LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-04-2012, 03:05 AM   #1
WaicurtaitfuT

Default For the Love of Dog
I was hoping I could get some help. I am looking to make a dog based site giving information about the real dog. Starting with Fido V.S. Lassie And moving on with behavior and reasons why today's dog is in danger. I also want to touch bases on training, the difference in a working dog and a Pet dog and gender differences. I'd love to add information about why pet dogs should be spayed/neutered and any other information that would be useful listed.

Right now this is just an idea. If I can gather the right information and get some help; I'd love to put my idea into effect as a way to not only save the world from BSL, but all breeds alike.

People have forgotten what a dog is. They treat them as their own child and cuddle them till they puke. The problem with this is when Fido gets enough and bites; he is instantly put down and called human aggressive. When truth be told, the dog was probably giving several signs to start with to tell their owners to stop and they ignored it and the result was the last resort of biting.

I also believe that setting up a site like this and doing the research and gathering the materials will help me with me Dog Behavior studies.

So shoot away and let me know what you think. You can also give me advise and links to information that will help. ^^

Old 09-04-2012, 03:09 AM   #2
flowersnewaho

No offense intended, these are real questions...

But what makes your idea different than the hundreds of other websites out there just like this? Why would I want to visit yours over the other sites that have been around longer and used by thousands if not hundreds of thousands of people?

Old 09-04-2012, 03:16 AM   #3
WaicurtaitfuT

A lot of sites give false information, are breed generalized or only speaks about training. I want one that will give correct information and isn't breed centered. I mean, what more do you want? Something Flashy???

I have been on sites for hours reading and I have been on sites seconds and left. Its a matter of what type of information is provided. A site that gives all the information needed in one place would more than likely give way for people coming back to it rather then leaving to find another site to answer their questions.

Why do people come to PBC rather then PBF? or vise versa; its a matter of their interest and experience.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:25 AM   #4
flowersnewaho

I joined PBC because it had more members than similar pit bull forums I looked into joining. That's literally why.. Which brings me back to my original question.

I just don't think it would get a lot of use because people that want to know about specific breeds will go to specific breed websites. I don't know or care about the health and behaviors of say Springer Spaniels so I don't seek it out. I seek out breed-specific information from people that have dedicated their LIVES to learning and teaching all their is to know about specific breeds.

Don't get me wrong, it's an interesting idea, but I'm sure all those websites started out with the same ideas.. And most of them don't stay afloat because there are literally too many out there.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:38 AM   #5
WaicurtaitfuT

Well thanks for shattering my idea. I was really looking forward to letting it be at least a learning experience. All I asked for was help and information, not to be shattered. Really thanks. D:

Old 09-04-2012, 03:39 AM   #6
grosqueneen

I say you go for it!!!!!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Old 09-04-2012, 03:53 AM   #7
flowersnewaho

Lol shattered? Really?? Being a little melodramatic aren't we? You're gonna do what you're gonna do regardless of what I say.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:58 AM   #8
WaicurtaitfuT

Whats the point with no support? Your right; If you find the Idea stupid then it probably wouldn't work anyways.

Old 09-04-2012, 04:02 AM   #9
flowersnewaho

If I didn't say it, someone else would have. I said it's a good idea but if you can't handle a little criticism, how are you planning on running a website that will touch on controversial topics? You asked about what thoughts on your idea were.. I gave mine.

If this was "give me only positive feedback and agree with everything I want to do" then maybe it should have been posted in another way.

Old 09-04-2012, 04:06 AM   #10
ExelePlavisseu

lol!

Old 09-04-2012, 04:49 AM   #11
WaicurtaitfuT

I can take criticism. But if all you are going to say is "good idea but who cares" then it isnt worth typing. Yes I hate negative people who jump the gun. But I never asked if I should make a site. I asked for information and advise.

I be on the phone.

Old 09-04-2012, 05:01 AM   #12
flowersnewaho

Why don't you stop trying to "read between the lines" and take my comments at face value. No need to add your own "spin" on what I said or put words in my mouth. Thanks.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:01 AM   #13
aceriscoolon

No offense intended, these are real questions...

But what makes your idea different than the hundreds of other websites out there just like this? Why would I want to visit yours over the other sites that have been around longer and used by thousands if not hundreds of thousands of people?
Lovepup, I see this as positive feedback. I see it as a challenge to make your site stand out from all the others, make people want to visit yours instead. I thought it was constructive and was meant to spark some thoughts, not intended to discourage you

Old 09-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #14
Soolfelpecelf

People have forgotten what a dog is. They treat them as their own child and cuddle them till they puke.
I am getting away from what you are looking for and going to take this statement a little further....

"People have forgotten what dog is"...absolutely true, and the way I see it after a few decades of observing dogs and people, I believe the "citification" of dogs is the main problem and really, one can only go so far in getting back to what a dog truly is as long as this phenomenon goes on -- and it will.

Too much confinement, too little room to run and play away from any kind of tethering/leashing; and isolation from other dogs (social isolation) lead to problems that just aren't going to be fixed in any meaningful way. Dogs have to adapt to this life of confinement and isolation -- that's just the way it is and why so many breeds are problematic in a lot of today's lifestyles and why in general we will continue to have problems that can't be "fixed". People think they have a "right" to a dog, no matter how artificial a life the dog has to lead.

Carla

Reply to Thread New Thread