LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-13-2009, 03:17 PM   #1
Sleflanna

Default Atkins Vitamins?
Hi everyone...

Ok, I have a confession to make. I haven't been taking supplements... I started the diet based on what I remember from 6-7 years ago and am just now getting around to re-reading the book.

So I want to get my Atkins Vitamins. Way back when, I used to buy the Vitamin World store brand of the Atkins Vitamins. Well, I don't live close to one of those anymore... so I went hunting for the true Atkins supplements in 3 different "health food/supplement" stores last night. No luck!

Are they just not making them anymore? If so, do you all have a recommended brand? Our nutrition prof in school told us to watch for vitamins that have mega doses of anything. The cheap elements are what get overdone in them... but that doesn't mean it's good for you to have those megadoses... and it may even be toxic. He told us to look for those that have mostly 100% or close to it.... but not over (or at least not by much).

So... any ideas?

Droly

Old 01-13-2009, 03:21 PM   #2
Imampaictjg

I use One-A-Day for Women Over 50. Atkins said to take a multi-vitamin without iron. The ones made for men and for women over 50 (assuming they're all in menopause, I guess) don't have iron.

The Atkins company stopped making a lot of their products... now they only make shakes and bars, I believe. Remember the baking mix??

Tril

Reply to Thread New Thread