LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-23-2012, 09:01 AM   #1
outsitWrord

All dogs are individuals and should assessed as such. But the thing is that dogs may get along for the longest time and all of a sudden one day, the world changes as their temperament matures ... maybe their environment changes or perhaps they develop a medical issue.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:01 AM   #2
JAMES PIETERSE

I have an altered male who ONLY gets along with 3 other dogs.. All of these dogs happen to also be neutered males. One of them he's fine with almost all the time and the 2 others (who actually live in the same house) are on-and-off aggressive/passive with..

It's really about the individual dog but you should always be prepared for dog aggression as it's a normal expected part of the breed.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:01 AM   #3
GVsdJZ2H

No, it's not "true", but it's very common that same sex pairs won't get along. However, I have two males (one intact, one neutered) who get along just fine. Actually, my intact males best friend is an intact male Rottweiler. So it really just depends on the dog(s).

Old 09-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #4
clomoll

A lot depends on the dogs personality. But from my experience if 2 dogs have a fight and they are of the same sex, it does tend to be a worse fight than male/female. But not alway the case again.

My Dogo can be very aggressive with other males, but if they are friendly and nonaggressive towards him, he is usually ok, but if they challenge him in any way- a fight will ensue and once he fights with a dog, that is it. He can never be near them again. He will never let it go. He will fight with a female dog too, but she would have to start it. He won't back down just b/c they are female, but he doesn't challenge females like he does males. He will test other males, bump them with his chest, poke them with his muzzle, square off with them to see their reaction. If they drop to the ground and show submission, he will either walk off or play with them depending on his mood. Some of his best friends are males, even intact males. Just depends on the dog.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:01 AM   #5
P3bWjm1j

Also same sex aggression is extremely common in most all dog breeds, though some are more prone to it than others.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:01 AM   #6
Natashasuw

It definitely depends on the dogs, but bull breeds are prone to dog aggression and owners of bull breeds should always be prepared for their dog to mature into a level of dog aggression. I have three APBTs and two different sighthound breeds - Both of my hounds are more dog aggressive than any of my APBTs.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:01 AM   #7
Lorionasodi

Ares, altered male pit and Bandit, altered male jack russell/rat terrier are best friends. They go every where together. No issues with them at all.

Throw in Sadie and Bella, altered female doxie mixes, Sadie is the "mother" of all them even though she is only 3 years. Ares will actually go cuddle to her when he gets in trouble. Bella, who is 6 years old, is the problem child lol. She don't get along with nobody lol. She wants to be left alone to sleepand play when she wants, just the over all grouch of the house.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:01 AM   #8
Quiniacab

bull dogs of either gender can not get along with other dogs. They were bred to have dog aggression. Some dogs will be just fine with other dogs some will be selective some will be dog reactive and other dog will be out right dog aggressive.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:01 AM   #9
hexniks

you should read the stickies on this site you willl learn a lot

Old 10-01-2012, 09:01 AM   #10
boiffrona

That's ass backwards for our house, the boys (one bully breed, other is lab x st bernard) tolerate eachother just fine. They have both gotten into it over piddly stuff with the female on occasion

Old 10-02-2012, 09:01 AM   #11
EmpaccalGah

Default Get along?
Is it true that male pit bulls wont get along with other male dogs? I hear that alot but i dont always knw what to believe knowing that people dont trust pit bulls and they dont even know why.

Reply to Thread New Thread