LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #1
majestictwelve

Default Sun thrown in ocean?
sahih of Bukhari records from Sayyidna Abu Huharirah
& that the Holy Prophet said that on the Day of Resurrection the Sun
and the Moon would be thrown into the ocean.

I read the following on Maariful quran of Mufti Shafi Usmani - http://www.islamibayanaat.com/MQ/Eng...ge-676-731.pdf

It is on the commentary of surah takwir verse 1.

How can the sun be thrown in the ocean if it's bigger than the earth? is this even a hadith? apparently it's in Bukhari according to maariful quran?

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #2
IoninnyHaro

cant open the pdf, it crashes.

I read the following on Maariful quran of Mufti Shafi Usmani - http://www.islamibayanaat.com/MQ/Eng...ge-676-731.pdf

How can the sun be thrown in the ocean if it's bigger than the earth? is this even a hadith? apparently it's in Bukhari according to maariful quran?

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #3
chuecalovers

"It is likewise correct to say that they will be put into Hell, because the entire ocean at that time will have been turned into Hell"

p.s i do not think ocean then would mean the same thing as ocean now.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #4
LarpBulaBus

cant open the pdf, it crashes.
Salamz brother, if you go on the main website, which is, http://www.islamibayanaat.com/EMQ.htm , then go on page 676 - 731, it will be under the commentary of the first verse of surah takwir. Look forward to hearing from you.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #5
mealiusarses

I remember hearing the commentary to this Surah by Br. Nouman Ali Khan and i immediately remembered something.
Could a physicist/chemist please tell usthis. If i remember watching a documentary correctly. If water touches something sufficiently hot, it actually turns into a fuel. The hydrogen and oxygen seperate and then explode. By sufficiently hot, i mean VERY hot. They used this in reference to the dangers of using water to cool down a nuclear reactor in an emergency.
This is in reference to the fifth aya

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #6
tipoketpu

CMIIW there is no bukhari hadith about such thing - sun thrown in ocean - , maybe the sheik misquote the bukhari

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #7
OccumCymn

I have no knowledge of the tafsir or the hadith, but if the realm is on the Judgement Day like brother uali3 mentioned, then it would be totally different from our realm now. We all know that all human beings and jinns would be gathered there to be judged, and there'll be no mountains but flat land. So we can't really say if the ocean there would be the same as the ocean now or not.

Allahu A'lam.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #8
jabader

Salamz brother, if you go on the main website, which is, http://www.islamibayanaat.com/EMQ.htm , then go on page 676 - 731, it will be under the commentary of the first verse of surah takwir. Look forward to hearing from you.
Salamz I am not getting anywhere with this, it downloads, I can see the first page but I cannot scroll, if I try to save as it also crashes, tried both firefox as well as ie.

Not sure I would have been able to answer anyway I was just curious. It is dangerous to get doubts about the nusus you should try to read it with someone who can guide you nearby.

Remember there is a hadith that says Shaitan has his throne out in the ocean because he is trying to immiitate the Throne of Allah Most High because that too is on the water. This means in the unseen there is water. So the verse could mean something like that water.

Alahu alam.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #9
numinertyuesk

Salamz I am not getting anywhere with this, it downloads, I can see the first page but I cannot scroll, if I try to save as it also crashes, tried both firefox as well as ie.

Not sure I would have been able to answer anyway I was just curious. It is dangerous to get doubts about the nusus you should try to read it with someone who can guide you nearby.

Remember there is a hadith that says Shaitan has his throne out in the ocean because he is trying to immiitate the Throne of Allah Most High because that too is on the water. This means in the unseen there is water. So the verse could mean something like that water.

Alahu alam.
I took the liberty of attaching it for you.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #10
ELURNSERB

I took the liberty of attaching it for you.
Thanks, I can see it now

Maybe the sun will be shrunk into the size of a football? Anything is possible if Mountains can be reduced to 'as moving clouds'.

found this:
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/sub...tardeath.shtml

which says stars expand when they die. But Allah is the Master of life and nature He can do whatever He likes, the sun will rise from the west so normal operations will be reversed. So there is nothing to say that the sun and the moon cannot be shrunk to nothingness or to a small size and thrown into the ocean with the energy of millions on nuclear explosions.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #11
fkjghfg

Does the hadith actually exist though? perhaps its an ocean outside of this world, perhaps in hell. I swear i wish i had the contact details of a scholar or something, it would make things so much easier. Unfortunately majority of scholars these days see themselves as celebrities and you have to go through at least 3 different channels just for a chance to ask them a question. It's a depressing age were living in.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #12
abouthotels

Remember there are scholars who exist outside of the internet and are very easily accessible for most Muslims... they are called the Imam of your masjid. One doesn't always need to keep rummaging through the internet to find answers on deeni matters, rather we should be in contact with our local Imams and use the internet as a 'supplement' after the Imam has given us a ruling.

Allah knows best.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #13
Kolovorotkes

Unfortunately majority of scholars these days see themselves as celebrities and you have to go through at least 3 different channels just for a chance to ask them a question. It's a depressing age were living in.
Just to expand on my last post brother, if you are looking for "celebrity scholars" to answer your questions then of course you will have to go through different channels to be able to reach them. You are not the only one who wants to ask them a question, they are busy people and it's not fair to say that they "see themselves as celebrities"... rather it is us who make them into celebrities by wanting only them to answer our questions... as if the rest of the scholars of the world don't know anything. There are thousands upon thousands of fully competent scholars under the radar, who are not a "celebrity" but often have more 'ilm & taqwa than many of the "celebrities". These again are the Imams of our mosques and any others who may attend our mosques (if we attend our mosque on a daily basis that is), those who may be in our mosques giving bayans as a guest, our local muftis (who again we can usually only come to know about by being involved with our local mosque(s)), etc.

Furthermore, there are several reputable fatwa websites which are being run by fully competent scholars and one can send their questions (such as what is being discussed in this thread) there as well. Sure, you may have to try a few times to submit the question, and wait a week or two for the answer, but it works.

Allah knows best.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #14
weluvjessicaalba

Whats your idea about the sun will reach very near above people's head which will melt their brains? How is it possible? Because people are supposed to be burnt into ash.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #15
23tommy

IMO people should stop interpreting, since there is no such hadith in bukhari

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #16
layevymed

Water,
water,
every where.

The scans from Ma'arif-ul-Qur'an say that it is an interpretation of Rabe-'a Al-Kaitham that folding of sun mentioned in Surah Takweer 81.1 means that sun will be thrown into ocean and the ocean will catch fire.

Clearly no Hadith is being discussed here, merely opinion of a past scholar.

So all we have to worry about is the meaning of the folding of the sun.

Now Allah (SWT) who unfolded the sun can fold also. Nothing unimaginable here for a Muslim. Astounding, yes, incredible, not at all.

For the record the temperatures required to dissociate water is much higher than sun temperature. I calculated it here at SF.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #17
nizcreare

I concur but imo there are few authentic fatwa sites...I do understand the frustration of bro uali, but believe me if the top ulamah get all too accessible, they wont have time to even breathe..i saw this with Maulana Sa'ad when i was at nizamuddin...

Just to expand on my last post brother, if you are looking for "celebrity scholars" to answer your questions then of course you will have to go through different channels to be able to reach them. You are not the only one who wants to ask them a question, they are busy people and it's not fair to say that they "see themselves as celebrities"... rather it is us who make them into celebrities by wanting only them to answer our questions... as if the rest of the scholars of the world don't know anything. There are thousands upon thousands of fully competent scholars under the radar, who are not a "celebrity" but often have more 'ilm & taqwa than many of the "celebrities". These again are the Imams of our mosques and any others who may attend our mosques (if we attend our mosque on a daily basis that is), those who may be in our mosques giving bayans as a guest, our local muftis (who again we can usually only come to know about by being involved with our local mosque(s)), etc.

Furthermore, there are several reputable fatwa websites which are being run by fully competent scholars and one can send their questions (such as what is being discussed in this thread) there as well. Sure, you may have to try a few times to submit the question, and wait a week or two for the answer, but it works.

Allah knows best.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #18
Liaptoono

This thread reminded me of a hadeeth in which Rasulullah mentioned the sun and the moon will be in jahannam like wrapped cheese.

A tabi'ee (?) heard this from a sahabi and wondered how can the sun and moon with be thrown into jahannam. The sahabi became angry at him for questioning the words of Rasulullah

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #19
AngelinaLip

From above link :
"Two teams of astronomers have discovered the largest and farthest reservoir of water ever detected in the universe. The water, equivalent to 140 trillion times all the water in the world's ocean, surrounds a huge, feeding black hole, called a quasar, more than 12 billion light-years away. One team, lead by Matt Bradford, made their observations starting in 2008, using an instrument called 'Z-Spec' at the California Institute of Technology's Submillimeter Observatory, a 33-foot (10-meter) telescope near the summit of Mauna Kea in Hawaii. Follow-up observations were made with the Combined Array for Research in Millimeter-Wave Astronomy (CARMA), an array of radio dishes in the Inyo Mountains of Southern California. The second group led, by Dariusz Lisused, used the Plateau de Bure Interferometer in the French Alps to find water. In 2010, this team serendipitously detected water in APM 8279+5255, observing one spectral signature. Bradford's team was able to get more information about the water, including its enormous mass, because they detected several spectral signatures of the water." water, From above link :
Astronomers have found the largest and farthest water reservoir ever detected in space, according to the University of Colorado.

The discovery came through analyzing minuscule wavelengths by an international team of astronomers, including some from CU.

The water was found on a quasar, an energetic galactic entity, in the form of vapor, and the source of water is estimated to be 34 billion times the mass of the Earth.

"These findings are very exciting," said Jason Glenn, a CU associate professor and co-author of the study. "We not only detected water in the farthest reaches of the universe, but enough to fill Earth's oceans more than 100 trillion times." every where. From above link :
A distant, hyper-energetic black hole known as a quasar contains the largest reserve of water in the known universe, equivalent to 140 trillion times the water on Earth. The solution to our water crisis is only 12 billion light-years away!

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #20
Zdmlscid

This thread reminded me of a hadeeth in which Rasulullah mentioned the sun and the moon will be in jahannam like wrapped cheese.

A tabi'ee (?) heard this from a sahabi and wondered how can the sun and moon with be thrown into jahannam. The sahabi became angry at him for questioning the words of Rasulullah
this is from by Al-Bayhaqi

"The sun and moon will be two rolled-up bulls in Hell on the Day of Resurrection" and has a variation in Imam Bukhari

The Prophet said, "The sun and the moon will be folded up on the Day of Resurrection." and has a relation with Imam Muslim hadith

God will gather people on the Day of Resurrection and say: Let every people follow what they worshipped. Those who worshipped the sun would follow the sun, and those who worshipped the moon would follow the moon

Allah Knows best

Reply to Thread New Thread