LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-23-2012, 09:01 AM   #21
Teareerah

What's wrong with breeding 2 beautiful pits?

Old 09-23-2012, 09:01 AM   #22
Teareerah

I didn't come in here looking to breed my male dog. I wanted a little companion for him and it turned into let's gang up on the new guy that want to breed his dog. if they breed they breed. But the point is not "going into it for all the wrong reason's".. Just because some have an unbalanced dog doesn't mean everybody will have the same fate. I've owned a few pits and im not all that new to this. I understand the health issues and the temperament issues, but every dog isn't cut from the same cookie cutter.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:01 AM   #23
isogeople

I kind of figured you planned on breeding

Old 09-24-2012, 09:01 AM   #24
PIORARMADDERI

BAHAHAHAHA what's wrong with breeding two beautiful pits? Because that's not a good reason to breed them!

1. Is your dog Simba papered? If so, have you shown her and proven that she is up to the standard with a Champion Title?
2. Do you do sports like weight pull, agility, fly ball, etc? Another great way to PROVE your PAPERED dog is worth breeding.
3. Are you going to health test your dog and spend the money to make sure she has NO genetic disorders or problems physically and mentally?
3. YOUR DOG IS A PUPPY so of course he LOVES every other dog. My dog just turned two in August and is finally showing signs of Dog Aggression despite being 100% well socialized as a puppy.

You puppy isn't even a year old and you're already thinking of breeding her "because she's beautiful"... shame on you.

Also... You're saying that a dog who is dog aggressive is unbalanced? HAHAHA again. You do realize pitbulls tend to be a dog aggressive breed by standard and nature just like guardian breeds like German Shepards tend to be stranger and human aggressive? You have A LOT of research to do. A well balanced American Pit Bull Terrier will indeed show some sign of dog aggression and will love the shit out of humans including every stranger they meet.

Breeding blue dogs is tricky business, a lot of health problems arise when breeding blue dogs and not knowing what your doing. Blue is not a standard APBT color. It is an American Staffordshire and American Bully color in 99.9% of cases. Therefore in order to find a Blue bitch and breed it to your Red stud you would be intentionally breeding MUTT or MIXED puppies as they would be APBT X Am. Staff or APBT X Am. Bully. Assuming both dogs are papered.

Also when buying a pitbull who is registered with the UKC, check the lines because American Bullies can be registered as American Pitbulls through the UKC and lines can get crossed up and you end up with a UKC registered mutt or mix.

All in all, a reputable breed will NOT just happily sell a puppy to you with breeding rights. They will either 1. Sell the puppy to you with limited registration and a spay/neuter contract or 2. Co-own the dog with you until you have shown the dog to a certain amount of Points or to Champion level, then they will only allow you to breed that dog with an approved stud/bitch of their choice in order to preserve the quality of the dog's lines and in the best attempt to better the breed.

That's all I have for now.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #25
E4qC1qQ5

Tip 1. Do not buy mutts off of craigslist, there is no such thing as a feisty bloodline that I have ever heard of, so unless they are breeding feists with their dogs its a load of crap. OYu won't find a reliable breeder on craigslist.
2nd. You are not looking for an APBT, from the picture you posted you are looking for an AmBully.
3rd. If your "red nose" pup happens to be a "pit bull" then he does not need a companion. That is ridiculous. If I were to get my male a playmate, he would either kill it or die trying.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #26
JulietOreira

What's wrong with owning a spayed dog?. I hope you don't want to breed.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #27
flowersnewaho

Oh this thread will be interesting..

Just how do you expect to become a breeder yourself when you don't even know about a "pit bull's" temperament and propensities nor how to find a responsible breeder.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #28
flowersnewaho

Because you're breeding for all the wrong reasons. Breeding is ONLY acceptable when both parents have been proven and thoroughly health tested, as well as knowing the pedigrees of each so that you have more of a basis for what temperaments and health will be like for future puppies, since puppies can take traits from further back than just parents.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:01 AM   #29
flowersnewaho

Please read these threads:

So, You Want To Breed Your Female?

Health Testing... Doesn't Mean Just a Yearly Vet Check

Are You A Backyard Breeder?

Recognizing An Unethical Breeder

A Responsible breeder will...

Points To Consider Before Breeding Your Dog

Breeder Code of Ethics

Old 09-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #30
isogeople

Please Please PLEASE read the "Sticky Threads" (threads at the top) ... Pit Bull Breeder Discussion

Old 09-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #31
Teareerah

Oh this thread will be interesting..

Just how do you expect to become a breeder yourself when you don't even know about a "pit bull's" temperament and propensities nor how to find a responsible breeder.
Let me guess, your gonna come and tell me how i shouldn't be breeding my dog because i know nothing about the breed. Now let me ask you, were you born walking?

There seems to be a trend going around with people on these sites. Some think they know it all and have nothing positive to say. Im gonna ask that if you can't say anything positive please don't waste your time. If i came here asking for advice Im not asking to get treated like a *&$& child.

If I wanna breed my dogs that's my business. I pay my vet bills...

Im sure there are many people on here afraid to ask a valid question because they are afraid of people like this that are gonna take a perfectly valid thread and turn it into something else. I thought the point of a forum was to discuss and help people out, not push them away by making them feel like they made a mistake by asking a question.

I understand there are irresponsible breeders out there but you can't expect everyone who want to breed their dog to be like everybody else.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #32
isogeople

You want information, so start with the links we provided. They should help answer your questions.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:01 AM   #33
Poowssnople

If a dog isn't registered or otherwise pedigreed, and proven in some arena of show or sport, it should not be bred.

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

There are enough "just pets" dogs dying in shelters every day for you to be breeding your PET dogs. Breeding should only be done for a specific purpose.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:01 AM   #34
isogeople

My best suggestion would be to try and find the dog you're looking for ... in foster care awaiting adoption. Look for a dog that has proven itself to get along with other dogs. Often, foster dogs are vetted, UTD on shots and may have some training.

See, the thing is with a puppy from a breeder ... you never know how a puppy is going to turn out and like 6pack1%er mentioned, often these dogs are dog aggressive.

If you don't know of pit bull rescues and fosters in your area, this link may help locate one near you: Pit Bull Rescue Central

Old 09-29-2012, 09:01 AM   #35
ExelePlavisseu

yeah, youre still looking for a bully. look up ABKC. theres different classes.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:01 AM   #36
PIORARMADDERI

And also, you're right. Your dogs, your vet bills, your business.
But guess what, as advocates for the breed and responsible ownership we are NOT going to support someone wanting to come and breed their unpapered and unproven dogs just because they're "pretty".

The world of "pitbulls" is overpopulated with backyard bred mutts that are dying in shelters everyday because of BSL and discrimination because over the years their popularity has brought an uprising in poorly bred and unstable [HUMAN aggressive] "pitbulls" who are actually more than likely a mix of 2 or MORE breeds because people don't have pedigrees and think it's okay to mix am staffs with pitbulls with am bullys with mastiffs with great danes with who the hell knows what.

So no, sorry we don't support you and you won't get advice for breeding. If you are really wanting to become a breeder then fix Simba because he is probably not papered and talk to a REAL reputable breeder about wanting to be mentored and get involved with showing in the conformation ring, and pick some sports.

If you "don't have time for that shit" or "just want to breed one litter from Simba and my female" then breeding is NOT for you.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:01 AM   #37
Teareerah

3rd. If your "red nose" pup happens to be a "pit bull" then he does not need a companion. That is ridiculous. If I were to get my male a playmate, he would either kill it or die trying.
What's ridiculous about getting my dog a companion? Simba was a total gentleman with little Karma. He watched over her as if she were his baby sister. Lot's of licking and cuddling. Simba is a very social dog unlike some un balanced once I've seen. He's very gentle and affectionate. I work with him everyday and he's very obedient.

About the CL breeders. I am a bit concerned about buying a pup from CL. It is why i'd rather go with a reputable breeder whom I can trust. I've never been through the process and would like to go in with a headsup..

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

My best suggestion would be to try and find the dog you're looking for ... in foster care awaiting adoption. Look for a dog that has proven itself to get along with other dogs. Often, foster dogs are vetted, UTD on shots and may have some training.

See, the thing is with a puppy from a breeder ... you never know how a puppy is going to turn out and like 6pack1%er mentioned, often these dogs are dog aggressive.

If you don't know of pit bull rescues and fosters in your area, this link may help locate one near you: Pit Bull Rescue Central
I will highly concider this option. Thanks for the link...

Old 09-30-2012, 09:01 AM   #38
isogeople

Sometimes DA doesn't "turn on" until pit bulls are 3 to even 4 years old. The way Simba is now may not be the way he will turn out to be later.

What have you got against adopting a young dog if it's what you're looking for ??

Old 09-30-2012, 09:01 AM   #39
Teareerah

Sometimes DA doesn't "turn on" until pit bulls are 3 to even 4 years old. The way Simba is now may not be the way he will turn out to be later.

What have you got against adopting a young dog if it's what you're looking for ??
I don't mind aslong as they are not spayed.... Most of the rescues are spayed...

Old 10-01-2012, 09:01 AM   #40
Teareerah

Default How do I find the right breeder?
Im the proud owner of an almost 4mo red nose handsome pitbull name Symba... He was a Xmas gift from my beautiful wife and i couldn't be more grateful. He's a total blessing i tell you. My cousin recently bought a beautiful baby pit named Karma. He also has a 5 month old brindle named Backwood. We had a very nice weekend out with the dogs and they had a blast playing and running around like crazy at the park. We decided to pick a nice open area to let them run around since Dogparks are out of the question for us. I don't know who had more fun, them or us for being in the presences of this awesome breed. We brought lot's of toys and water since we knew they'd need it.

As it was time to go home, I noticed Symba was weeping as if he didn't want the fun to stop. He stayed so sad looking and i knew he needs a little companion. It was then i decided that he need a little companion. Symba has the house training thing down packed so I can take another one now.

My thing is that i want a specific look. I want an all solid blue female, not a bully, and taller then the average. In a nutshell, I want a solid blue version of Symba.
I personally don't like the short bully type of pit. Im more into a taller, still beefy look with light eyes. No offence to the bully breed, just my preference. I been looking at my local breeders and all I seem to see is bullies.

My questions are:

If I decide to purchase from someone out of state, how does the delivery thing work?

How much am i expecting to pay for what Im looking for?

Here is a pic of a breed Im looking for. The ad on CL said it was a Fiesty bloodline. I just couldn't find anything on google about this bloodline. Any suggestions?

Also if someone can walk me through the purchase process from a breeder I'd appreciate it. Im sure there are does and don'ts.

Here are few pics of our doggy day at the park.

Reply to Thread New Thread