LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-21-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
voodoosdv

One of my dogs is the same way. Toby is super territorial and he doesn't like it when other dogs invade his space. It's sometimes very funny to watch him because he's a really tiny dog and he's trying to bark down those twice his size. Daisy, on the other hand, doesn't really care. She'll just ignore the dogs that are passing by. The only time she starts barking is if Toby gets out of hand and then she'd join him.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #2
nasxbrtyol

Default Your dog react with other dogs?
Our "Kulit" seems to be very angry when he will see some dogs passing in our gate. It would not matter to him if its a female or male dog. He seems barking like crazy with circular motion at any dog passing and if he could just go out of our gate it could be a chaos. Lol

How does your dog react with other dogs?

Old 09-21-2012, 04:30 PM   #3
spamkillerf

Tiny is very well behaved and doesn't have this problem. She doesn't get intimidated by others. Instead, she will stand her ground and try to play with them if she can tell we give her the green light. If the other dog tries to be a "loud mouth" and won't stop barking, it's like she's not impressed and hides behind me. I see it as her saying, "You bore me, go away now."

Old 09-21-2012, 08:19 PM   #4
jinnsamys

My dog would react in a similar fashion. Whenever she'd pass another dog it would start out with sniffing and jumping then they'd suddenly start fighting almost and begin barking and sometimes snarling. I think that must be normal for dogs! My Sammy was no fighter though, one time she got attacked by our neighbor's dog and the first thing she did was lay down and put her paws in the air. Instant submission!!

Old 09-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #5
Soulofpostar

One of mine doesn't do well with other dogs. He doesn't attack, but he's obviously very uncomfortable, tail pointed, ears perked, holds his ground, etc. He won't make the first move, but if the other dog is friendly and tries sniffing him, he doesn't like it at all and will start barking or backing up and growling.

The funny thing is, he's the exact opposite with cats. He absolutely loves them and will try to cuddle with any strays that come near him (and he's very snuggly with one of our inside cats). The cats outside will obviously get scared sometimes and try to run off, but more often, he makes new kitty buddies outside, too, and will keep trying until he can get close to any of them. Other dogs, though, he says no thanks!

Old 09-21-2012, 10:47 PM   #6
BamSaitinypap

It seems that Kulit is territorial or dominant excited. Does he fight with these other dogs? I have noticed that we rarely socialize our pets in our country, which is probably why most dogs are only comfortable with their fellow housemates but turn aggressive or excited when they see strangers passing through the gate.

I walk my dog every day and whenever we pass through houses, their dogs would bark excessively. Also, I've noticed that most females are in heat this week so that may also be the reason why Kulit is reacting crazily to others (if this is just happening for the past couple of weeks).

I can hardly walk my lab mix because she's in heat. When she sees a male, she will whine and whimper and the owner of that male will also have a hard time pulling his dog away.

Reply to Thread New Thread