LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-21-2012, 09:04 AM   #1
DoterForeva

Hahaha, that sounds good. I love when they do it; it makes me crack up. Especially when the fat boy does it because he just normally snuggles up somewhere and sleeps.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:04 AM   #2
r7rGOhvd

LOL I know what you mean about the "Zoomies". It happens every now and then at various points in the day. It doesn't last more than 5 minutes though. She runs around like crazy , hunched back, scurrying about and lets' out an awkward cry but then it's over. I feel like it's the wild animal instinctual part of them that just has to "let out the pent up energy". After all our pets are in the house all day everyday...well at least mine is.

Old 09-21-2012, 03:15 PM   #3
xquFzpNw

Default The Zoomies
This is my favourite way to describe that moment when your cat completely loses his/her marbles, and runs about like a squirrel on crack. I'm sure you know what I mean--the odd loud meow they make, the dangling off things, biting and flattening their ears, kicking with their hind quarters, and generally being a little mentalist.

It's cute.

Until it happens at 3am.

Now, Zod is actually really well behaved. He isn't grumpy, he doesn't bite or scratch in anything other than play, and even then it's gentle. He doesn't beg, he comes when I call him, and he climbs down from things when I ask him to. I am beginning to wonder if he has actually a CAT, and not some sort of replicant made to appear like one.

When he's in the throes of 'The Zoomies', there's not an awful lot I can do to stop it, until he gets it out of his system. Does anyone have any tried and tested solutions, that don't involve *heavy sedation?

*Said with tongue firmly in cheek.

Old 09-21-2012, 05:14 PM   #4
draigenia

Easily sorted! get a flag, like a little hand waved flag. Any will do so long as it has the wavy bit. then wave that around, our cats go nuts running after them. It's a good, quick and easy way to wear them out. You can set the speed. they will try to match it, i.e. running around in circles, jumping up, running back and forward.

Best exercise they get and you get some too! (Not that I'm saying you need any. I do however)

Reply to Thread New Thread