LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 08-04-2008, 04:21 PM   #1
Searmoreibe

Default Hadith Query
Respected Brothers,

ASWK

The only purpose of writing this letter is to have Islah. I am not an Islamic scholar; I just want to be direct so please excuse me for my boldness in addressing the issues. I understand how tedious it is to go through lengthy mails on the net but this issue is so very important to me that I'd beg you to bear with it.

I am a sunni Muslim. I had a religious upbringing, during my college days after learning about religions & different sects & ideologies; I out grew my inclination towards Tablighi Jamat & tried to maintain a broader perspective of Islam accommodating views of several disciplines. (Pl don't read ghair muqallid here)

In the pursuit to learn more I came across hadith literature wherein I found a lot many hadith, which were not in accordance with Quran & common sense. In the most authentic books of hadith I found many unscientific, awkward, irrelevant, complex & misguiding hadith. The most troubling for me were about fate & destiny (Qadr), which says things as if we don’t have a free will at all.

Unfortunately I lost faith in hadith & subsequently it shook the foundations of my Iman as well and led me to stages of atheism but after reading people like Harun Yahya, Allama Iqbal, Stephan Hawking etc I managed to realize the existence of Allah (whatever Iman I am left with is due to reading their articles). The problem starts after this, what to follow next? There is a serious dilemma, now I suffer from major confusion & distress. It has affected my personal life & work in a very bad manner.

We often come across the claim that Quran is dependent on Hadith & not vice versa. Allah commands us to follow Deen but for that you have to go to hadith despite the fact that Quran says we have completed your deen, Quran seems to be insufficient without ‘Sahih Sitta’. The study of hadith has complex, contradicting parameters even the experts of hadith differ themselves in selection criteria. (How can I put my Iman on the basis of something that is disputed?) A deep study of hadith will expose how a particular sect/individual will bring related hadith to prove their point of view or argument, most of the inter Islam differences arises due to hadith. Ultimately I have lost Iman (faith) on hadith although those hadith that are in line with spirit of Quran can be taken into consideration as a rule but again it is easy to say than to implement because ironically every group tries to exploit this principle/rule & accommodate hadith accordingly.

Please note that I believe in accepting & admitting the truth no matter how bitter it is. (I am not talking about opinions here I am focusing on facts provided by others, you can’t ignore the facts even if they are put forward by your enemies). Instead of being apologetic why can’t we admit things like Mr. Abdur Raheem Green, who says that slavery is not abolished in Quran but it is not encouraged & that just & fair treatment is required for slaves. That’s an honest admission & approach.

I have read material on the indispensability of hadith but most of it is not convincing & often counter questioning i.e. how will we offer prayers? Do this & or that? I say if we don’t have authentic help does it mean that we accept whatever is available without checking or questioning it? Please see a poorly defended hadith regarding ‘rising of sun’ at http://www.albalagh.net/prophethood/...ice%20Bucaille. I am not impressed with this either http://www.answering-christianity.co...et_hadiths.htm.

I cannot accommodate all my queries/objections by writing/coping them here so I am giving many random references, facts & data provided by different people (Muqallids, Ahle hadith, Ahle Quran etc) some groups (anti Muslims, atheists etc) are off course against Islam too. My focus is on the content not the context. Please correct me if I have got the content wrong. I expect that you people are well aware of these sites on the net. Here I am giving reference of such resources as part of my query: -

A. Hadith for explanation of Quran: -

The basic argument for hadith is to understand Quran. It is said that we need hadith to explain Quran but all collection of hadith available is not sufficient enough to explain all of Quran. If hadith is required for this than it should ONLY be addressing Quran.

Please refer to these sites:
http://***************/hadith/bhadith.html
http://www.abc.se/~m9783/fiqhi/fiqha_e54.html
http://www.mostmerciful.com/abu-hurayrah.htm
http://www.quran.org/library/articles/hconspiracy.htm

B. Hadith to learn from/about Rasuallah (S) & Sahaba: -

I am aware Allah has commanded us to follow RasulAllah (S) at several places in Quran, I am not at all ignoring this fact. First of all if we take hadith literally & verbatim than many hadith will complicate the matter. The source to simplify things will itself makes it obscure. If the second purpose of hadith compilation is to learn/know about Rasulallah (S) than the compilers should have been more elaborate, comprehensive & focused.

If the ‘hadith of suckling an adult’ wasn’t there we didn’t have to defend it like this http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...=4806&CATE=120, even this explanation give rise to a lot of question. This hadith is not solving any problem, nor explaining Quran. Why at all hadith like these are there? Why didn’t Imam Muslim think of these issues, was he not far sighted?

Just an example of what hadith tell us: -In the famous book "Taa'oueel Mukhtalaf Alhadith " by Ibn Qutaiba Al-Dinory the story of Aisha (the Prophet's wife) telling Abu Hurayra; " You tell ahadiths about the prophet Muhammed that we never heard them from him" He answered (as Bukhary reported); "You (Aisha) were busy with your mirror and make up" She (Aisha) answered him; "It is you who were busy with your stomach and hunger. Your hunger kept you busy, you were running after the people in the allies, begging them for food, and they used to avoid you and get away from your way, and finally you would come back and pass out in front of my room and the people think you were crazy and step all over you." http://***************/abu-Hurayra.htm

Please check the hadith mentioned here
http://www.quran.org/library/articles/hadithmaa.htm
http://www.mostmerciful.com/comparin...d-hadeeths.htm

Than articles like these
http://www.*****************/ahaadee..._ahaadeeth.htm, which some school of thought like Tariqat followers reject.

I am not Ahle Quran, I am not against hadith, & I don’t have any prejudice either. I know that most of the above sites are from people who don’t want to believe in hadith; I can very well curtail their opinions or arguments but what about the FACTS they have provided?

My Questions: -

1. I believe that if you are convinced that the prophet himself has said some thing & still you don’t follow it or accept it than you are liable of denial. How can I be a ‘Munkar e hadith’ when I have serious doubts that the given Hadith are the exact words of the prophet? What is my position in ‘Shariat’ in this context?
2. There are various incidents in history & hadith that show that even Sahabis/Salaf/Imams/Ulemas did differ in their decisions/actions & sometimes they contradicted/confronted with each other from minor to major levels. Difference of opinion is ok but difference of principal in religion is not. Why can’t we analyze critically the actions/statements/decisions of the Sahabis/Salaf/Imams/Ulemas etc?
3. Why do we fix certain ‘terms’ as Rasiallahhuanuma r.a., Rehmatullah allai r.a. etc, after the names Sahaba, Imaams & Ulemas. What does Shariat say about it?
4. Why can’t we do away/discard/reject all those hadith that are not ‘Sahih’ (after correcting the Sahih off course), not relevant for fiqh & not appeals to common sense? After all it is not Quran, how can we given equal importance to anything besides Quran? In this context is the freedom of questioning is not allowed in Islam?
5. Sahih Muslim from Book 33, Number 6390 to Number 6408 at http://www.iiu.edu.my/deed/hadith/muslim/033_smt.html (Imp Book 8 Number 3371 & Book 8 Number 3373)

Sahih Bukhari Volume 8, Book 77, Number 593 to Number 600 at http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamen...i/077.sbt.html (Imp Volume 8, Book 77, Number 609)

& http://muttaqun.com/qadar.html

Please verify that the above hadith are ‘Sahih’, authentic & exact words of Rasulallah (S) or not? If they are not why they are in Sahih collection & if they are sahih how do they explain the concept of Qadr & Free will?

Appeal: -

I very humbly appeal to you in the name of Allah that please help me by answering all my queries as per my letter & if it is not possible for you than kindly at least answer my two questions (No. 1 & 5) on Hadith & Qadr. Please ask me for any clarification on my queries.

It’s my earnest wish that I get all my answers preferably only from Quran however you may refer ‘sahih hadith’ as a secondary source.

Please note that I understand you must be very busy in important works but kindly think about the condition of my Iman, AS THIS IS MY LAST RESORT & CHANCE TO SAVE MY FAITH. I sincerely hope that you will take it seriously. I pray may Allah reward you for the same.

Jazakallah

Yours Sincerely,

Tauhid Alam

Old 08-04-2008, 04:28 PM   #2
serius_06

Asslamo Allaikum,

If your condition is indeed severe & you are concerned then have you gone and spoken to Scholars in India (Delhi etc.) and put your queries to them?

Which book of Stephen Hawkins convinced you of God?

Old 08-04-2008, 04:55 PM   #3
Singukil

Wassalaam

Let me tell you I belong to Saharanpur, U.P., it’s a very orthodox place & people too are same, I tried to discuss it with many people including Tabligh Jamat & Madarsa Mazahir Uloom Hadith faculty years back but I was labeled as Munkar e Hadith, Ahle Quran etc. Ironically you can’t have a free & honest discussion on such sensitive matters with most of people.

I am into service & time is a constraint so I have not been able to discuss it in details with any renowned scholar moreover it’s such a topic that the dialogue turns into an argument & I can’t do that with an Ulema.

I have written same letter recently to at least 30 people ranging from Deoband, Nadva to people like Harun Yahya & Zakir Naik, let’s see what these people have to say about it so far I only heard from Mr. Suheil Laher.

The book by Hawkins is ‘Brief history of time’ & other such articles.

NOTE:- I'd prefer not to be understood than being misunderstood so please ask for clarification on my query.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:09 PM   #4
nebrarlepleme

Wassalaam

Let me tell you I belong to Saharanpur, U.P., it’s a very orthodox place & people too are same, I tried to discuss it with many people including Tabligh Jamat & Madarsa Mazahir Uloom Hadith faculty years back but I was labeled as Munkar e Hadith, Ahle Quran etc. Ironically you can’t have a free & honest discussion on such sensitive matters with most of people.

I am into service & time is a constraint so I have not been able to discuss it in details with any renowned scholar moreover it’s such a topic that the dialogue turns into an argument & I can’t do that with an Ulema.

I have written same letter recently to at least 30 people ranging from Deoband, Nadva to people like Harun Yahya & Zakir Naik, let’s see what these people have to say about it so far I only heard from Mr. Suheil Laher.

The book by Hawkins is ‘Brief history of time’ & other such articles.

NOTE:- I'd prefer not to be understood than being misunderstood so please ask for clarification on my query.
W-Salam,

Hawkins never makes a claim to a Creator as a matter of fact he dismisses such claims in his books so I am surprised that you have drawn such conclusions by his reading his books; besides 'Brief history of time’ is an old book and many things such as the Strings Theory etc. have been debated since then quoted in newer works like "http://www.amazon.co.uk/Universe-Nutshell-Stephen-William-Hawking/dp/0593048156/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1207649262&sr=8-4" etc.

So you need to Catch up bro...

Scholars of Hadeeth are the experts in their field and if they are unable to satisfy your curiosity then who knows who can help.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:55 PM   #5
AgowlSown

I wouldn't know any of the answers but I would suggest that you widen your circle. what I mean by that is that the questions u have asked are very detailed and an average Muslim wouldn't have the answers to that. And none of us at this forum (to my knowledge) is a scholar with so much knowledge.

I just remembered an important incident that I think needs mentioning here. There was a theif who came to Abu Bakr RA and he told Abu Bakr RA to give him good advice because he RA looks very knowledgable. This theif was illeterate and wanted simple advice. Hazrat Abu Bakr RA told him there are only five things you need to remember and u can count them on your finger. First shahada, second salah and so on til he mentioned the five pillars of Islam. Abu Bakr RA also told the man never to assume a position of leadership. He RA did not go into a lot of detail and the lesson we learn from this is that everyone has a capacity to learn things. You should not speed things up or go outside of your league. I am not judging you but generally saying that it may be that you have went into too much detail without working on the basics first. Allahu alim.

Even the scholars have forbidden some topics such as destiny because they are complicated and may weaken your iman. I am sure there are answers to your questions but maybe you need to go to more scholars. Allahu alim what type of scholars you have been to but there r 3 types of scholars. One who has knowledge and wisdom, one who has knowledge but no wisdom and one who has no knowledge and no wisdom. You need a scholar with knowledge and wisdom. So I would suggest that you keep on going to different scholars and don't be dishearted at what they say. If a scholar doesn't know the answer to a question then they should admit it.
I can refer you to some scholars that I have heard of. One of them is Mohammad Alshareef and mashallah he has guided a lot of people. He often gets to the bottom of things and inshallah he will be able to guide you. But coming to forums like this may actually worsen things because although these forums are quite good, one of the disadvantages is that anyone can write anything and they may not even have any knowledge or any wisdom (generally speaking people so don't misunderstand me)

If you want to get in touch with Mohammad alshareef he runs his own forum that he supervises and he advises people on the forum as well. http://forums.almaghrib.org/ (it seems to be down right now, inshallah it'll be back up soon)
Alternatively there are several websites where you can ask scholars for help. I am sure ppl here can suggest a lot more than me, but a few of them are

http://www.askimam.org/
http://www.daruliftaa.com/
http://islam.tc/ask-imam/index.php

Inshallah you will find your answers and your iman will be strengthened, if you are looking for the truth inshallah taala Allah SWT will guide you. Ameen

Old 08-04-2008, 05:59 PM   #6
loyalgagora

For Muadh Khan

I thought you were serious & concerned that's why I responded. Please don’t make it sound like a casual chat at sites like Orkut. I came to your forum with a lot of hope & expectation.

I never claimed that Hawkins proved God, what I meant to say is that by reading these kind of articles I realized that the work of some scientists about existence of God is fitting into the explanation of universe which Quran provides us. Do you want me to give you links to several such articles?

P.S.: If you cannot be of any help it OK but don’t just spoil the dialogue.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:06 PM   #7
replicajoy

I thought you were serious & concerned that's why I responded. Please don’t make it sound like a casual chat at sites like Orkut. I came to your forum with a lot of hope & expectation.

I never claimed that Hawkins proved God, what I meant to say is that by reading these kind of articles I realized that the work of some scientists about existence of God is fitting into the explanation of universe which Quran provides us. Do you want me to give you links to several such articles?

P.S.: If you cannot be of any help it OK but don’t just spoil the dialogue.
Asslamo Allaikum,

May Allah (SWT) Assist you in your quest (Ameen).

Old 08-04-2008, 06:09 PM   #8
Vjwkvkoy

Dear Irfa,

ASWK

Thank you. That's the approach I was looking for. I’ll definitely get in touch with Mr. AlShareef. I have already written to other sources.

Thanks for your time & effort.

Jazakallah

Tauhid

Old 08-04-2008, 07:16 PM   #9
Smalmslobby

Welcome to the forum brother Tauhid. May all your queries are clarified with Allaah's help, ameen.

I would look forward to Mufti Soofi Saheb's input in this thread. If someone could get his attention to this thread, that would be highly beneficial, inshaAllah.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:04 PM   #10
DrunkMans

Dear Brothers,

ASWK

Pls ask somebody you know who can help me with this. I don't want this letter to be 'posted' in an open forum for long. I really don't want somebody to get misled by reading it. I had to come here because I have already written to many people & got just a few replies.

If somebody feels that it should be taken off, pls tell me or the moderator to delete it.

Wassalaam

Tauhid

Old 09-04-2008, 08:01 PM   #11
estheticianI

If you're able to read Urdu then check the following three books:
http://www.e-iqra.com/v2/pages/booksCat.php?id=38

Especially the one by Mufti Rafi' Usmani is great.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:26 AM   #12
chadnezzrr

Assalam Alaikum wa rahmat Allah

Dear brother tawhid, looks like the mind has short comming to approach Allah and his religion; at the dark of night go to your knees and cry your heart to Allah. May Allah SWT bless you (and me too) with his light and hidayah. Sheikh Sattar's (sacred knowledge web site) will be very helpfull too. Wassalam

Old 09-04-2012, 02:57 AM   #13
lopushok

Assalaam'aaleykum!

It amazes me to see this thread ending at just 2 pages. It simply shows how insignificant we consider our Brother's Iman that we would let him become Murtad and not worry about it.

Irony is that you bring a TJ, Barelwi or Salafi related thread on the borad and it would demand to be locked in by moderator after it reaches innumerable number of useless posts, but nobody would bother asking this brother if he has got his doubts cleared or need any assistance, let alone answering the brother's queries directly.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:57 AM   #14
onlineslotetes

Assalaam'aaleykum, br. At Tayyib,

I know I am late in posting this but this the reply I was talking about.

Assalamu alaykum.

I apologise for the belated response. We had our annual Ijtima here in **** and hence I could not respond earlier.

Please find hereunder the responses to the brothers queries. From the manner in which he wrote, I decided to take a more harsh and stern approach. This is in conformity with the principles of Itaa. Thus, I suggest that you give his the article as I wrote it. Yes, you can correct grammatical or spelling errors if any (since I wrote in haste and did not re-read) but please leave the style as it is intended in that way.

Jazakallahu khairan

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________

You have raised some pertinent points before your queries which undoubtedly require detailed responses. Due to time constraints, I will only suffice in responding to your direct queries. However, from what I gather, it is obvious that you do not have much knowledge in the field of Ḥadīth (history, development, principles etc). Did you know there are 73 branches in the field of Ḥadīth? Without having even brief knowledge in these sciences, it will be rather frivolous to debate with you.

Don’t you think you have done great injustice by becoming a self-taught ‘scholar’ without even referring to Arabic sources? How could you draw conclusions by merely sufficing on material from the internet, most of which are not even written by scholars competent in Ḥadīth? Why don’t you first learn Arabic, study the history of Hadith, learn the principles, resort to commentaries written by experts in the field, and then draw a conclusion? Did you know that many scholars (Shāh Waliullah etc) openly said that we cannot find any contradiction in the Ahādīth?

Nevertheless, hereunder follows brief responses to your queries:

1) By disbelieving in Ḥadīth, you have left the fold of Islām. There are numerous verses of the Qurān which has to be denied before one can refute the noble Aḥādīth of Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم. Consider the following:

{ لَقَدْ مَنَّ اللَّهُ عَلَى الْمُؤْمِنِينَ إِذْ بَعَثَ فِيهِمْ رَسُولا مِنْ أَنْفُسِهِمْ يَتْلُو عَلَيْهِمْ آيَاتِهِ وَيُزَكِّيهِمْ وَيُعَلِّمُهُمُ الْكِتَابَ وَالْحِكْمَةَ وَإِنْ كَانُوا مِنْ قَبْلُ لَفِي ضَلالٍ مُبِينٍ (164) }

وَأَنزلْنَا إِلَيْكَ الذِّكْرَ لِتُبَيِّنَ لِلنَّاسِ مَا نزلَ إِلَيْهِمْ وَلَعَلَّهُمْ يَتَفَكَّرُونَ } [سورة النحل: 44]

{ وَمَا أَنزلْنَا عَلَيْكَ الْكِتَابَ إِلا لِتُبَيِّنَ لَهُمُ الَّذِي اخْتَلَفُوا فِيهِ وَهُدًى وَرَحْمَةً لِقَوْمٍ يُؤْمِنُونَ } [سورة النحل: 64]

{ هُوَ الَّذِي أَنزلَ عَلَيْكَ الْكِتَابَ مِنْهُ آيَاتٌ مُحْكَمَاتٌ هُنَّ أُمُّ الْكِتَابِ وَأُخَرُ مُتَشَابِهَاتٌ فَأَمَّا الَّذِينَ فِي قُلُوبِهِمْ زَيْغٌ فَيَتَّبِعُونَ مَا تَشَابَهَ مِنْهُ ابْتِغَاءَ الْفِتْنَةِ وَابْتِغَاءَ تَأْوِيلِهِ وَمَا يَعْلَمُ تَأْوِيلَهُ إِلا اللَّهُ وَالرَّاسِخُونَ فِي الْعِلْمِ يَقُولُونَ آمَنَّا بِهِ كُلٌّ مِنْ عِنْدِ رَبِّنَا وَمَا يَذَّكَّرُ إِلا أُولُو الألْبَابِ } [سورة آل عمران: 7].

All these verses exemplify that the primary object of Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم was to expound on the Qurān. Hence, we find that many actions which have been mentioned vaguely in the Qurān have been elucidated in the noble Aḥādīth. Amongst other actions is the method of ṣalāh, the niṣāb of zakāh, the procedure of Ḥaj, the amount of jizyah and many other actions which are all explicated in the Sunnah. An incident is narrated in Sunan al-Bayhaqi where the great Sahābi, ‘Imrān bin Ḥuṣain (May Allah Ta'ala be pleased with him) became enraged on the person who demanded an explicit verse of the Qurān after the former cited a Ḥadīth. (Note: Islām is complete with Qurān and Ḥadīth, not only with Qurān as you have incorrectly stated!)

Likewise, there are numerous verses in the Qurān which exhorts us to obey Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم. For example:

يا أيها الذين آمنوا أطيعوا الله وأطيعوا الرسول

وأطيعوا الله وأطيعوا الرسول واحذروا

قل أطيعوا الله وأطيعوا الرسول فإن تولوا فإنما عليه ما حمل وعليكم ما حملتم

وأطيعوا الرسول لعلكم ترحمون

يا أيها الذين آمنوا أطيعوا الله وأطيعوا الرسول ولا تبطلوا أعمالكم

وأطيعوا الله وأطيعوا الرسول فإن توليتم فإنما على رسولنا البلاغ المبين

These verses exemplify the compulsion of following Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم. Of course, this can only be done by following the Sunnah.

When one reads the above verses he is surprised to see people still rejecting the noble Aḥādīth. However, this proves yet another prophecy of Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم.
In an authentic narration of Sunan at-Tirmidhi, Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم expressed remorse on a time to come by saying,

عن المقدام بن معد يكرب قال : قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم ألا هل عسى رجل يبلغه الحديث عني وهو متكئ على أريكته فيقول بيننا وبينكم كتاب الله فما وجدنا فيه حلالا استحللناه وما وجدنا فيه حراما حرمناه وإن ماحرم رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم كما حرم الله أخرجه التردذي وقال هذا حديث حسن غريب من هذا الوجه

“Oh, soon a time will come when a narration of mines will reach a person while he is relaxing on his couch. He will say, ‘We have the word of Allah (Qurān) to judge between us; what we find as permissible in there, we will regard that as permissible and we would regard as impermissible what we find prohibited in the Qurān.’ (Then Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم said), ‘Verily the prohibition of the messenger صلي الله عليه وسلم is same like the prohibition of Allah.” (Sunan at-Tirmidhi 5/38)

In another narration of Sahīh al-Bukhāri and Sahīh Muslim Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم said,

إذا نهيتكم عن شيء فاجتنبوه وإذا أمرتكم بأمر فأتوا منه ما استطعتم

"When I prohibit you from an action then avoid it, and when I order you (to do something), do as much of it as you can.” (Sahīh al-Bukhāri 6/2658 and Muslim 4/102)

Allah Ta’āla has also given great warning on the one who disobeys His messenger صلي الله عليه وسلم by saying,

فليحذر الذين يخالفون عن أمره أن تصيبهم فتنة أو يصيبهم عذاب أليم

“Those who disobey his command should fear turmoil afflicting them or an excruciating punishment.”

In light of all the above our illustrious scholars have ruled that one who does not belief in the noble Hadith and merely relies on the Qurān would be out of the fold of Islām. Allāmah as-Suyuti (May Allah Ta'ala have mercy on him) said,

اعلموا رحمكم الله أن من أنكر أن كون حديث النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم قولا كان أو فعلا بشرطه المعروف في الأصول حجة كفر وخرج عن دائرة الإسلام وحشر مع اليهود والنصارى ، أو مع من شاء الله من فرق الكفرة

“Know -may Allah bless you- whoever denies the narrations of the Prophet صلي الله عليه وسلم either in word or deed (with the conditions that they are known) as a hujjah (proof), then he is an infidel, out of the Islamic faith and will be raised with Jews and Christians or people who Allah wants from the infidels.”(Miftāh al-Jannah, 8)

Furthermore, Allāh Ta’ālā sent Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم for the guidance of humanity in its entirety. How can anyone limit the prophethood to 23 years yet profess belief in Qur'an, while the Qurān itself says:

وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَاكَ إِلَّا رَحْمَةً لِلْعَالَمِينَ (107)

"We did not send you except as Mercy for all creatures." [Al-Ambiā, 21:107]

And,

وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَاكَ إِلَّا كَافَّةً لِلنَّاسِ بَشِيرًا وَنَذِيرًا وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ (28)

"We have not sent you except as a Messenger to all mankind, giving them glad tidings and warning them against sin." [Sabā, 34:28]

I highly recommend that with learning Arabic and going through the appropriate commentaries, you also read the following:

http://www.teachislam.com/dmdocument...f%20Sunnah.pdf

2) If you think that Ḥadīth is not a foundation and principle in religion, then I guess you have absolutely no knowledge in Islām. I challenge you to show me even one of the ‘Sahabis/Salaf/Imams/Ulemas’ who rejected Ḥadīth in the manner you are advocating! Differences are prevalent in the branches and not in the four foundations. A brief study of a book on the principles of Fiqh will exemplify how absurd your remarks are.

3) These are duās which we attach after the name of such scholars who spent their lives in the service of Ḥadīth. Just as you don’t mind professors and doctors writing their degrees after their names, so too, we prefer to pray for our pious predecessors for all the work they have done for us. Although these are not compulsory, they are highly recommended.

Btw, if you have cancer why are you bothered about a cough?

4) Again this proves your ignorance in the principles of Ḥadith. What is your opinion of a Ḥasan Ḥadith? Do you know that scholars always prefer Ṣaḥiḥ and Ḥasan Aḥādīth and only resort to weak Aḥādīth on selected issues at certain times? Do you know when do scholars resort to weak Aḥādīth? Did you know that if there is contradiction, one of the two Aḥādīth will appear to be Shādh or Munkar, and hence rejected? Do you know a khab wāḥid cannot make ziyadati on Qurān? Had you studies a little principles of Ḥadīth and Fiqh, you would know the answers to these queries and you would see how foolish your questions are? There are stages in which Aḥādīth are used in certain issues. We use Dha’if Aḥādīth for example in Akhlāq and Fadhāil and not in Aḥkām. There are conditions for using a Dha’if if Ḥadīth. Since there are over thousands of books written in the field of the principle of Ḥadīth, I shall merely suffice with what I wrote. If you are sincere, you will most definitely resort to these books.

5) Who told you to go in the feild of Qadr. By you going astray, I have increased my faith in what Nabi صلى الله عليه وسلم told the Ṣaḥābah as narrated in Sunan at-Tirmīdhi,

عن أبي هريرة قال : خرج علينا رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم ونحن نتنازع في القدر فغضب حتى أحمر وجهه حتى كأنما فقئ في وجنتيه الرمان فقال أبهذا أمرتم أم بهذا أرسلت إليكم ؟ إنما هلك من كان قبلكم حين تنازعوا في هذا الأمر عزمت عليكم عزمت عليكم ألا تتنازعوا فيه أخرجه الترمذي - (4 / 443)

Abū Hurairah (May Allah Ta'ala be pleased with him) says, “Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم once came out and we were discussing Qadr. Nabi became angry until his face became red as f pomegranate was poured on his blessed cheeks. He then said, Is this what you were commanded to do??!! Is this for what I was sent to you??!! Verily those who were before you were destroyed when they started indulging in this issue. I stress to you, I emphasis again, do not indulge in this.”(Sunan at-Tirmidhi, 4/443)

Thus, for now until you learn your Arabic, hand over this matter to Allāh. When you mastered Arabic you will enjoy the explanations given in Fatḥ al-Bāri, ‘Umdah al-Qāri, Irshād as-Sāri, Fatḥ al-Mulhim etc. However, I give you the same advice of Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم:
“….I stress to you, I emphasis again, do not indulge in this.”

I trust that if you are sincere you will study more and don’t jump to conclusions without adequate research. Remember, Allāh Ta’ālā is not in need of you and by accepting Islām you are only benefitting yourself.

And Allāh Ta’ālā knows best.

Wassalām

Old 09-04-2012, 02:57 AM   #15
AntonioMQ

Old 09-04-2012, 02:57 AM   #16
elossenen

Can you help him?

Old 09-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #17
Arrecteve

You can share the replies here with us if you don't mind. You can edit out the shaykhs name and post it as an anonymous reply
Umm... I think I can do that.

Let me see if I am able to pull that mail from my inbox on my mobile. Or else wait till I get access to my laptop.

Assalaam'aaleykum!

Old 09-21-2012, 07:37 PM   #18
d1Bc25UP

Brother tawhid. i too had the same doubts. but by the grace of allah i am clear now. i wanted to share my thoughts to you so that inshaallah you may also get cleared. but i wanted you to send ur mail id.
Assalaam'aaleykum!

He's got a profile on fb. I sent him couple of messages sometimes back to which he hasn't replied till date.

I had shared his doubts and query with some scholars in my private email conversation. Some shuyookh had even replied to me with a detailed response but I have never shared those replies with him because of the harsh language one shaykh deliberately used and other replied too shortly.

Anyway, ask me for his fb profile if you think you would like to engage with him in a conversation.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:12 PM   #19
padlabtard

Brother tawhid. i too had the same doubts. but by the grace of allah i am clear now. i wanted to share my thoughts to you so that inshaallah you may also get cleared. but i wanted you to send ur mail id.

Old 09-22-2012, 04:08 AM   #20
Wrencytet

Sorry! Since the mail has arabic text in it, I am not able to copy from my mobile.

Insha'Allah! Would do it from laptop soon.

Reply to Thread New Thread