LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 10-27-2010, 05:55 AM   #1
AbeldeldepBug

Default Not to stir the pot about the "Gator Myth" but...
Ok, I had a thought on this and the origin of where the term "gator pit" came from...I will try to make some sense of this.

Yes, "gator pits" seems to be a term just thrown around where anyone would like. But this seems like the same thing with Dobermanns with the "Warlock Doberman".

Given that Zion posted a ped with a dog NAMED Alligator this seems like a reasonable hypothesis.

Borong's Warlock was a standard sized Doberman Pinscher. He was a Ch. that was so popular, many people sought to breed their bitches to him. This is where the "Warlock line" came from. Now, because he was so popular, EVERYONE bred to him, including BYBs. Because of this, you are now seeing poorly bred dogs. Nowadays, "Warlock Doberman" means grossly oversized dogs that are no longer Dobermans.

My point in saying all this is that a dog named Alligator, or Gator, what have you, may have been a popular dog that the same thing happened to. It was cool to have a dog out of "gator" and then it morphed into this ugly oversized BYB dog. Same with "Dagger" and "Eddington" lines. Though god knows where those monstrosities came from.

Here is an example of the Dobermans I was talking about. May not necessarily be "Warlock" but what they "look like".

Roxann here stands at 33" and weighs 160lbs. Yes I know she is grossly overweight.

And a standard sized Dobermann with me. I am 5'3. Silence stands 28" and weighs 85lbs.

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

P.S. please do not get this thread closed by name calling.

Old 10-27-2010, 05:56 AM   #2
DownloadADOBEsoftware

the pot is stired..no.. j/k.

that is a big ass dobe though

Old 10-27-2010, 06:01 AM   #3
AbeldeldepBug

It makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit. No Dobe should be over 100lbs regardless of lines. Period.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:03 AM   #4
DownloadADOBEsoftware

lol.i always wanted a dobe...and I plan on getting one when i have the space..beautiful dogs

Old 10-27-2010, 06:40 AM   #5
Loopyjr

Yikes! That is one FAT dog!
I agree that this may be where the name originated (with the dog named "Alligator"), but it has been so vastly overused by bybs to make breed-uneducated people think these dogs are "special" that its hard to tell. This is probably the case with the "rare" blue "pit bulls" hahaha

Old 10-27-2010, 06:59 AM   #6
cwgwowcom

There are/were many notable bulldogs named "Gator"/"Alligator". But as to what it really describes these days? Who knows.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:03 AM   #7
PPActionnGuys

Imo I see Gator used with Bully lines alot in bybing

Old 10-27-2010, 07:07 AM   #8
DownloadADOBEsoftware

we've been over that already..you werent present???

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

guess not,didnt see you reply on the thread.its in this section though...

Old 10-27-2010, 07:09 AM   #9
Vulkanevsel

It's just like with BYB crossing an APBT with American Bulldog or Mastiff to get a bigger "APBT" with a bigger head and selling them as "APBT"....drives me crazy. It's happening a lot here in Phoenix, Az. It makes me sad because so many people don't know what a true APBT looks like anymore.

That and what was said earlier "rare blue pits" hahahahaha

Or better yet, what about those new "pocket" pits? Poor things must have such problems with their joints....

Sorry, a little off topic....but it just gets my blood boiling.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:15 AM   #10
PPActionnGuys

I read it and my opinion STILL stands..obviously for good reason.
---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

people know there were two game dogs GATOR and ALLIGATOR BUT the term is loose and vomited all over the place like a bad nights take out. there is NO line of gator mouth, there are NO such dogs as GATOR mouths or even gator pits...it is a marketed word used to SELL dogs and usually they are BULLIES

Old 10-27-2010, 07:18 AM   #11
DownloadADOBEsoftware

before they were watered down they were gator bloodline pit bulls...not am bullys...effin pit bulls...but lets not get into it,they may close the thread again

Old 10-27-2010, 07:34 AM   #12
sPncEjF7

before they were watered down they were gator bloodline pit bulls...not am bullys...effin pit bulls...but lets not get into it,they may close the thread again
WTF do you mean? the bloodline was called Gator or did the dogs came from the same Bloodlines as gator? You make me so effin confused, explain, and was it a rare blue nose as well?

Old 10-27-2010, 07:40 AM   #13
DownloadADOBEsoftware

hmm?? no your confusing me.
o ok i get it.had to reread..yea there were two dogs that produced offspring that can be considered gator,as long as another breed or bloodline wasnt introduced they were truly from the gator bloodline..i forget them by heart..something like plumber alligator and crenshaw gator..that may be it..
they were champion dogs..although crenshaw came off the jeep bloodline,they carried his offspring as from the gator bloodline

so now the bloodline is watered down,other breeds were introduced to that bloodline,the gator bloodline isnt true anymore

Old 10-27-2010, 07:41 AM   #14
PPActionnGuys

as I said there were dogs NAMED gator and Alligator BUT those are NOT lines..those are just names. that doesn't make them Alligator pits/ gator pits.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:42 AM   #15
sPncEjF7

hmm?? no your confusing me.
o ok i get it.had to reread..yea there were two dogs that produced offspring that can be considered gator,as long as another breed or bloodline wasnt introduced they were truly from the gator bloodline..i forget them by heart..something like plumber alligator and crenshaw gator..that may be it..
they were champion dogs..although crenshaw came off the jeep bloodline,they carried his offspring as from the gator bloodline

so now the bloodline is watered down,other breeds were introduced to that bloodline,the gator bloodline isnt true anymore
So wouldnt that make them a Jeep bloodline instead of a Gator bloodline or did they create the gator bloodline out of the jeep bloodline?

Old 10-27-2010, 07:45 AM   #16
DownloadADOBEsoftware

So wouldnt that make them a Jeep bloodline instead of a Gator bloodline or did they create the gator bloodline out of the jeep bloodline?
the gator came out of the jeep..i thought about why they didnt just call them jeep,but i guess they wanted to keep the name,not sure how that worked out..but i know crenshaw was of jeep bloodline

Old 10-27-2010, 07:46 AM   #17
sPncEjF7

the gator came out of the jeep..i thought about why they didnt just call them jeep,but i guess they wanted to keep the name,not sure how that worked out..but i know crenshaw was of jeep bloodline
Who exaclty kept the name? the creater of the Jeep bloodline?

Old 10-27-2010, 07:49 AM   #18
DownloadADOBEsoftware

dont know i didnt talk to him..just shit i researched.

---------- Post added at 01:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

assuming whoever bred crenshaw and plumbers kept the name

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

the first answer wus just me being a smartass

Old 10-27-2010, 08:02 AM   #19
sPncEjF7

So when people refure to "Gator" bloodline there are actually refurring that it is a Jeep bloodline?

Old 10-27-2010, 08:06 AM   #20
Loopyjr

assuming whoever bred crenshaw and plumbers kept the name
Crenshaw is the last name of the breeder, James Crenshaw. Technically, Jeep's owner was James Garrett, but since Jeep was out of Crenshaw's Honeybunch, he kept the breeder name. Jeep is referred to, on many pedigrees, as CH Crenshaw's (Garrett's) Jeep (4XW) ROM

Reply to Thread New Thread