LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-01-2012, 10:12 PM   #1
mybooboo

Default FA Cup 3rd/4th/5th/6th/Semis/Final (2012)
Ties of the 3rd Round
Liverpool v Oldham
Arsenal v Leeds
Manchester City v Manchester Utd
Chelsea v Portsmouth
Coventry (who ever they are) v Southampton
Sheffield Wednesday v West Ham

Should be an enjoyable third round, since a "big" team could be knocked out

Old 06-01-2012, 08:52 PM   #2
mybooboo

Liverpool v Oldham: Looks like Carragher will be back for tonight's match

Old 06-01-2012, 10:37 PM   #3
POMAH_K

Wycombe are losing 3-0, and are being utterly destroyed.... ffs

Old 06-01-2012, 10:39 PM   #4
mybooboo

Not quite FA Cup

Old 06-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #5
POMAH_K

sorry yeah, wrong thread, oh well.

Old 06-02-2012, 12:06 AM   #6
wrewsTear

Swansea has Barnsley on Saturday, I didn't think they were going to pay much attention to it like the Carling Cup as to concerntrate on their first season in the prem but I'm sure I heared something about Rogers wanting to do well in it, and it will help the team. Plus there was a lot of drama after the last Barnsley game on Twitter with the accusations made against what they were chanting. True or not I'm sure a lot of teams are going to give them a hard time for it for a while. Either way it'll be one to watch for me.

City and Utd should be a great watch. I actually really like the third round draws this year, FA Cup is always such a great competition because of the small teams that get to come through and having the potential of a lot of big teams to go already is perrrrfect!

Old 07-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #7
mybooboo

Liverpool won 5-1 though it was marred by some stupid idiot of a person, I refuse to call them fans if they behave in that manner, by racially abusing a player from the opposition. The player was distraught nonetheless.

I really hope Liverpool aren't chucked of the FA Cup out because of that one "fan", it would be too harsh of a punishment for the sake of one person idiotic behaviour. I digress a little, it could of been a fan of some other team I dislike. We will just have to see if that is the case

Old 07-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #8
POMAH_K

Pfft, it's liverpools own fault for sending out the message they condone racism. Why didn't the Liverpool fans around him do something?

Old 07-01-2012, 10:33 AM   #9
mybooboo

I don't think that they sent out a message condoning racism

Old 07-01-2012, 10:50 AM   #10
sbrpkkl

The guy who did it apparently was on Twitter saying stuff and even took a pic of himself before deleting it, not in time though as it was saved etc etc. Liverpool won't be kicked out of the cup no, the fan will just be banned for life. had it been a section (like the lads wearing the Suarez shirts) then the consequences may have been more severe. It's not exactly good PR for Liverpool though, with everything else that's happened over the last couple of weeks.

Little milestone for today, 7th of January. It was on this day 22 years ago that we went to Nottingham Forest in the FA cup and won 1-0. Might not sound much but that is the game that allegedly saved Sir Alex's career as United manager. 22 years and a ton of trophies and accolades later, look who was right.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #11
POMAH_K

Hardly fair is it? One person makes racist statements towards a black opposition player, and the club say they'll support him no matter what, and get t-shirt printed off with his face on them. Another does it, and chances are he'll be banned for life?

Old 07-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #12
sbrpkkl

Oh no it's not fair. The fan should use that as a defence plea if criminal charges are brought.

"well laaa, the club defended Suarez laaa, I want my own t shirts printed, laaa"

Old 07-01-2012, 12:41 PM   #13
iiilizium

klanfield anyone?..........they'll be stealing the clothes off visiting supporters next,oh yea....they already do that

Old 07-01-2012, 07:06 PM   #14
mybooboo

Results
Coventry 1-2 Southampton
Swindon 2-1 Wigan
MK Dons 1-1 QPR
Newcastle 2-1 Blackburn

So that is Coventry out

Old 07-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #15
sbrpkkl

No real surprise, Southampton are comnig back to the Premier League soon.

Swindon knocked out Wigan, Macclesfield got a replay against Bolton and Blackpool beat Fleetwood 5-1 away.

Bristol Rovers vs Aston Villa now, chance for an upset here possibly.

Old 07-01-2012, 07:28 PM   #16
iiilizium

So that is Coventry out
thats fine,just means that theres no chance of being away at liverpool and me getting racially abused or mugged for my coat and shoes

Old 07-01-2012, 07:54 PM   #17
wrewsTear

Swansea won, Cardiff and Wigan are out, couldn't be a better result for me!

I was under the impression it was more than just one Liverpool fan, but more of a group of them, plus they went on to chant about Suarez after it happened. The whole situation is disgusting. The players and the club stand behind Suarez, who would have been locked up for what he'd done had it been on the street, yet it doesn't seem to be too much of a problem on the pitch. Then their fans defend him and a bunch of them proove that they themselves are also capable of handing out rasicst slurs. Excellent timing for Liverpool.

And, the t-shirts were tasteless. Hard slap on the wrists needed for Liverpool or it will get even more out of control. Yes unfair to the fans who do no wrong but if everyone gets away with it then the scum will carry on.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:10 PM   #18
anxpuna

thats fine,just means that theres no chance of being away at liverpool and me getting racially abused or mugged for my coat and shoes
Concentrate on survival now

Old 07-01-2012, 09:38 PM   #19
mybooboo

You have to wait to you get the full facts on whether the player was racially abused...as for getting mugged it happens around the country

Old 07-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #20
POMAH_K

You have to wait to you get the full facts on whether the player was racially abused...as for getting mugged it happens around the country
Out of interest, do you even remotely believe there's a chance that the abuse wasn't racial in nature?

Reply to Thread New Thread