LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-15-2012, 06:39 PM   #1
TheBestCheapestOEM

Default Another person afraid
Another person was afraid of Ace,
today i brought Ace to work with me he was behind the counter by the front desk which is completely closed in, a man came him and immediately when he saw the Ace he says "Is that thing gonna jump over that?"
I said no he's a big baby, he stands like 10 feet away from the counter as he talks and tells me what he's here to pick up,and when he needs a pen, he walks up to the counter saying "can i grab this pen without getting my hand chewed off"
i again said he was a good boy, he just says
"Yeah well i don't like dogs that look like they can eat you"
Really how can someone be afraid of this

Old 09-15-2012, 07:21 PM   #2
Tactattcahhaw

Pussies

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Old 09-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #3
vigraxtru

oh good grief! what an idiot

Old 09-15-2012, 08:18 PM   #4
MYMcvBgl

I really hate people. He looks like a big baby. He's very handsome by the way! =]

Old 09-15-2012, 09:09 PM   #5
xsexymasterix

What a jerk! You should have given him a dollar and told him to go buy an applicable opinion.....

Old 09-15-2012, 09:11 PM   #6
sigrekatonov

Aw, he has such a cute face.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:12 PM   #7
spineeupsenry

Haha, if he looks at a dog and thinks it can eat him, it sounds like he has some insecurities.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:42 PM   #8
idobestbuyonlinepp

Morons... I'd have just been like, "bro, it's just a frickin dog, not a wild beast. get over yourself."

Old 09-15-2012, 10:47 PM   #9
Redys

D: Where do you work! I wanna come give Ace some treats to make up for that jack ass. D: How can you be scared of something so innocent looking? Its not like Ace was growling at him or anything.

Old 09-16-2012, 12:45 AM   #10
Charryith

Not a big surprise.

I used to be all of the above, before I EVER owned a pitbull, I believed all the media hype. Once I became educated here and got to know my son's APBT all that changed..

Old 09-16-2012, 05:08 PM   #11
letmelogin

D: Where do you work! I wanna come give Ace some treats to make up for that jack ass. D: How can you be scared of something so innocent looking? Its not like Ace was growling at him or anything.
I work at a vets office, which makes the situation even worse in my opinion, cause if you come into a vets office you should be ready to see all types of dogs in the waiting room NOT closed it, Ace was Closed in lol, Ace doesn't need any treats but he would sure love a good hug and pets! Yeah i don't think i've ever heard Ace growl, he grumbles when he needs to go to the bathroom but that's about it, the most dangerous thing about Ace is that tail...ow...

Old 09-17-2012, 09:50 AM   #12
Sukadrukanga

Not a big surprise.

I used to be all of the above, before I EVER owned a pitbull, I believed all the media hype. Once I became educated here and got to know my son's APBT all that changed..

I like this!

I took Bullet to his first training class on Saturday, and there was a lady there that had brought her Border Collie puppy in too. She said she'd always been afraid of Pitbulls, but now that she's met Bullet, she's going to have to change her mind about them.

So, Bullet is doing his bit for his breed! Changing people's minds one at a time...

Old 09-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #13
Clesylafabada

You people like to pretend as if, no dog has ever given you a suspicious "look" or vibe, by first glance alone regardless of the breed. I don't mind if someone is simply "iffy" about a certain strange dog (just like us humans having an iffy feeling about other human beings), but not if they're going to paint a brush for the entire breed of that said dog, as "they are ALL vicious human killers that have no control of themsleves!" for example. Than yes, that would be stupid and ridiculous. I have never been afraid of dogs, but I certainly will come across certain dogs every now and than, that I don't exactly feel "comfortable" with instantly. You just never know and there is nothing wrong with that.

The guy is obviously saying ignorant comments, so, he's obviously holding some sort of negative stereotype to the "breed". Usually, if a dog doesn't seem sound to strangers to me right off of the bat and I am around it, I'll just simply ask the owner, "is he/she friendly with strangers?". Instead of immediately stereotyping.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #14
GogaMegaPis

ROFL! Just like the neighbor guy with Rita. Same guy who's afraid of Ike. I took Rita over to see if he would relax. Fail! Mind you, this guy lives with 2 APBT pups, a 7 year old Husky, and a rat-bat sized dog that owns them all. Yet he was telling me he didn't want his visiting daughter near Rita and that he wasn't going to pet her "just in case". Meanwhile the neighbors 3 year old was petting and loving on her. HAHAHAHA! Really, dude? She has a 3 year old currently hugging and scratching her and you, a grown ass man, are afraid to touch her with me right there telling you how loving she is?

It's all good, though. People can be afraid of my dogs all they want. There's a reason my house is the only one on the block that hasn't been broke into over the last few years. People who know me know the dogs are great. People who approach us on the street tend toward being friendly with the dogs and willing to give them at least a "Hello, dog!". Everyone else can live in fear and stay off my property Only reason the guy across the street being afraid bothers me is because he knows me and has for months. You'd think he'd take my word for it especially after seeing the dogs and the neighbor kids interact so much.

I wouldn't be afraid of your boy. Not even if he grumbled for attention or potty. I stereotype Pit Bulls as being friendly. I still ask before petting, though, to be polite. Then I am a puddle of dog loving goo.

Old 09-17-2012, 05:25 PM   #15
mypharmalife

People are STUPID! I can say that because I was one of those stupid people for many years, as a matter of fact I flipped out when my dauighter got her pit , because my grandkids were in the house!! Little did I know that I would end up with that same dog and fall hopelessly and endlessly in love with her!!! I was even stupid enough to say that I would shoot her if she hurt one of my grands (she was a wild jumper and was not getting any training at my daughters house)....Am I proud of myself for that comment? Hell no, I am embarassed!!! but I honestly felt that way. EDUCATION changed me, getting to know her, changed me! So i can see how people can be stupid. BUT if your baby was not bothering him or showing any aggression, he should have left well enough alone.

I guess the cool thing now is that I am an adocate to change peoples perception of the breed, even if it is just one person at a time!!! Taking Trina to her classes at petsmart has helped--especially when a mom allows her kids to pet Trina and they are all giggly and happy and Trina is licking them and eating up all the attention, then mom asks, "What kind of dog is she" I reply a pit bull, mom then freaks out and tells her kids to leave her alone, then i aksed the mom.....so once i say shes a pit bull shes going to hurt your kids????? when just seconds ago you were all about letting them pet her and play with her???? WHAT CHANGED once i told you her breed when it DIDNT MATTER a minute ago??????? Mom calmed down and appologized and we talked for a few minutes about stereotype. I told her how I used to be and now I dont know if I ever want another type of dog......it changed her perception! Without me really showing my "hoodlum" side! LOL

Old 09-17-2012, 05:59 PM   #16
Dayreive

I work at a vets office, which makes the situation even worse in my opinion, cause if you come into a vets office you should be ready to see all types of dogs in the waiting room NOT closed it, Ace was Closed in lol, Ace doesn't need any treats but he would sure love a good hug and pets! Yeah i don't think i've ever heard Ace growl, he grumbles when he needs to go to the bathroom but that's about it, the most dangerous thing about Ace is that tail...ow...
Aww no treats? That's okay :P I'd still give him all the hugs and pets I could!

Old 09-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #17
plaiskegizils

oh god what a moron.

Reply to Thread New Thread