LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 04-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #1
EspanaCamsInfo

Default Need advice - 9 pit bulls chained to trees in my community
Hi. I am desperately trying to get answers and a rescue in place for 9-11 pit bull dogs chained to trees and old structures in my neighborhood. Animal control has been called repeatedly and although dogs come and go and they have been fined, there are now more dogs chained up. We suspect some sort of criminal activity to say the least, whether it is drug related or "fighting" Animal control claims the last time the dogs were checked (the ones there at the time), there were no apparent signs of any injury, cuts, etc. I contacted Dogs Deserve Better and they believe it is most likely a "protection" for drug related business. Any suggestions out there??? These dogs do deserve better and I can not drive by twice a day and see them in freezing temps and then over 100 in the summer. Never walked, petted, it's sickening...

Old 04-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
Madjostok

I don't know what to suggest If AC won't help, you are kind of stuck. Can you try AC again? Did Dogs Deserve Better say they'd help? Are you sure the dogs aren't cared for? Just because a dog is chained up, doesn't mean the dog is abused.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
Sthjrderfida

Get the media involved. Start petitions and call all news channels.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:58 PM   #4
Sthjrderfida

Oh also take pictures

Old 04-13-2012, 03:03 PM   #5
9mm_fan

What were they fined for? Maybe they corrected it if animal control thought there was no reason to do anything.

Old 04-13-2012, 03:19 PM   #6
DP5Ups8o

why not just mined your business. So what there dogs are chained up. You noticed i said there dogs. If you keep sending animal control and nothing is happening that means the dogs have shelter, water, and food. go hang out on a peta site

Old 04-13-2012, 03:20 PM   #7
paralelogram

Are you sure the dogs aren't cared for? Just because a dog is chained up, doesn't mean the dog is abused.
This. If animal control has been called and they haven't done anything, there might not be anything to do. My neighbor keeps his dog chained up to his shed ALL the time. He never goes in. Do I like it? No. Do I want to take him? Yes. But he's being taken care of and far from abused. Some people just keep their dogs outside. 9-11 is a lot. Is there a law about how many animals you can have where you live?

Old 04-13-2012, 06:23 PM   #8
FEti0TUI

Hi. I am desperately trying to get answers and a rescue in place for 9-11 pit bull dogs chained to trees and old structures in my neighborhood. Animal control has been called repeatedly and although dogs come and go and they have been fined, there are now more dogs chained up. We suspect some sort of criminal activity to say the least, whether it is drug related or "fighting" Animal control claims the last time the dogs were checked (the ones there at the time), there were no apparent signs of any injury, cuts, etc. I contacted Dogs Deserve Better and they believe it is most likely a "protection" for drug related business. Any suggestions out there??? These dogs do deserve better and I can not drive by twice a day and see them in freezing temps and then over 100 in the summer. Never walked, petted, it's sickening...
What's sickening is your dumbass assumptions and baseless accusations of the people. Apparently if animal control has been there and left they are satisfied the dogs are being taken care of well enough. It's people like you that destroy people's lives for no reason with your bullshit and ignorant beliefs that dogs are people.

Don't even get me started on the dogs deserve better kooks!

Get a life and leave the people alone.

Oh and to any of you who agree with this tree hugging turd, well you're part of the problem in today's world with these dogs.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:34 PM   #9
ENGINESSQ

So the dogs have no injuries, and obviously they're getting food and shelter, or AC would have said otherwise. WTF is the problem? They're DOGS, not people in furry little suits for god's sake. DOGS can handle being outside.

And dogs being on chains DOES NOT mean criminal activity.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #10
wrardymar

I'm sort of inclined to agree with the whole "mind your own business" type thing. If the dogs aren't emaciated/injured/sick and have adequate shelter/water 24/7 and are fed, then what exactly is wrong?

Old 04-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #11
googlopharm

Pit Bulls make horrible "protection"/(guard) dogs. How do you know they aren't walked, petted, or played with? Have you staked-out this location for long periods of time? You are stalking and harassing these people, who are properly containing their dogs, using appropriate equipment.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:44 PM   #12
yatrahnualenu

I AM a so-called tree-hugger, but in this situations, where AC/HS has been out already, one of two things is happening right now: The dogs have been found to be well cared for, or law-enforcement is already staking the place out as part of an investigation. Unless there are obvious signs of neglect as in: starving without shelter, water, or food... the dogs are fine. BTW.. most sled dogs just sit on a chain without much petting. Nobody complains about that.
So... you did your part. If you want to, take pictures ... IF there are prolonged times where the animals are without those three basic needs. Even IF these dogs are used in dog-matching, an arrest can only be made when they are caught in the act. So... sitting on a chain won't prove anything.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:05 PM   #13
paralelogram

Oh also take pictures
Im not sure how they are coming to the conclusion that these dogs have anything to do with "drug businesses" (and I really doubt that's what these dogs are being "used" for) but I wouldn't suggest going on their property to take pictures of their dogs. Or even stopping in the street to take pictures. If you really think these people are "bad news" or whatever, just stay away. These dogs are properly contained and arent roaming your steets, so why does it matter to you?

Old 04-13-2012, 10:19 PM   #14
ExelePlavisseu

Oh my.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:37 PM   #15
bashansasasasa

**going out right now to get my dog off her chain so nobody finds the mobile meth lab in the trunk of my car**

Sometimes there is a reason people chain. My sweetie is capable of breaking out of any fence, does not give a shit if you elecrtify it (I have cattle, just ran a loop around the chain link) She manages to break every teather, get out of any crate..... So as much as I hate the look of the darling baby on her chain with heavy connections that are welded together, It is the only option that works if she is going to be outside.

So the chains by themselves are not evil.

However, multiple dogs, constantly changing, injured dogs, unsanitary conditions, lack oh housing and clean water.... Those are a problem. That is what you can document and turn over.

Involving animal rights groups may create a situation that destroys any investigation that may already be in progress. The drug investigation or fighting investigation takes months to get evidence. The police want enough good hard evidence to convict.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:56 PM   #16
Sthjrderfida

Im not sure how they are coming to the conclusion that these dogs have anything to do with "drug businesses" (and I really doubt that's what these dogs are being "used" for) but I wouldn't suggest going on their property to take pictures of their dogs. Or even stopping in the street to take pictures. If you really think these people are "bad news" or whatever, just stay away. These dogs are properly contained and arent roaming your steets, so why does it matter to you?
Yeah I barely read the thread lol

Old 04-14-2012, 12:28 AM   #17
9mm_fan

We suspect some sort of criminal activity to say the least, whether it is drug related or "fighting" they believe it is most likely a "protection" for drug related business.
Ok since they are not here anymore anyway this was what I would of asked next.
Who is "we" ? You and the nosy Mrs. Kravits across the street?
And the next line about protection for a drug business is just ridiculous.
I can not stand nosy people who butt into peoples lives.
Unless a crime is being committed against a child mind your own business.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:31 AM   #18
PefeFoesk

Ya know what, I've got a yard full of scarred up dogs that are outside in all weather too. They're not fat. I don't throw a whole lot of affection their way. You won't see me standing in my yard all that often playing with dogs. I come and go at all hours of the night with a trailer load of dogs. I've had animal control called on me too and had to put up with all their bullshit until one of the AC officers said enough is enough I'm not coming back out here. I had to threaten a lawsuit against the bitch that was calling on me. I'm not a dog fighter, a drug dealer or any other kind of criminal. I'm a family man and a three deployment veteran, and a dog hunter and I hope to just be left alone. Somebody like you came closer than what is comfortable to getting my dogs, and essentially my family's way of life taken. If the right officer on the right day had found a so much as a dirty water bucket they could have been gone. Mind your own damn business and leave people alone. Nobody needs your hysterical handwringing bullshit. Apparently Dogs Deserve Better can kiss my ass too.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:46 AM   #19
Hmwmzian

Ya know what, I've got a yard full of scarred up dogs that are outside in all weather too. They're not fat. I don't throw a whole lot of affection their way. You won't see me standing in my yard all that often playing with dogs. I come and go at all hours of the night with a trailer load of dogs. I've had animal control called on me too and had to put up with all their bullshit until one of the AC officers said enough is enough I'm not coming back out here. I had to threaten a lawsuit against the bitch that was calling on me. I'm not a dog fighter, a drug dealer or any other kind of criminal. I'm a family man and a three deployment veteran, and a dog hunter and I hope to just be left alone. Somebody like you came closer than what is comfortable to getting my dogs, and essentially my family's way of life taken. If the right officer on the right day had found a so much as a dirty water bucket they could have been gone. Mind your own damn business and leave people alone. Nobody needs your hysterical handwringing bullshit. Apparently Dogs Deserve Better can kiss my ass too.
*applauds!* That is well said. PETA people need to get a fucking life

Old 04-14-2012, 04:15 AM   #20
RLRWai4B

I don't know whether the dogs are well cared for or not.

But it amazes me how quickly individuals and organizations label people "dog fighters" or "drug dealers" because they have tethered pit bulls.

While I'm a hippy that thinks my pet bull belongs on the couch under the blankets with me, the first thought that jumps into my head when I see a tethered pit bull type is NOT; DOG FIGHTER!

I remember when we were taking agility classes with a well known AAC judge. There were a few hardcore competitors (the BC, Kelpie type) with a class before my private for my two dogs. We had an hour private, I ran one dog for 10 minutes than switched up. It became apparent after Hades ripped through three leashes attached to a large shady tree, that we needed a new plan. I refused to put him in the truck, way to hot, so my solution was a chain. Actually an old tow chain my dad had lying around (because I don't tether my dog at home).

The looks I got could kill. Later I read about people using chains on pit bulls on a dog forum and I recognized one of the posters as a student of the same trainer. Seriously?

If a dog was truly suffering, I mean in desperate need of medical attention, I would probably call AC. If the dog needed food or water, in all honesty, I'd probably just feed it myself (I'm a big ole hippy like that).

But whether you do anything about the dogs or not, what astounds me is how quick people are to judge and label others. What proof or evidence do you have to support that the owners are dog fighters or drug dealers? Just that they have multiple pit bulls tethered? Is that really it?

Reply to Thread New Thread