LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-21-2012, 09:46 PM   #21
cyslespitocop

I wouldnt own a snake, or lizard or anything that I would have to feed live animals. Makes me cringe. Everything else. well I dont think Ill go past dog and/or cat. I always had dogs, but I wouldnt mind a cat, but I love dogs in general.

My girlfriend does have horses on her grandmas ranch, wouldnt mind going out there one day to ride one and feel like a cowboy.
You dont have to feed live to snakes :-) just frozen

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Old 09-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #22
drycleden

I think i would pass snakes and spiders. Especially big snakes and spiders, there is soemthing about them that makes e shiver. I like them as animals, i like to watch them but i would never want one in my house

Old 09-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #23
Dayreive

I'd have to say ferrets. They're cute and funny as all get out but so destructive and smelly. I had a friend with a couple of ferrets and I couldn't stand to go to her home and she tried to keep it pretty clean. Something about the smell just did not resonate with me.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:22 AM   #24
KahiroSamo

I originally said I wouldn't have a spider or T as a pet.

The day Jen was coming to meet me, I decided to redecorate my room a bit. in doing that I found myself a false widow, which now is still with me in the same tub I stuck her in.

I then recently (March) got myself a Red Knee and got Jen a Chile Rose (Which has just moulted and is starting to show her colours)

Quite a change eh :P

Old 09-22-2012, 12:23 AM   #25
Deribasov

It's because they've been portrayed as animals to fear. They're really animals to respect. Just with anything else really.
Kids are more open about their interest than adults too.
I guess I can see what you're saying I have a friend who has a Bearded Dragon and when he first told me I was completely grossed out especially since he feeds him crickets. But after a while of adapting to him I'm now more open to lizards.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:50 AM   #26
JakilSong

I could never have an ostrich or an emu, because they scare the bejesus out of me! Rather luckily I've never actually heard of anyone who keeps an ostrich or an emu for a pet, so chances are I'll never be asked to rehouse one, which pleases me immensely as my first and hopefully last ever encounter with such a creature ended with the demon trying to eat my head!
Lol!! Now that's one I wasn't expecting to be listed.

I actually did know a guy who had an ostrich/emu farm once, but an animal that size would probably have to stay where it already is instead of being rehoused elsewhere. I can't imagine owning an ostrich, although I certainly wouldn't mind. And hey, if I could get some eggs out of it, too, that'd be awesome.

Old 09-22-2012, 01:00 AM   #27
Pheboasmabs

While I'm in the city in an apartment I won't own a dog. I grew up in the country with dogs and lots of other animals and I just can't stand the thought of keeping a dog cooped up even with a few walks a day. I know most adapt just fine, but I just can't. When I move back to a few acres in the country, though, I'll adopt dogs.

Also, nothing venomous.

Old 09-22-2012, 01:01 AM   #28
KahiroSamo

I never thought i'd own a tarantula as i'm terrified of them but now I do so I guess if I hhad to I don't think there is much i'd turn away if it needed a home.
But if it were more pets I dislike and would never buy then rats would be right up on that list, I think the longer I keep snakes the more I see rats as neutrition lol I think keeping a pet rat could make it more difficult for me to feed the snakes without feeling guilty.

Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk
I've always had a phobia of spiders. Well I'm fine if they're in the room etc. Just not keen on being near or handling them etc.
however I now have a T as does Jen lol.

Personally I don't think I'd own any rodents. Doubt i'd ever have a pet rat or mouse. I had lemmings for a while, until one went on a killing spree and killed all the others.

I would consider a hedgehog in the future maybe tho?

Old 09-22-2012, 01:40 AM   #29
HaremShaih

I could never have an ostrich or an emu, because they scare the bejesus out of me! Rather luckily I've never actually heard of anyone who keeps an ostrich or an emu for a pet, so chances are I'll never be asked to rehouse one, which pleases me immensely as my first and hopefully last ever encounter with such a creature ended with the demon trying to eat my head!

Old 09-22-2012, 02:17 AM   #30
Adamdjeffe

There aren't many. Nothing that would pose a real danger the public (big cats, wild dogs, alligators, etc).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-22-2012, 02:54 AM   #31
KahiroSamo

Quite a few people ive known say exactly that. But generally when theyre in the presence of one they seem to get slightly interestrd

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Old 09-22-2012, 02:56 AM   #32
fuesquemill

If somebody absolutely needed my help I would take in animals like dogs, cats, reptiles, small animals, etc. It is when people get into collecting these crazy illegal pets like Monkeys where I have to say "No way". Anything illegal I would have to turn down. I am also not into birds at all. An animal that can make such obnoxious noises at all hours of the house would annoy me greatly.

Old 09-22-2012, 03:02 AM   #33
Loolasant

i want to see black cat(leopard family) as my pet but this is banned to adopt in my country. overall 1400 cat family members are there in india so these are the rare animals.

Old 09-22-2012, 03:33 AM   #34
JakilSong

Default Pets you WON'T own
Many of us would happily take in a ton more pets if we actually had the money and time/space to care for more. Personally, I've done quite a bit of rescue work, so I've had my paws on more animals than I can count at this point.

What animals would you -not- want to have, though? If someone brought you an animal they couldn't care for and have no place to turn, what kind animals would you have to turn away?

Old 09-22-2012, 04:47 AM   #35
KahiroSamo

Most of the people will likely to be interested to own a wild hunter animal but it is not possible to most of the people as these are banned in the most of the countries like leopard, black cat (wild), .
Most people would say they'd be interested in something like that for the thrill/fear factor of one.

Old 09-22-2012, 05:20 AM   #36
Lolita Palmer

I don't think I could say no to an animal really...No matter how terrified I was. I would rather it go to me and look after it. Otherwise I would feel so guilty if it went to a bad home. As long as I had the facilities and time then I would take anything in.

Old 09-22-2012, 05:48 AM   #37
Ccddfergt

Definitely I would refrain from having snakes, tarantulas or reptiles as pets. They just creep me out because they are uncommon pets.
Spiders in the basement scare me already and now tarantula, 3-4 times their size will make me have a heart attack! LOL

Old 09-22-2012, 06:29 AM   #38
namaikaimvputka

But if it were more pets I dislike and would never buy then rats would be right up on that list, I think the longer I keep snakes the more I see rats as neutrition lol I think keeping a pet rat could make it more difficult for me to feed the snakes without feeling guilty.
I once kept a pet mouse who'd been fed to my corn, but sort of regurgitated, he lived for almost a month quite happily.... that was a bit weird!

Old 09-22-2012, 06:57 AM   #39
Pmeidstc

Personally I would not want to own any exotic pet.
Specially snakes as I have quite a fear with it. I also do not like big spiders as pets.

Old 09-22-2012, 07:06 AM   #40
KahiroSamo

Agreed. Everyone at work dislikes them but they always end up asking tons of questions lol

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
It's because they've been portrayed as animals to fear. They're really animals to respect. Just with anything else really.
Kids are more open about their interest than adults too.

Reply to Thread New Thread