LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 07-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #1
orerviche

Default College fraternities and sororities
I started college pledging a frat. I hated being a pledge, with the hazing and being told what to do by dolts that I considered to be inferior to me in most every way.
I was initiated, and after my sophomore year I quit.
Academically, I went from a 2.8 in business administration to a 3.4 GPA in zoology, a much more difficult curriculum.
Although I was getting laid on a fairly regular basis from my high school sweetheart, we broke up and I got more and better quality pussy.
I hung aroung with a better quality of friends and didn't have to be around obnoxious drunk assholes whose sole reason for being in college was the fraternity.
My point is, what is the point of being in a fraternity?
Maybe someone here had a more positive experience?

Old 07-30-2012, 11:18 PM   #2
tussinelde

I can't speak to frats nor even sororities. I belonged to an honor science society Sigma Zeta that required getting on the Dean's List at least 4 semesters.

Some pledge to frats and sororities because they can form connections that will help them later in life. At least the good ones.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:26 PM   #3
paypaltoegold1

Simple, a lifelong commonality among brothers.

ΦΔΣ

Old 07-31-2012, 03:48 AM   #4
polleroy

Simple, a lifelong commonality among brothers.

ΦΔΣ
But weren't there "brothers" that you wouldn't allow in your home today? I have a lifelong commonality among friends I've made along the way. A couple of whom were in my fraternity. Most were not.
Those that were in my frat that I still stay in touch with I consider friends, not brothers.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:46 PM   #5
RilmAlime67

But weren't there "brothers" that you wouldn't allow in your home today?
I've let all my brothers I've pledged with into my home - we all still keep in touch.

I have a lifelong commonality among friends I've made along the way. A couple of whom were in my fraternity. Most were not.
Those that were in my frat that I still stay in touch with I consider friends, not brothers.
I'm also a Mason but for different reasons (my way of giving back to the community I live in. It was that or volunteer fire dept. time - Mason's were once a month as opposed to the vol. fire dept., which was once or twice a week) - Sure you can have a lifelong commonality among friends and still not be in a frat - but you'll have to make up your own secret squirrel handshakes.

Reply to Thread New Thread