LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 03-12-2008, 06:47 PM   #1
RogerButton33

Default Dog Fed by Twitter..
This seems crazy!

Full article here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...g-Twitter.html

But basically this guy have designed a contraption whereby his dog gets fed treats based on twitter tweets!

"When a message is sent to @feedtoby it is received by a mini-computer known as a Nanode microcontroller.

This is linked up to little motor taken from a household printer HP Deskjet 500.

When the mini-computer receives the message, the buzzer goes off and Toby comes running over and sits beneath a tube under his feeder contraption.

Then the motor comes to life and pulls open a trap door which releases a serving of food.

The doggy treat then comes dropping down the tube and into Toby's food bowl.

Then a digital camera then takes a photo of him and sends it back to Nat on Twitter - so he knows Toby has been fed."

Old 09-21-2012, 08:45 AM   #2
Soulofpostar

Ha, I bet he loves that! I'd be afraid that if it got too popular, though, then he'd be getting way too many treats. I love that they went through the effort of setting it up to take pictures and send it back to the people.

Old 09-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #3
Filling25

My dog would just jump up and take the whole box down!

Old 09-21-2012, 04:25 PM   #4
Hetgvwic

This is very interesting. I can see my dogs sitting there and waiting. They would never leave. I can see them both being very fat. They would never want to get any exercise other than the exercise that their heart gives them due to a racing heart in anticipation of treats falling. This is very clever and very interesting.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:36 PM   #5
WumibBesowe

I remember hearing about this a few weeks ago. It sounded really interesting and cool at the time. And now that I've seen a picture of this contraption I think it's even crazier. But it's kind of sad that this guy can't be around his dog a lot, the poor thing must be lonely.

Old 09-22-2012, 03:11 AM   #6
Kamepherype

My dog will also just jump and destroy that whole set up to get all the food. Lol
I think that was a cool idea to be used to feed dogs that are left alone because their owners are working. The owners can just tweet when its feeding time so that their dogs will not be left hungry.

Reply to Thread New Thread