LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-13-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
Elaltergephah

I have no advice, but just wanted to pipe in and comment on what a clever girl Rita is to get her tags off!!
And that is what makes her so dangerous to herself. She's clever and yet completely stupid, rofl.

---------- Post added at 03:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 AM ----------

I need to order some for Shelby. I can't decide if I want to get one with our address and stuff on it and a second one with info saying she's spayed, vet number, and possibly microchip info (I haven't gotten her chipped yet).
As soon as the tags get here I will have one tag from the city, one tag with dog name, address, home phone and cell phone on it and one with the microchip info on it. I figure if Rita or any other dog manage to get one tag off or break a tag then the other 2 are there as backup.

Old 01-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #2
Forex Autopilot

Old 01-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #3
Elaltergephah

Duct tape fixes everything!!!

Old 01-13-2012, 07:44 PM   #4
Nesskissabe

Ok, now we can add to the list of must haves...... Duct Tape, Locktite and JB Weld!

Old 09-23-2012, 09:01 AM   #5
VladFal

You could look into a personalized collar with her info actually stitched on it. I even think they have ones with metal plates attached that you can have engraved.

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

Dog Tags | Pet ID Tags | Personalized Dog Collars, Leashes & Accessories

Old 09-23-2012, 09:01 AM   #6
sueplydup

Im a fan of Boomerrang tags. Maybe contact them with your delimma and see if they have any ideas. They have great tags and customer service.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:01 AM   #7
viepedorlella

Have you looked into a Rubit clip? They are very difficult to get off. I highly doubt she could undo it. And its held up really well to all kinds of crazy shit for my dogs.
http://www.rubitclip.com/

I love my fetching tag! Its the shiz!

You could have a fetching tag made for and riveted onto an EL or Paco leather collar.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

http://pacocollars.com/products/category/pets/id-tags/

Old 09-23-2012, 09:01 AM   #8
Tjfyojlg

I need to order some for Shelby. I can't decide if I want to get one with our address and stuff on it and a second one with info saying she's spayed, vet number, and possibly microchip info (I haven't gotten her chipped yet).

Old 09-24-2012, 09:01 AM   #9
blankostaroe

<b>If her collar is wide enough, I would just drill holes in her tags and screw them onto her collar! LOL

You can get the plate tags that can be attached to any collar, too.

If you want a REALLY thick tag, my friend got this one...
<a href="http://a href="http://www.etsy.com/listing/71179284/perfect-paw-heavy-duty-copper-pet-tag" target="_blank"http://www.etsy.com/listing/71179284...copper-pet-tag/a" target="_blank">http://

Old 09-24-2012, 09:01 AM   #10
Elaltergephah

I am really no help, I use
Ella's Lead - Scissor Snaps
it MIGHT work just because she would have to be able to push it at an angle and open it all the way not like a bolt snap but I just donno.
She managed to get an intact tag off of a key ring. I'm pretty sure she could ninja that

Old 09-24-2012, 09:01 AM   #11
mXr8icOB

It works! Until I used locktite on the threads they were coming undone by themsekves and I was loosing tags like crazy (thats when I started microchipping). Make sure if you do this that the threads are on the INSIDE of the keepers, close to the neck, cause that keeps wear and tear down too. I think it was worth the $2 and something for the quicklink every year. I didnt use a very big one either..

Old 09-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #12
tattcasetle

I am really no help, I use
Ella's Lead - Scissor Snaps
it MIGHT work just because she would have to be able to push it at an angle and open it all the way not like a bolt snap but I just donno.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #13
PZXjoe

I actually use a quicklink to put Roxie's tags on her collar. They're more secure than clips and it's easy to switch collars- just break out the pliers and untighten it, switch it onto the other collar. Plus it's kind extremely complicated for a dog to get undone... but there's the s-hook to connect the tag and quicklink, so... that might be an issue? Idk. I just got the smallest I can find at home depot, so it could be a solution. They're pretty hardy.

Also, I use Boomerang Tags. They are EXCELLENT.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #14
yahyynzer

The fetching tags do come in silver, but they're about half as thick as the solid brass ones.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:01 AM   #15
Nesskissabe

I have the same problem with Harley. I even find her metal tags mangle and chewed up in the yard. (She has a thing about chewing on metal.) Anywho, although I can not do anything about the rabies and microchip tags, I did have a brass plate engraved and attached to her collar with my personal information on it. She can't lose that unless she looses the whole collar.

I had mine made by a friend who does engraving and attached to the collar with rivets. This would work for leather as well as nylon collars.

We are still working on the microchip and rabies tag issues. Hope someone has a good idea.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #16
Tjfyojlg

I use 880 lb. 1/4 in. Zinc-Plated Quick Link-7035-24 at The Home Depot but smaller. There is sealant for them as well to keep the link closed.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #17
Elaltergephah

That's good to know because I placed an order with them a few minutes ago. Now to find a way to attach it to the d ring without the idiot savant getting it off. I swear to God, she is about retarded when it comes to anything but escaping crates, losing tags and loving people.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #18
Lapsiks

Maybe you could try punching a hole through the tags at the bottom, then finding a strong enough needle to punch through the collar, and sew the tags in with dental floss. (Why floss? Because it's fucking strong, and when you light the ends, you can just melt it together instead of knotting it.)

Old 09-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #19
Elaltergephah

Thanks for the advice! Locktite and the loop thingies it will be. I know the hardware near us carries them in the small size,too. I think for like $1.80. Totally worth the cost if it works!

Old 09-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #20
Elaltergephah

Awesome! Now I can't wait for delivery. Supposed to be around the 22nd.

Reply to Thread New Thread