LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 10-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #1
topbonusescod

Default The Irony: Radio Islam

Radio Islam broadcasting from Lenasia South Africa (and seen as the official mouthpiece of the so-called Jami'at al-'Ulama of South Africa) conducted a program last night with host Mufti Yusuf Moosagie and guest Mawlana Sulayman al-Kindi concerning extravagance when it comes to building Masjids.

Focus was placed on Mawlana Kindi's article: What images do you see in your Masjid carpet?

Mufti Moosagie tweeted: An appeal is made to the Ummah to rectify their intention when building houses of Allah. Stop our needless extravagance and fancies.

Today, in attendance at the opening of the R200 million (more then US$ 23 000 000) Nizamiye Mosque complex is....wait for it...the Radio Islam team...

The opening which includes a ribbon cutting by the president of the country is being held as I type this with @radioislam tweeting on the scene...

The na-paak, non-Islamic ribbon cutting "ceremony" here.

Intermingling of genders inside the "Masjid" here. Is this the "Islam" being promoted by the Turks and their lackeys in attendance at the "ceremonial party"?

Ya Allah guide us and keep us firmly on the haqq and the path of haqq and the path of the guided.

It asotnishes me that we have Muslims even justifying that obnoxious caricature of a Musjid. The 'Islam' that is promoted and expounded by the organisers can be clearly seen with the maloon ribbon cutting ceremony. has this Ummah's firaasat degenerated to such a level of stupidity.

The following ahaadith may be salubrious:

“One of the signs of the Day of Judgment is when the masajid are embellished." (Al Mu'jam Al Kabir 10/229)

"When you embellish your masajid and adorn your masaahif (Quran), then destruction is upon you." (Nawadir ul Usool fi Ahadith Rasool 3/256.

From the above statements it becomes clear that architecture is in no means an indication of the piety of a Muslim nation. With regards to the numbers in the congregation that you have alluded this also is no indication. Rasulullah states,

“The masaajid before the Day of Judgment will be populated but empty of any guidance." (Shu'ab ul Iman 3/211, All Sunan Warida fil Fitan 3/544).

May Allah guide me and the Ummah and bring us back upon the practice of Rasulullah . Ameen.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:45 PM   #2
gernica

Focus was placed on Mawlana Kindi's article: What images do you see in your Masjid carpet?
Assalamu Alaikum

There is a beautiful big Masjid in the middle of Sheffield where there their are hung descorative patterns that look just like sheeps face too me. Although I'm sure that they are not intended the fact that I can see them puts me off praying there.

That said the human brain is designed to recognize patterns, especially faces and we are sometimes good at seeing things where they are not intended, but if we see faces in a carpet to us does it not equate to praying with an image there?

Maybe we should avoid taking this too extremes that cause hardship though?

Old 10-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #3
yurawerj

Well, at least the project probably led to the creation of jobs for people who might otherwise be unemployed.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #4
topbonusescod

Well, at least the project probably led to the creation of jobs for people who might otherwise be unemployed.
Or the money spent could have been spilt into 10 - 20 (if not more parts) to construct (and hence create jobs) masajids in poor and impoverished areas or improve existing masajids which are old and dilapidated, or spend the wealth on paying the imams and mu'addins of masajid a basic liveable wage.

And all of this would open the doors of hidayah for many thousands in 10 - 20 areas.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #5
yurawerj

Or the money spent could have been spilt into 10 - 20 (if not more parts) to construct (and hence create jobs) masajids in poor and impoverished areas or improve existing masajids which are old and dilapidated, or spend the wealth on paying the imams and mu'addins of masajid a basic liveable wage.

And all of this would open the doors of hidayah for many thousands in 10 - 20 areas.
That would be another way to go about it, but it doesn't de-legitimize this masjid. The guy funded the project with his own money entirely, so it's his prerogative. Apparently, the place also has a clinic, school and shopping center- which means jobs that will continue beyond the completion of the construction. $23 mil doesn't sound like an awful lot to me for a project that size. In the US, a mid-sized masjid with no frills can cost around 3-4 million. Who's to say he doesn't also donate to other small, local masajid?

Old 10-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #6
topbonusescod

That would be another way to go about it, but it doesn't de-legitimize this masjid. The guy funded the project with his own money entirely, so it's his prerogative. Apparently, the place also has a clinic, school and shopping center- which means jobs that will continue beyond the completion of the construction. $23 mil doesn't sound like an awful lot to me for a project that size. In the US, a mid-sized masjid with no frills can cost around 3-4 million. Who's to say he doesn't also donate to other small, local masajid?
This is South Africa. Not the US. With R210 million of our local currency you could easily build 100 Mosques.

Anyway.

Intermingling in the Masjid is allowed as per "Turkish Islam"?

http://www.news24.com/Multimedia/Sou...phere-20121004

And the 'ulama present there kept quiet, probably.

By the way - why do we need a ribbon cutting ceremony?

Did Masjid Nabawi or Masjid Quba have these?

Old 10-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #7
TeLMgNva

It asotnishes me that we have Muslims even justifying that obnoxious caricature of a Musjid. The 'Islam' that is promoted and expounded by the organisers can be clearly seen with the maloon ribbon cutting ceremony. has this Ummah's firaasat degenerated to such a level of stupidity.

The following ahaadith may be salubrious:

“One of the signs of the Day of Judgment is when the masajid are embellished." (Al Mu'jam Al Kabir 10/229)

"When you embellish your masajid and adorn your masaahif (Quran), then destruction is upon you." (Nawadir ul Usool fi Ahadith Rasool 3/256.

“The masaajid before the Day of Judgment will be populated but empty of any guidance." (Shu'ab ul Iman 3/211, All Sunan Warida fil Fitan 3/544).

May Allah guide me and the Ummah and bring us back upon the practice of Rasulullah . Ameen.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:33 PM   #8
topbonusescod

A few years from now a Ka'bah cleaning ceremony with the President of the USA and his wife will raise no eyebrows.

That is how low - low -low - we as an Ummah have stooped. To invite and call the kafir president of the country and his wife inside the Masjid - the House of Allah - to OPEN it. Why do we need a kafir to open a Masjid?

Old 10-04-2012, 08:38 PM   #9
maxfreemann

>south africa
>being good muslims

Pick one. I've been to saouth africe. I've seen sufi masjids. They sing for the prophet. They never go to hajj unless they go to graves to get "blessing from the dead". They get this thing where they put a sword through someone's chest, and then the guy reads something and there's no blood.

>south africa
>being good muslims

Old 10-04-2012, 09:14 PM   #10
realfan87

As I speak believe it or not there are about 48 people who are reading this particular thread! I have nevere seen so many numbers reading one thread ever on sf...
!!

Old 10-04-2012, 09:21 PM   #11
ForumMasta

for the carpet article. I thought it was just me. When i was growing up i used see faces in some lantern-shape on the carpet.
Evidently something needs to be done. it is very difficult however not to create un-intentional images when trying to design a beautiful carpet.. maybe the solution really is just a simple nice carpet with straight lines for prayer (that is done at Aberdeen masjid) for example.
Historically what have the prayer surfaces of Masajid been? Anyone know?

Old 10-04-2012, 09:21 PM   #12
ppaelkos

>south africa
>being good muslims

Pick one. I've been to saouth africe. I've seen sufi masjids. They sing for the prophet. They never go to hajj unless they go to graves to get "blessing from the dead". They get this thing where they put a sword through someone's chest, and then the guy reads something and there's no blood.

>south africa
>being good muslims
you dont know south africa, so rather be silent. i wouldnt say 100 masajid, maybe 50-80 because it cost that much just to build but you would need to first buy the land. but we can think of hundreds of comunities that need masjids. & i dont see the sense in building a masjid of that size in a place where there are no numbers. the masjid is build in a kaafir section of johannesburg & it only gets partialy full for jumua because of the people working in the area. I was told that they moved the grave of the last ottoman consulate to south africa's grave to the masjid. he was buried over 100 years ago in a small blessed cemetry & they moved him out into the new masjid.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:26 AM   #13
suingincentix

A few years from now a Ka'bah cleaning ceremony with the President of the USA and his wife will raise no eyebrows.

That is how low - low -low - we as an Ummah have stooped. To invite and call the kafir president of the country and his wife inside the Masjid - the House of Allah - to OPEN it. Why do we need a kafir to open a Masjid?
This was actually considered? So no one can step foot inside Mak'kah unless your a Moslem or the kafir president of the USA? This is astonishing I must say, I am utterly flabbergasted someone considered having this happen

Old 10-05-2012, 02:54 AM   #14
mymnarorump

This was actually considered? So no one can step foot inside Mak'kah unless your a Moslem or the kafir president of the USA? This is astonishing I must say, I am utterly flabbergasted someone considered having this happen

No, such a thing has not been considered. The brother is simply predicting that based on current trends.

But non-Muslim Chinese workers have already been granted entry to Makkah for construction and many expats enter into Makkah and Madinah at the invitation of Saudis.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #15
topbonusescod

Can anyone else see the non-Islamism in this pic?

http://www.thenewage.co.za/64656-100...lex_in_Midrand

Old 10-05-2012, 03:27 PM   #16
ppaelkos

shows what idots we are in SA.

40 miners killed, president doesnt show up until he has to. doesnt even make a statement for weeks
8 south africans killed in Afghanistan by a suicide bomber. president send a spokesmen to speak on the news
truck drivers gone on strike, feul, cash & food shortage president still didnt make a statement for 2 weeks now
working truck drivers killed & properties damaged, still nothing from him just his spokesmen
no books in schools & the year is nearly over. nobody was fired & president is too busy to make a statement.
hospitals have no beds, you have to sleep on the floor under the bed hoping the guy above dies so you can get his place.

ribbon needs to be cut & he is there in person.
oh & then he plans to build a house that will cost the country more than this masjid. this is the new south africa.

Old 10-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #17
topbonusescod

shows what idots we are in SA.

40 miners killed, president doesnt show up until he has to. doesnt even make a statement for weeks
8 south africans killed in Afghanistan by a suicide bomber. president send a spokesmen to speak on the news
truck drivers gone on strike, feul, cash & food shortage president still didnt make a statement for 2 weeks now
working truck drivers killed & properties damaged, still nothing from him just his spokesmen
no books in schools & the year is nearly over. nobody was fired & president is too busy to make a statement.
hospitals have no beds, you have to sleep on the floor under the bed hoping the guy above dies so you can get his place.

ribbon needs to be cut & he is there in person.
oh & then he plans to build a house that will cost the country more than this masjid. this is the new south africa.
Beside all of the above which is 100% true and shows the idiocy of the "ceremony".

Let us look at the idiocy of the Muslims in general:

At our Nikahs, opening ceremonies, functions, etc more preference is giving to the kuffar compared to Muslims.

We need the kuffar to give us the "green light" for our projects or institutes or even marriages to be successful!

This clearly shows that we - Muslims - suffer from an inferiority complex.

Instead of using the mimbars and the positions to air their voice and speak the haqq the 'ulama have resorted to licking boots from the Turkish secularist to those sitting in the USA Consulate.

Old 10-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #18
Njxatsbf

Beside all of the above which is 100% true and shows the idiocy of the "ceremony".

At our Nikahs, opening ceremonies, functions, etc more preference is giving to the kuffar compared to Muslims.

We need the kuffar to give us the "green light" for our projects or institutes or even marriages to be successful!

Instead of using the mimbars and the positions to air their voice and speak the haqq the 'ulama have resorted to licking boots from the Turkish secularist to those sitting in the USA Consulate.
Yeah the muslims are becoming the biggest, stupidest idiots. And the moulana's who organise all this baseless ceremonies etc. are the main ones to be blamed.

Old 10-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #19
ppaelkos

unfortunately we do need the green light from the kufar since we in a kaafir state. so when we build masjids & institutes we need their go ahead. as far as nikaah goes. are you talking about the MMB. well it comes as a result of poor taqwa not the ulama but the people. with this bill the law of Allah would be enforced in a judicial system. it comes as a result of muslims not following the laws laid down by Allah & as a result others are affected & they hide behind freedom of religion.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:25 PM   #20
Njxatsbf

unfortunately we do need the green light from the kufar since we in a kaafir state. so when we build masjids & institutes we need their go ahead. as far as nikaah goes. are you talking about the MMB. well it comes as a result of poor taqwa not the ulama but the people. with this bill the law of Allah would be enforced in a judicial system. it comes as a result of muslims not following the laws laid down by Allah & as a result others are affected & they hide behind freedom of religion.
I think you want to re-study the mmb bill.
Don't fall for everything you hear from the ulama behind it. Rather study it yourself....

Reply to Thread New Thread