse, and alHamdulillah, at least for now, mix with each other to a decent amount.

Near the city:

ICC Chicago: ---> Intersection of Lincoln and Peterson
Hazrat Shaykh Dr. Husain Abdul Sattar db (sacredlearning.org), khalifah of Hazratji Shaykh Zulfiqar Ahmad (db). Very influential. Is a container of spirituality, sincerity, humility, and wisdom, Masha'Allah. So many Ulama admire him.
The Imam at ICC is Mufti Husain Kamani kamanionline.com. A very active, energetic English-speaking scholar. Has become very renowned for his energetic speeches which cover various topics. And also as important, he socializes very well with the public, Masha'Allah. Both scholars are English-speaking.

ShariahBoard ---> on Western ave near intersection of Devon ave
shariahboard.org Has tons of Ulama, of course Mufti Shah Nawal ar-Rahman (db) is the key person to meet. Others include Mufti Ghulam Samadani, Maulana Abdul Sattar, and others.

There are other places as well, and other scholars. At Jami'ah Masjid (Devon ave) you can meet Qari Abdul Mannan who runs 1 of the 2 largest Huffaaz-producing madrasahs. Maulana Ilyas is also in that area. Makki Masjid in the North side, the Imam there is also part of ShariahBoard. Masjid Nur (very close to Jami'ah Masjid) is the Markaz for Tableeghi Jamaa`ah.

All these places are in the Northside of Chicago.

Suburbia

IIE ---> Elgin, ~45-50 minutes west of the city.
iieonline.org Largest and most active Madrasah in possibly the entire U.S. It is run by Qari Maulana Abdullah Saleem (db). His father Shaykh al-Hadith Maulana Muhammad Na`eem founded the Madrasah. He was the Shaykh al-Hadith at Deoband-Waqf, but passed away in Elgin and is buried in the cemetery by the Madrasah. His four sons, all of whom are well-qualified Ulama Masha'Allah, are also there. They all speak English very well. Additionally, a gem of Chicago, Maulana Aziz Ahmad (db) teaches there. A very down-to-earth, sociable, funny, yet extremely knowledgeable and highly-qualified Aalim. A real gem, amazing Masha'Allah.

Darul Hikmah (darulhikmah.com)
The suburbs has many English-speaking young Ulama, alHamdulillah. Darul Hikmah is based in the suburbs. Their weekend Academy is in Westmont (southwest suburb). Shaykh Bilal Ali (runs ilmgate.org), Shaykh Abrar Mirza (answers many queries on askimam.org), Mufti Husain Kamani (ICC Imam), and Hafiz Amir Toft (translated Mufti Taqi's book on slaughtered animals, published by White Thread Press) all teach at the DH academy. You can go there on Saturday mornings, between 9AM and 1PM.

At MSI in Glendale Heights (Bloomingdale rd.) you can meet Mufti Ehzaz Ajmeri (answers many queries on askimam.org, and is also with ShariahBoard), and also possibly Mufti Azeemuddin Ahmad, who is another scholar well-known for his speaking engagements. He is currently undertaking the construction of a Masjid (darussalamfoundation.org) very near that area. MSI also has an active Tableeghi Jamaa`ah. Both are English-speaking scholars.

Darul Qasim ---> Glen Ellyn, 5-10 minutes from MSI.
darulqasim.org In the same area, just 5-10 minutes away, you can meet Shaykh Amin Kholwadia (db) of Darul Qasim. He primarily speaks in English. Is a very highly-qualified Aalim, up there with Mufti Nawal and Maulana Abdullah Saleem. He also sometimes gives Jumu`ah khutbahs at MSI since he lives in the area.

The senior Ulama of Chicago: Mufti Nawal ar-Rahman (db), Qari Maulana Abdullah Saleem (db), Maulana Aziz Ahmad (db), and Shaykh Amin Kholwadia (db).

For Tasawwuf, you would have to meet Hazrat Shaykh Husain Abdul Sattar (db). Mufti Nawal ar-Rahman (db) as well.

Hope this helps.
asSalaamu Alaikum.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:07 PM   #18
goctorsurger

I contacted the moderators but no reply as of yet. You have over 200 posts so you should be able to pm me yourself or at least see my profile to see my email address. But I will post it here... [clip]. I am booking my hotel now so its a must that we get some stuff arranged Insh'Allah. Please reply asap
I have your email will be emailing you shortly insha'Allah.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:40 PM   #19
kKFB1BxX

asSalaamu Alaikum,

Chicago is perfect if you wish to be around Ulama, Mashaayikh, Sulahaa, and an active Muslim community in various facets. BTW, just want to point out, there is not necessarily a notion of "Deobandi-Masjid" (although there are Masaajid which mostly host Ulama associated with Deoband). Most people don't even know about these various terms (which at times is a good thing). The Masaajid and community here are quite diverse, and alHamdulillah, at least for now, mix with each other to a decent amount.

Near the city:

ICC Chicago: ---> Intersection of Lincoln and Peterson
Hazrat Shaykh Dr. Husain Abdul Sattar db (sacredlearning.org), khalifah of Hazratji Shaykh Zulfiqar Ahmad (db). Very influential. Is a container of spirituality, sincerity, humility, and wisdom, Masha'Allah. So many Ulama admire him.
The Imam at ICC is Mufti Husain Kamani kamanionline.com. A very active, energetic English-speaking scholar. Has become very renowned for his energetic speeches which cover various topics. And also as important, he socializes very well with the public, Masha'Allah. Both scholars are English-speaking.

ShariahBoard ---> on Western ave near intersection of Devon ave
shariahboard.org Has tons of Ulama, of course Mufti Shah Nawal ar-Rahman (db) is the key person to meet. Others include Mufti Ghulam Samadani, Maulana Abdul Sattar, and others.

There are other places as well, and other scholars. At Jami'ah Masjid (Devon ave) you can meet Qari Abdul Mannan who runs 1 of the 2 largest Huffaaz-producing madrasahs. Maulana Ilyas is also in that area. Makki Masjid in the North side, the Imam there is also part of ShariahBoard. Masjid Nur (very close to Jami'ah Masjid) is the Markaz for Tableeghi Jamaa`ah.

All these places are in the Northside of Chicago.

Suburbia

IIE ---> Elgin, ~45-50 minutes west of the city.
iieonline.org Largest and most active Madrasah in possibly the entire U.S. It is run by Qari Maulana Abdullah Saleem (db). His father Shaykh al-Hadith Maulana Muhammad Na`eem founded the Madrasah. He was the Shaykh al-Hadith at Deoband-Waqf, but passed away in Elgin and is buried in the cemetery by the Madrasah. His four sons, all of whom are well-qualified Ulama Masha'Allah, are also there. They all speak English very well. Additionally, a gem of Chicago, Maulana Aziz Ahmad (db) teaches there. A very down-to-earth, sociable, funny, yet extremely knowledgeable and highly-qualified Aalim. A real gem, amazing Masha'Allah.

Darul Hikmah (darulhikmah.com)
The suburbs has many English-speaking young Ulama, alHamdulillah. Darul Hikmah is based in the suburbs. Their weekend Academy is in Westmont (southwest suburb). Shaykh Bilal Ali (runs ilmgate.org), Shaykh Abrar Mirza (answers many queries on askimam.org), Mufti Husain Kamani (ICC Imam), and Hafiz Amir Toft (translated Mufti Taqi's book on slaughtered animals, published by White Thread Press) all teach at the DH academy. You can go there on Saturday mornings, between 9AM and 1PM.

At MSI in Glendale Heights (Bloomingdale rd.) you can meet Mufti Ehzaz Ajmeri (answers many queries on askimam.org, and is also with ShariahBoard), and also possibly Mufti Azeemuddin Ahmad, who is another scholar well-known for his speaking engagements. He is currently undertaking the construction of a Masjid (darussalamfoundation.org) very near that area. MSI also has an active Tableeghi Jamaa`ah. Both are English-speaking scholars.

Darul Qasim ---> Glen Ellyn, 5-10 minutes from MSI.
darulqasim.org In the same area, just 5-10 minutes away, you can meet Shaykh Amin Kholwadia (db) of Darul Qasim. He primarily speaks in English. Is a very highly-qualified Aalim, up there with Mufti Nawal and Maulana Abdullah Saleem. He also sometimes gives Jumu`ah khutbahs at MSI since he lives in the area.

The senior Ulama of Chicago: Mufti Nawal ar-Rahman (db), Qari Maulana Abdullah Saleem (db), Maulana Aziz Ahmad (db), and Shaykh Amin Kholwadia (db).

For Tasawwuf, you would have to meet Hazrat Shaykh Husain Abdul Sattar (db). Mufti Nawal ar-Rahman (db) as well.

Hope this helps.
asSalaamu Alaikum.
Jazak'Allahu Khayr... This info is very helpful. I knew about Shaykh Hussain Abdul Sattar and I also want to meet Shaykh Kamaluddin Ahmed to whom you didnt mention. The reason for my wanting to be in a deobandi masjid is because I just came from being a salafi for over 2 1/2 years and its important to kind of be around others who have the same manhaj.

Old 11-04-2017, 02:09 AM   #20
20170721yuanyuan

canada goose outlet
canada goose outlet
fitflops sale
michael kors canada
coach outlet
moncler jackets
air jordans
supreme clothing
adidas shoes
cheap jordans