LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 06-06-2012, 11:45 PM   #1
emingeRek

Default Anyone cycling??
I have just started cycling again...........

I was never into long rides..... I use to do 36 miles round trip up to Folsom dam/lake.. 18 miles up (about 500 ft climb) swim & then nice downhill back......

Longest so far has been about 13 miles out to the river & back-going today.....

Anyone else??

Old 06-06-2012, 11:50 PM   #2
slowlexrese

I wish I could cycle, but living on a mountain has its drawbacks, like going down is a blast but that return trip usually consists of my thumbing it

Old 06-07-2012, 01:24 AM   #3
Accecyncphory

How steep is your hill???

Here, as you know, is pretty flat...... Although it is windy usually (good thing @ night).........

It will be a great work out, well, if it don't kill yea...........lol

I have a couple neighbors that do endurance runs/races...... One does over 100 miles per weekend......... Couple weeks ago it was mid 90's he drives up to Cool (by Placerville) & does 60 miles, up & down those hills, many steep 6+ grades........

Wind is blowing about 10+ here now but it wasn't that bad........

Old 06-07-2012, 01:37 AM   #4
VardyCodarexyz

Actually I could probably ride again here in Reno, its not that bad here. The wind is horrendous though, but it could be done.

When I had my bicycle I lived in Paradise, and it was just up and down till Chico, not real flat area of any significant distance.

I also could never do long distance riding anyways, I am just to big of a guy for that.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:55 AM   #5
ketNavatutt

Actually I could probably ride again here in Reno, its not that bad here. The wind is horrendous though, but it could be done.

When I had my bicycle I lived in Paradise, and it was just up and down till Chico, not real flat area of any significant distance.

I also could never do long distance riding anyways, I am just to big of a guy for that.

I see a lot of "big guys" riding now days..... By big I mean around the belt.....lol

Yea, that is a climb from Chico to Paradise......... + there wasn't much of a curb/riding lane back when I use to drive that.... Not sure now.........

It had that nice long drop off into the canyon, inches from the road.... Great view, & plenty of time to think before you hit the bottom......lol

The ride around Tahoe is similar in some spots from Tahoe city to south shore-virtually driving on the top of the ridge, 1,000+ foot drop on either side, no curb or bike lane.......

I know several that ride around the lake all the time, in late spring/summer/early fall- & in about 6 hours or so...... Hell, that is a long drive in that time.........

Old 06-07-2012, 02:02 AM   #6
DoniandaCoado

I see a lot of "big guys" riding now days..... By big I mean around the belt.....lol

Yea, that is a climb from Chico to Paradise......... + there wasn't much of a curb/riding lane back when I use to drive that.... Not sure now.........

It had that nice long drop off into the canyon, inches from the road.... Great view, & plenty of time to think before you hit the bottom......lol

The ride around Tahoe is similar in some spots from Tahoe city to south shore-virtually driving on the top of the ridge, 1,000+ foot drop on either side, no curb or bike lane.......

I know several that ride around the lake all the time, in late spring/summer/early fall- & in about 6 hours or so...... Hell, that is a long drive in that time.........
Yeah, it hasnt changed, I only go there now to visit family or kick out my tenants and find new ones.

Its a good topic, I think I might just look for another bike, its one of those things that have been on my list but always find something else to do first.

The weather has been real nice too lately, now that it stopped snowing........... yesterday.

Old 06-07-2012, 02:09 AM   #7
darieBarexish

I have just started cycling again...........

I was never into long rides..... I use to do 36 miles round trip up to Folsom dam/lake.. 18 miles up (about 500 ft climb) swim & then nice downhill back......

Longest so far has been about 13 miles out to the river & back-going today.....

Anyone else??
I'll go to a spinning class on the days I don't swim or play racquetball...

I had a hybrid but I gave it to one of my kids.

I've got to say though, that first day in the spinning class was one of the most painful things I've ever had to endure - more than zero day at Ranger school even...

I've now got an assortment of padded biker shorts that I'll wear underneath when I do decide to go to the spinning class - I won't ever go without 'em.

Old 06-07-2012, 02:11 AM   #8
Ruilnasr

I ride a bike daily to and from work.

Old 06-07-2012, 02:13 AM   #9
TheBestCheapestOEM

Cool....... Rain or shine?? How many miles??? Flat there, isn't it??

Old 06-07-2012, 02:26 AM   #10
#[SoftAzerZx]

My Jaguar eat cyclists for lunch...

Old 06-07-2012, 02:27 AM   #11
CULTDIAMONDS

I think Eldon lives in the San Antonio area, which is mostly flat with a few hills here and there.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:46 AM   #12
cindygirl

I think Eldon lives in the San Antonio area, which is mostly flat with a few hills here and there.
Dallas...pretty flat.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:47 AM   #13
DagoIgnog

Yes, rain or shine...and it's about 3.5 miles. I moved to be close to work.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:33 AM   #14
Spalax

Mostly into the other kind of bikes, the ones with engines. But I have bought a few bicycles over the last few years at auctions, and I still have a Peugeot I bought at an auction a few years ago. I need to get that one back out, as I believe it has a flat tire. Its a really light bike, so that's why its my favorite, though it is a little dated nowadays. As with everything else, the technology on new bikes is amazing these days.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:13 AM   #15
Gasfghj

Cool.............

Rain or shine is hardcore........ When I lived in NYC I would ride in the snow....... The rain wasn't good in traffic, I like to stop now & then......lol

My X-father-inlaw did that........ It was about 8 miles, rain or shine. But in the winter he would drive only if it was raining when he left....

There was a nice bike trail along the river into work....... Was great till one day going about 12-15 mph the seat broke............ LOL

He missed a few works days.............

He didn't laugh along w/ us when he told the story..........

I am gonna try to do @ least 7 miles a day-I have a route mapped out......

Have you heard of mapmyrun.com??

It is great if you do off road, weird routes etc......

Old 06-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #16
Tamawaipsemek

Mostly into the other kind of bikes, the ones with engines. But I have bought a few bicycles over the last few years at auctions, and I still have a Peugeot I bought at an auction a few years ago. I need to get that one back out, as I believe it has a flat tire. Its a really light bike, so that's why its my favorite, though it is a little dated nowadays. As with everything else, the technology on new bikes is amazing these days.
I had one of them when I was a kid........ My bike now is more off road but is good for either........

I think a miracle happened w/ the back tire....... It use to go flat w/in 24 hours... It has been a week & I can still ride it......

Old 06-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #17
BoomBully

Dallas...pretty flat.
Dallas? I don't know why I was thinking San Antonio then...yes, it's even flatter than San Antonio.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:08 PM   #18
Uhmavano

Dallas? I don't know why I was thinking San Antonio then...yes, it's even flatter than San Antonio.
I talk about San Antonio...it's my favorite city...

Old 06-08-2012, 01:07 AM   #19
nAKMzyBN

I talk about San Antonio...it's my favorite city...
Zurich is my favorite city...

I've got a lot of family and quite a few friends that live in San Antonio though and I'd spent every summer there growing up then every first semester of high school so I could play football - AAAAA high school football in that part of Texas is on an equal plane with quite a few Division 1 college games...

Old 06-20-2012, 10:17 PM   #20
23tommy

I rode last night right @ dusk, so it was almost dark by the time I got back in.... About 90 degrees.............

But the bugs are all over the place.....

I think I might need goggles & a face mask...........lol

Reply to Thread New Thread