LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 07-23-2012, 03:46 AM   #1
Muhabsssa

Default Running - Knee Clicking?
Obviously I know this isn't a medical forum, LOL... but just out of curiosity, for those members that run - do you ever have problems with your knee clicking?

I didn't used to have this problem, but after going a few months without running regularly, I'm trying to start up again, and the last couple of times I went my knee has started clicking about a mile into my run. It's not really painful - just a really odd sensation and rather off-putting. I'm not sure whether it's a more serious problem, or just a result of my body not being conditioned for running any more. Just trying to figure if it's worth going to a doctor over since it's not hurting - or if there are any exercises / tactics I can try to alleviate it that have worked for others.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:48 AM   #2
Sanremogirl

I damaged my meniscus a month ago

Sounds familiar, get it checked

Old 07-23-2012, 03:53 AM   #3
doksSirmAdods

Get it checked out.

Think about taking up biking, a lot less stressful on the body.

I use to be able to run 10 miles under an hour no problem until the neurosurgeon informed me of how bad my back had gotten after 25 years of running. One operation later, things are going well, but no running.

Old 07-23-2012, 05:37 AM   #4
Automobill

I'd abandon all exercise in any form

Old 07-23-2012, 06:04 AM   #5
giturbewan

Mine does it too, but I damaged my knee years ago and just kinda blamed it on that, never gave it much thought, like you said it's more off-putting than painful.

I know that's NO help, but just wanted to let ya know you're not the only one.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:06 AM   #6
Ephedrine

Haha thanks! I don't want to do damage, but I'm far more concerned about my weight & staying healthy TBH... for now I've just been trying to focus on stretching / exercises to build strength in my leg muscles to help support it while running. I have to go see my doctor towards the end of the summer for some lab work anyways, so maybe I'll just ask her about it then.

Reply to Thread New Thread