LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #1
R1king

Default Racism among Muslims
Yep, Ive started it

Do you think it will ever stop? Im not saying 100 % out but simple things like intermarriage and at least treat each other with respect

Im just tired of being asked when i converted to Islam overtime I go to my local masjid. Apparently they cant believe i could be born from a Muslim family. even duah, its just dedicated to Mulisms in Kashmir, Palestine and errm Iraq. Not a word about our brothers and sisters in Darfur or other places!

im sure at some point one must have felt it coming from a fellow Muslim

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #2
sleepergun

Yep, Ive started it

Do you think it will ever stop? Im not saying 100 % out but simple things like intermarriage and at least treat each other with respect

Im just tired of being asked when i converted to Islam overtime I go to my local masjid. Apparently they cant believe i could be born from a Muslim family. even duah, its just dedicated to Mulisms in Kashmir, Palestine and errm Iraq. Not a word about our brothers and sisters in Darfur or other places!

the problem is there r alot of illnesses in the hearts of muslims that need to be purified and racism is just one of them.

yes we muslims should remember darfur.

what ethnicity r u that make people question when u converted to islam?

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #3
Sipewrio

I don't know but whenever they say these duas i feel it doesn't come from the depth of their souls..because after all it's all memorised.Very repetitive, they need to come
up with other duas as well and other countries other than Kashmir, Palestine & Iraq.

mwinyi, let Allah deal with these ppl..remember a person with an atom's weight of pride doesn't enter jannah.If they're racist it will be to their own detriment.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #4
estelle

Yes brother....I feel many of my fellow Muslims at the masjids where I live are more concerned about who is Arab, Pakistani, or "other". If you are a white convert forget about it. This fitnah continues to divide the Ummah

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #5
Jerwittdergut

Yes brother....I feel many of my fellow Muslims at the masjids where I live are more concerned about who is Arab, Pakistani, or "other". If you are a white convert forget about it. This fitnah continues to divide the Ummah
i dont think he is white , i believe he is black

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #6
JamesTornC

He is African, would be more appropriate!I believe he is from Eastern Africa..the name sounds swahili.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #7
vaalmerruutel

He is African, would be more appropriate!I believe he is from Eastern Africa..the name sounds swahili.
Does having a Swahili sounding name makes one a Swahili/African?

What if i called myself Rhys Jones would that make me a WASP or a SLOANE RANGER?

Never judge people based on their names. Yes the name is of swahili origin but Im not even close to any African tribe!

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #8
TamreuddyRada

What if i called myself Rhys Jones would that make me a WASP or a SLOANE RANGER?

Never judge people based on their names. Yes the name is of swahili origin but Im not even close to any African tribe!
see i was right

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #9
Erunsenef

So the name is Swahili but you're not African.Khair brother.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #10
shinesw

lol....I was talking about myself not that you would know from my name!

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #11
EmpokemyMok

Thinking and believing are very strong words.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #12
amehoubFomo

That can happen. My name is arabic and not arab, I'm from pakistani descent.
I guessed that already, from your dad's name, it's very common in the Pakistani community.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #13
Oriesssedleli419

idil ur an arab arent u?

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #14
sasaderesada

Yep, Ive started it

S/w.

'Racists' because many of the muslims dont' pray for their brothers in darfur ?? oh No! you've got it wrong, brother! as far as Indian and Pakistani Muslims go, I know that many of them are unaware of the darfur situtation, please dont' categorize that as being racists, they're just unaware of it, many of the muslims settled in the US or UK are infact from south asia (ind, pak & bangladesh), so they make dua for kashmir (which they're very well aware of since its an ongoing conflict in their region since the past 60 years or so), and as far as Palestine & Iraq go, they've always been in the news since ages (again), please dont' take this as a 'Racists' issue...

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #15
teridbruse

How are they unaware?? When it's been widely reported in the news.You're just making excuses for them.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #16
Aleksis

I don't know but whenever they say these duas i feel it doesn't come from the depth of their souls..because after all it's all memorised.Very repetitive, they need to come
up with other duas as well and other countries other than Kashmir, Palestine & Iraq.

mwinyi, let Allah deal with these ppl..remember a person with an atom's weight of pride doesn't enter jannah.If they're racist it will be to their own detriment.
All i can say is, ALLAH knows best !

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #17
Chooriwrocaey

How are they unaware?? When it's been widely reported in the news.You're just making excuses for them.
Widely reported but where? i dont' see it often in my country, and why should I make excuses for them, what makes you think like that? i'm not defending them nor do I intend to, probably if you were in the sub continent, you'll realise what I mean to say...

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #18
tabcdyop

What is the reason for not reporting about Darfur in your country?

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #19
omaculer

Yep, Ive started it

I doubt that it'll ever "stop". However, I think that we can lessen it, by the will of Allah, to a great degree.

Humans have this uncanny inclination towards finding ways to differentiate and distinguish themselves and to define themselves in relation to an "other". Something the "other" is someone from another race, sometimes from another social class, etc. but there always seems to be an "other".

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #20
Krruqgwt

idil ur an arab arent u?
well, idil is a somali name, therefore I believe she's black...see what I did there?

Reply to Thread New Thread