LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 07-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #1
celddiskend

Default Has anyone else noticed a change for the better?
Kahne comes to work with me at the store everyday and in the past few months I have really noticed a change in the way people view him and "pit bulls" in general. Dont get me wrong I still get some rude looks and comments but its starting to seem like so many more people are starting to see its not the dog its the handler. I even had a 12ish year old boy come in ahwile back he saw kahne sleeping on this bed and light up like a christmas tree. I started talking to the little boy well he was petting kahne and he told me "Pit bulls are such great dogs when I grow up Im going to get my own rescued pit bull and he will be my best friend" I live in MA we do not have a big stray/feral dog problem here and I would like to say that we have many big rescues here like ARL and MSPCA who are big pit bull supporters maybe its helping change the views of pit bulls. Has anyone else noticed a change in how people view there dogs?

Old 07-02-2012, 09:38 PM   #2
BrifsGefel

when i got Akirah, my mom was pretty unsure about it her because she was a "pit bull", but after owning her and what a wonderful dog she was, she knows what great dogs they can be. It also changed my grandma's perspective on them too! Now that I have Luna, my husbands dad is totally in love with her, I still havent had the nerve yet to tell him what she is, because he's anti-pit bull, so I'm waiting for Luna to get older and him figure it out, or eventually just tell him what she is, but I'll let him get more attached to her first so when I break the news to him he'll feel silly and see what I've been telling him all this time!

Old 07-03-2012, 12:22 AM   #3
97dYA9L3

You know, I have been getting Diesel out more now that he has had his complete round of shots, and I have been pleasantly surprised also. For every dumbass that looks at me like I am holding a loaded weapon in my hand, there are 10 more that compliments us, with a welcoming smile

Old 07-03-2012, 12:38 AM   #4
h0ldem

I actually live in an area that's pretty accepting of different dogs. Honestly, only people I don't know (online) have a problem with pit bulls.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:36 AM   #5
MineOffedOvex

your boy is really cute!
people here love pit bulls but for the wrong reasons...im surrounded by many dumbasses in this town O_o
but i see about half and half responses to pit bulls. i made my grandparents and many other people love em though

Old 08-02-2012, 05:57 PM   #6
lzwha

Unfortunately, where I live there are a lot of people who think dog fighting is cool. And just having a "mean" dog is cool and I see many pit pit/mixes tied up and quite neglected in peoples yards. There is a good deal of bad breeding for a quick buck. And this mentality leads to untrained, uncontrolled, unwanted and abandoned dogs. Also in town there are problems occasionally with packs of loose dogs too - often pits and pit mixes. I'm sure this is where Sadie came from, probably the last of a litter that they couldn't sell and she was abandoned by the side of the road. I've never had a pit before and wasn't aware that it is such a big problem here. Our friend who found Sadie said she wouldn't take her to the pound or even the humane society because they would likely put her down right away because she is a pit. When I took her to the vet they told us to put on her dog license that she was a terrier mix, not to even mention that she is any kind of pit or pit mix. That's too bad because she certainly has a sweet temper and I've known other pits that are just wonderful dogs, but of course that is because they were raised by loving and responsible owners.

Old 08-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #7
desmond001

We always get quite a mix of reactions from people when we take our dogs out. We get some that get as far away from them as possible. Then we get the ones that come up to us and completely love our dogs. My favorite though was a woman who came up to me and told me that they made her nervous but she knew that it was the people who owned them not the dog. She then asked if she could just hang around and get more comfortable with our dogs. So we just started chatting and next thing I knew she was petting my 3 year old while we were talking. Before she left she was kneeling down loving on him like we do It was so great to see. In our area we also have a lot of idiots who think dog fighting is ok. But I feel that is why it is so important to help people see that these dogs really can be wonderful family pets.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #8
geaveheadeNox

I actually live in an area that's pretty accepting of different dogs.
x2. I've had my share of nasty looks and a few comments, but for the most part people around here are pretty accepting of my two.

Reply to Thread New Thread