LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-21-2012, 08:25 AM   #1
occurrini

That is sad I feel for her. I just recently had to put my kitty down. He was my first baby. It's heartbreaking when you have to make that choice even if it's the best for your beloved pet. Give her some hugs and let her know she isn't alone.

Old 09-21-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
Goksiodiffeli

When we had to have our rabbit put to sleep, it was an utterly horrible experience. He grew to an amazing seven years of age, and was a boisterous fuzzball of nuttiness, right up until the day we had to have him to the vet. We decided that we would have him cremated, and take his ashes home with us, when they were ready. We didn't buy an urn, I made a special box just for him, and bought some thick velvet, the same colour as his fur. Once his ashes were inside the box, I sewed a thick layer of velvet around it, to seal it. I bought enough to cover the shelving we got for the shrine we put up for him. He sits nestled inside it, wrapped in velvet, with a card tucked neatly behind him.

He might not be running around anymore, but he's still with us. Perhaps she could do something similar for her babies.

Old 09-21-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
bestformaldress23

Aww. I'm so sorry for your friend. Well the best thing you can do is just be there for her. I understand those cats were her babies. That's a huge loss to bear in such a short range of time. If she's feeling depressed (which is understandable) just check on her and try to get her out and about to take her mind off of everything. Maybe set up a girls weekend doing something fun. It's not a fix but it will help her from getting further depressed and lonely.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:06 PM   #4
Dayreive

I feel so bad for your friend. It's my fear that I'll have to face something like this soon myself. I only have one cat but she's my constant companion. She's 16 and I can see how she's beginning to deteriorate. Some days she's more active than others but I can tell she's arthritic and gets cranky from the discomfort.

Your friend is lucky to have you there for her. It doesn't matter if you know exactly what to do or say. Just being there and listening when she needs to talk it a wonderful gift of friendship.

Old 09-21-2012, 06:44 PM   #5
KahiroSamo

The best thing would be to just be there for her. Take her out if she's up for it, keep her busy but also give her a little space too as it is a big thing to lose a pet you consider a big part of your family.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:33 PM   #6
Vezazvqw

That sucks; I had to put one of my kitty cats down a few years ago and I saw a picture of her the other day and got choked up. It was one of the saddest moments I can remember.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:33 AM   #7
chootsonege

I'm sorry to hear this. I'm not married and I don't have kids but I'm still young. Even then, I can be very devastated when I lose my pets. I grieved for a week because I lost a couple of my dogs to Parvo. But it made me see the importance of providing proper pet care for my dogs and what responsible ownership should mean to me.

I hope your friend is okay. I know this may sound insensitive but if she decides to get a new cat, I hope she visits the shelter so she can give a lucky kitty a forever home.

Old 09-22-2012, 01:46 AM   #8
Goksiodiffeli

Effectively, the bottom just fell out of her world. I've seen that before with people on their own, and although there's a period where the even the task of breathing is strenuous, they can come out the other side. It's heartbreak, pure and simple. I've known people suffering similar loss, devote their time when they're able to once again, to foster so that they can help some little lives out, and not be alone.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:16 AM   #9
corriffuniee

Default My friend just had to have her 2 cats euthanized
I feel so bad for her and just don't know what to say to help. She's had 3 cats for 15-17 years. The oldest was almost 17 and had to be put down this past November due to kidney failure. The remaining two have been going downhill ever since, but it had gotten so bad that they were in pain all the time so she finally had to let them go so they wouldn't suffer. She's just so heart-broken now. She's never been married or had children - these three cats were her children - and she's feeling lost.

Reply to Thread New Thread