LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-17-2012, 07:13 AM   #1
scoundtrack

Default name for training business.
The Pit Stop-Dog Training and Behaviour

What do you guys think!? I'm not taking clients yet, I'll be working with a couple mentors and doin' my research and pursuing a certification course for summer.

Any other name ideas? I want to be bully breed specific. But will take on any breed of course. I have a lot to learn, so no rush!

It just came to me today, so thought I'd ask lol. I want my training to be based on positive methods tweaked to fit each dog and owner I work with.

I have a lot to say because I get so excited about things but it's late so I'll wait til tomorrow haha.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:17 AM   #2
yespkorg

Pit Terror to Terrier?

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Lol idk, I like yours.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:38 PM   #3
wmcelesta

"The Pit Stop"

I like it.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:51 PM   #4
Larisochka

Umm, why don't you wait til you've been at it and proven yourself with a few dogs over many years before you start thinking "business".

I know trainers that have done far, far MORE and are MUCH more qualified than anyone that gets a "certification" and takes on "mentors".

Old 01-17-2012, 10:33 PM   #5
yespkorg

I think it is her business as to whether or not she wants to start a training business and you should stay on topic

Old 01-17-2012, 10:56 PM   #6
Sukadrukanga

I've been mentoring now for 2 years. My mentor has let me run a few of his classes. But I am not ready to take it on by myself.

But back on topic, I like your idea.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:01 PM   #7
scoundtrack

Dang I wrote a reply and lost wifi for a second so it deleted when I posted.

Sage, working with dogs and horses as a profession has been my dream since I was a child. I currently do Natural Horsemanship based training, I have a mentor set up through an organization and she has taught me A LOT, even though we might not see eye to eye on everything, I have been able to take everything she's taught me and tweak it to work for me and my style of training. I think having a mentor for dog training is an awesome tool to use... I won't be mentoring anyone, they'll be mentoring me.
I have TONS to learn, I wouldn't even try to credit myself with anything more than what I've done with my own dogs. I believe the best way to learn and become a great trainer is going to be with all the hands on experience of course. But I also think there are MANY amazing courses and classes out there for people to take advantage of to help out, we can take everything we learn, tweak it for ourselves. On top of all the articles out there to read and all the trainers to talk to there's a lot to take advantage of.

And why wouldn't I be thinking business? I'm confident in myself and my ability to learn and soak up knowledge along the way. I won't be taking clients, I won't be making money, and I won't be claiming I know anything more than what I do any time soon. But in the mean time what's wrong with being motivated?

Old 01-17-2012, 11:06 PM   #8
Sukadrukanga

Go for it. Dont let people knock your dreams. Make sure you have all your ducks in a row. Good luck

Old 01-18-2012, 01:10 AM   #9
wmcelesta

But in the mean time what's wrong with being motivated?
Absolutely nothing wrong with being motivated. Having a goal, making a plan, living the dream

Old 01-18-2012, 01:12 AM   #10
Lapsiks

LOL, me and a friend once joked about starting a training group called "Spank it" or "Beat it", to spread our dog whooping tactics. But, clearly, those names are just inappropriate upon retrospect.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:31 AM   #11
scoundtrack

LOL>"Spank It&Beat It-Dog Trainging" oh geeze!Thanks for the support ya'll.

Reply to Thread New Thread