LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-31-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
temansertewek

Default dog throwing up?
alright so violet has gotten over her kennel cough and is now just doing a reverse sneezing thing according to vets.. but today she started throwing up like she is still eating and drinking and using the restroom but she is throwing up also.. one was like water and the beef jerky my wife fed her when i wasnt looking the other had alot of dog food and white stuff in it

Old 01-31-2012, 08:56 PM   #2
Nundduedola

She may need to go back to the vet. Sounds like she has picked up something else. Or it could be the beef jerky. But with her just being sick I'd say better safe than sorry

Old 01-31-2012, 09:02 PM   #3
MeatteCen

Call the vet and let them know. I agree that it could be the beef jerky. It could have upset her stomach, but with her having been sick, I would at least call the vet.

Oh, I'm going to move your thread to the Health section, you'll get more responses there.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:57 PM   #4
Blolover11

Yep, you really need to call the vet first thing.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:07 PM   #5
temansertewek

i already did what they told me was to take food away for 6 hours and then slowly introduce it back and for someone to be home at all times to watch her

Old 01-31-2012, 10:13 PM   #6
MeatteCen

With stomach issues, I'd go easy with food.... instead try some boiled chicken and rice and see how she keeps that down. Only give a small amount, then after about an hour, if no sickness, give some more.

**Also, just a heads up for anyone that has a new young (or older) dog that they may not be aware of.... keep some solid pumpkin in the cabinet for diarrhea. Not the pie mix, but the 100% solid pumpkin. Once you open the can, you can spoon the remainder in an ice cube tray and freeze it. Once frozen, pop it out into a ziploc bag and keep in the freezer. Then you have perfect size helpings for when your pup gets diarrhea. Just give her the pumpkin and nothing else (for diarrhea). It usually clears up within 24 hours. It's also good for constipation as well as cats... helps them pass hair balls rather than hock them up.

Old 01-31-2012, 11:54 PM   #7
h0ldem

How long after eating is she throwing up?

Old 02-01-2012, 05:03 AM   #8
temansertewek

she hasnt thrown up since this morning.. its been three times in 2 days though.. and i knew about pumpkin for diarrhea but not for puking right??

Reply to Thread New Thread