LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #21
tattcasetle

I am sad that I never socialize my dogs with other dogs (really no other dogs around here to do it with) outside of the ob classes. Also that Logan's classes had to be stopped so I can have my baby and we can get some money saved up for them after. With Goren...it was teaching him how to shake, the worst thing EVER to teach him, he basically claws your arm when he shakes >.<

Old 01-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #22
vosteglog

With Rosie, I would have been more consistant. I let her get away with things because it's easier than correcting them sometimes. She's still a great dog, but if I was more consistant, she's be better on a leash.
I agree with Kit, consistency is the toughest "training tool" to use

Old 01-24-2012, 07:58 PM   #23
cxddfrxc

I wish I had tried more options for crate training Peyton. Life would be alot easier sometimes if he could just be crated, especially when I decide to move out on my own. He's fantastic loose around the house, never have issues but I always think it would be easier if he could be crated (like if he had to go stay at someone else's house in an emergency or something).

Old 01-24-2012, 09:49 PM   #24
thushioli

I wish I had tried more options for crate training Peyton. Life would be alot easier sometimes if he could just be crated, especially when I decide to move out on my own. He's fantastic loose around the house, never have issues but I always think it would be easier if he could be crated (like if he had to go stay at someone else's house in an emergency or something).
My exact issue with Slayer, she is excellent....but theres only so long running loose in the house alone that I am comfortable with....after that boredom could set in and I dont want to come home to a ransacked house and/or an injured dog..so right now she travels in the back seat with us...which doesnt work in the summer..its TOO hot.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:17 PM   #25
Drugsonl

With Wilson & Piper.. not much really. I was (or, am) lucky enough to work with an awesome trainer with both of them and am very proud of how they have come along, especially considering that I can be really lazy when it comes to working with them often enough. Piper's only issue is jumping on people (she only does it at home, not when she's out or at other peoples houses, it's weird), and quite frankly, I've given up doing a ton of correcting for it. It takes her 3min. to chill out when people come over, it's not a huge deal anymore.

Sako has taught me a lot though.. he is exxxtremely sensitive and the polar opposite of the other two. He takes corrections personal and if you push him too far, he'll just lay down and you might as well just end the session. Everything has to be very upbeat and happy with him, which is hard at times.. BUT he is by far my most willing to please dog.. never wants to put a foot wrong. It took me a good 6 months to really figure him out, and I do still forget sometimes, but we're working on it! He is a lot more confident than he was as a pup, which is a good thing.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:18 PM   #26
MineOffedOvex

capone=spoiled baby
if someone raises their voice at him he hides under the table until he is "forgiven"
ugh he is too cute for his own good

Old 01-24-2012, 11:32 PM   #27
Nesskissabe

I would have stopped letting my Rottie lay across my lap as a puppy when at events while relaxing. Now I have a 100 Lb. lap dog whenever we are hanging out with friends. Not that she won't go lay down when told, but she always has to try to "hornswaggle" her way up at least once. Which always leads to someone saying "Well trained dog ya got there!"

Reply to Thread New Thread