LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-21-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
r7rGOhvd

My cat has the same issue! She's eleven now and in good health overall. She has issues with hairballs though so I tried Purina Cat Chow for Indoor Cats with Hairball treatment and she just threw up shortly after. Ironically I had to return back to her regular Purina Cat Chow (in the blue bag). She does fine with that. She seems to handle that food better. I've tried wet food on special occasions and she loves it however her system doesn't do well with that; same issue. She'll usually regurgitate wet food soon after eating.

Old 09-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #2
AntonioXYZ

We feed ours dry food.

We used to feed the oldest wet food and had major issues with her trying to get table scraps, jumping on the table while we were eating, etc, no matter what we did. We finally talked to the vet and she said it was because we were giving her canned food and to switch to dry food.

We did and never looked back. We don't have any issues with her wanting people food at all now.

Old 09-21-2012, 03:27 PM   #3
GogaMegaPiska

I guess I got my cats so used to wet food that they do not want anything to do with dry food. We even got them very expensive dry food, but they will not touch it. The only thing dry that they want to have anything to do with is a treat called "Greenies".

Old 09-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #4
highattainlet

I avoid the wet food because I heard that it is not good for the cat's teeth in the long run. My cat does not mind the dry food at all. Personally, I also think the wet food smells awful. I sometimes will give her a tin of tuna as a treat.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:21 PM   #5
LoveTTatall

Glad to know it's not just me who thinks the dry food method, is a much better and healthier choice for cats. They need so much less than they would with wet food, and his coat is so soft and shiny, he has beautiful bright eyes, and I think the only thing I absolutely hate, is the fact that the little b*gger waits until I'm in the bath, to have a poo. I have the cat litter tray next to our toilet, since he's a housecat.

I am debating trying to teach him to use the loo, but it'll be a long process.

Old 09-22-2012, 01:32 AM   #6
AntonioXYZ

I think the only thing I absolutely hate, is the fact that the little b*gger waits until I'm in the bath, to have a poo.
I have never seen that word censored before, lol.

I have the cat litter tray next to our toilet, since he's a housecat. Couldn't you just shut the door while you're in the bath? He can wait a little while, right?

I am debating trying to teach him to use the loo, but it'll be a long process. I don't think that'll change him coming in and doing his business while you're in the bath, though, lol.

Old 09-22-2012, 01:32 AM   #7
DoterForeva

My cats will eat either but the little girl prefers dry food and the little fat boy likes wet food more. It is so funny because as soon as they hear the can opening they run over to me like a frickin tiger attacking.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:41 AM   #8
HassFks

I like to feed my cat wet food for health reasons. Since my cat had crystals he needs to get more water in his system to avoid the crystals forming. So wet food helps with that!

Old 09-22-2012, 06:02 AM   #9
LoveTTatall

Default Dry VS Wet
I feed my little demon Applaws chicken variety food, which frankly, is absolutely wonderful. He does so well on it, and I freefeed him, so he can go back and get food when he wants to. I find he eats smaller amounts, knowing he doesn't have to keep going back to scoff it all at once in case it goes off.

Almost every single cat I've ever owned, have always thrown up wet food. Sometimes right away after eating, some a little longer after that. I made the decision to stop feeding wet food to cats, ever, unless they couldn't eat anything else. Even then, the dry food can be moistened with just a little bit of warm water, to make it soft enough for even the oldest cat to manage. At least that way, you can control how much water is in there. Some cat foods are sixty percent water, it's ludicrous, and packed with tons of carbs.

What are your food preferences for your cats? Mine will eat poultry based biscuits, but he will turn his nose up at actual poultry, and he isn't even remotely interested in fish. He'll take your face off for cream cheese though, which I only ever let him lick a little bit off my finger.

Reply to Thread New Thread