LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 07-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #1
DiBellaBam

Default Bac water still good?
How long is Bac water once it has been opened? And by that I mean it still haas the rubber top on.

I used some for my first mixing, and mixed it up on 6/23. I now need to mix some more, can I use this same bottle? I sure hope so, as it is all I have. I could probably have some overnighted to me, but am hoping it is fine to use.

Also, does it need refrigeration?

THanks!!

Old 07-04-2012, 01:50 PM   #2
ziIReIGS

As long as the mixed stuff... the second it is opened, it loses its sterile status... so you really need a new vial of bac water whenever you mix.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:56 PM   #3
laperuzdfhami

We generally recommend following the pharmaceutical rules used by hospitals. For bac water, it is good for 30 days from first puncture if kept in the fridge. If not kept in the fridge, it's only good for about 48 to 72 hrs max. For non bac water water...ie vials marked single use....which we don't recommend using at all....they are only good for 24 hrs....even if refrigerated....so you can't mix a batch with those ..... For injections that is....hope this helps.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #4
55Beaphable

Do you know where one can buy another bottle of bac water? I've looked on Amazon, but can you buy it without an Rx in a brick and mortar store?

Old 07-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #5
HaseBeceDeemy

Good question - would be curious for that answer!

Also - is this the right stuff:

http://www.amazon.com/Hospira-Bacter...iostatic+water

The price seems so low compared to this:

http://www.amazon.com/Hospira-steril...iostatic+water

Old 07-04-2012, 03:05 PM   #6
Adfcvkdg

Jill42, The first one has .9% sodium chloride, the 2nd one has .9% benzyl alcohol, and it is the same one I got with my kit. I would go with the more expensive one, with my limited knowledge. This is my first round of injections. I bought for a short round first to try them out, decided I like it, so ordered for a long round thinking I will do a long round now and a short round later (wish I had saved the bac water from my first mixing on 6/15, oh well). My mistake, should have ordered for 2 short rounds, because it came with only one 30ml bottle of bac water. I have 2 5000iu Ovidacs, and one bac water so will need to order a bac water for the second Ovidac later. (Can you tell I'm not sure I can get the last 12 lbs off in 20-ish more days? I'm a slow loser...)

Old 07-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #7
LottiFurmann

Jill42, The first one has .9% sodium chloride, the 2nd one has .9% benzyl alcohol, and it is the same one I got with my kit. I would go with the more expensive one, with my limited knowledge. This is my first round of injections. I bought for a short round first to try them out, decided I like it, so ordered for a long round thinking I will do a long round now and a short round later (wish I had saved the bac water from my first mixing on 6/15, oh well). My mistake, should have ordered for 2 short rounds, because it came with only one 30ml bottle of bac water. I have 2 5000iu Ovidacs, and one bac water so will need to order a bac water for the second Ovidac later. (Can you tell I'm not sure I can get the last 12 lbs off in 20-ish more days? I'm a slow loser...)
I have my bac water from my first mix on 6/24 - but it was not refrigerated. I only have enough for an injection tomorrow, and a partial injection on Friday - so I need this ASAP! I am willing to pay for expedited shipping, but just not sure which to get. I'll take your suggestion and get the more expensive one. That is what came with my first kit. I will need syringes in a few weeks, so thinking of just expediting the kit - but I think that comes with the other water.

http://www.amazon.com/mixing-injecti...+injection+kit

Why am I so confused on this? Can someone link me to the item in Amazon to purchase? A kit?

Old 07-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #8
steerryGritly

I pm'd ILuvKats

Old 07-04-2012, 07:12 PM   #9
Dynasty

Jill, that link you posted has plain normal saline, ie .9 sodium chloride. Those bottles will be marked for single use only. I don't recommend using those, even though you will be refrigerating the mixture. You need the stuff with preservative in it, and if it comes in the 30 ml size, that's best because one bottle will last you for a round, depending on your dilution, of course. But make sure to refrigerate it after you puncture it the first time.

Reply to Thread New Thread