LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-03-2012, 08:59 AM   #1
WhileKelf

yeah if i would have got to pick where they went everyone would have been going through some serious screening lol but at least i know three of em have good homes

Old 03-03-2012, 12:08 AM   #2
WhileKelf

Default Capone's brother
okay so i went to the animal shelter today to walk some dogs because it was nice out and i haven't been in awhile
as soon as i get out of the truck i see a dog i know...it ends up being capone's brother dino....he was freaking out and whining at me. he lived with me when his ex owner was my roommate and my brother has the mom..its a long story...
poor boy has been handed around and lived in home to home
anyways i couldn't leave him there and he is now staying at my parents for the moment im afraid to have him and capone together both them being males and intact they could play one minute and fight the next...they might keep him im really hoping they do

i have been looking for a puppy or young dog to get but i dont think it would be a good idea having another male...especially a male apbt

Old 04-02-2012, 03:36 PM   #3
MzTT

How sad. If you are really attached to Dino and are willing to crate and rotate, you could keep him if your parents decide not to. A lot of forums members have DA dogs in multi-dog households and say it's not hard once you have a routine down.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:36 PM   #4
WhileKelf

yeah he is like one of my babies
its looking like they are going to keep him they still have the rest of the week to decide either way he isn't going back
thanks for the advice

Old 04-02-2012, 10:39 PM   #5
frequensearules

Wait, the shelter let you take him out intact? O.o

Good luck.. I hope the situation works out for everyone!

Old 04-02-2012, 10:41 PM   #6
WhileKelf

yeah he is being fostered right now they set dates where you drop them off in the morning and they go get fixed....they know me too lol
thank you

Old 04-02-2012, 10:47 PM   #7
frequensearules

Ahhh okay! I thought they let you adopt him back out being intact lol.

Keep us updated, and get some pictures!!

Old 04-02-2012, 11:01 PM   #8
WhileKelf

oh im bout to go get some of him

sadly i just found out the dumbasses who have his sister bred her....before she was even one
it makes me so mad how ignorant people can be

Old 04-02-2012, 11:23 PM   #9
frequensearules

Sometimes it's better NOT to know... especially when there's nothing that can be done

Old 04-02-2012, 11:53 PM   #10
WhileKelf

i know it really sucks...i just want to slap them she could have died

i got some pics blurry though cuz he won't ever stop moving lol

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Old 04-03-2012, 05:39 AM   #11
frequensearules

He's so cute!

Old 06-02-2012, 08:28 PM   #12
WhileKelf

yeah i was blowing bubbles for him yesterday and he was chasing them and leaping in the air to catch them
so cute

Old 06-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #13
Mymnnarry

Wait, the shelter let you take him out intact? O.o

Good luck.. I hope the situation works out for everyone!
I "adopted" a pit bull from the Tri Cities Pound in WA and they let me take him home without being neutered. It was done over the phone
no application just a copy of my ODL and someone picked him up for me. I pulled him with intent to foster for a rescue because he was being euthed and I couldn't pass him up and he had passed all his evals. They were just out of space. I actually called the pound and asked about their policy and they said they don't spay and neuter that is up to the new owner. :?// So I said "basically I could have adopted a male and female unaltered for a total of $150 and had my own breeding pair?", the gal said "well we don't recommend that" He was neutered and adopted out by the rescue.

Old 06-02-2012, 10:28 PM   #14
MzTT

Yeah, I am always sort of shocked when other people get shocked by shelters adopting out unaltered dogs. The city and county shelters here adopt out for low fees and do not spay or neuter. Some of them will refund part of the fee if you bring back proof of spay or neuter within 6 months, though. No checking or anything, either. Show a valid ID and git yer dawg on!

For my city the fee is $35 with $25 refunded. But if I were a BYB I could go adopt 2 APBT looking dogs, lie on some registry paperwork and sell as many litters as I can make the bitch have for $70 start up cash.

Old 06-02-2012, 10:36 PM   #15
frequensearules

Wow!!! I knew my shelter was definitely not the worst out there... but I like them A LOT more now!! You have to submit an application and cannot adopt a dog the same day (to discourage 'impulse' adoptions)... They check your references (two personal, one vet)... They don't adopt out unaltered animals...

Old 06-02-2012, 10:40 PM   #16
Mymnnarry

and the shittiest part is, they are banned just across the river in that area.....

Old 08-02-2012, 08:43 AM   #17
WhileKelf

they make you foster them first at this animal shelter then after a week you can adopt them and they set the neuter/spay date and if you don't show up they come to your house...not sure how far they go to find them...no references but do call landlords. i kinda like the way they do it its in the middle.

all animal shelters are different some are extremely strict and some are just way to easy

Old 08-02-2012, 09:21 AM   #18
aaaaaaahabbbby

sigh... i ended up with two males when my sister couldnt take care of her dog anymore. It wasnt very pretty needless to say, but if u neuter him i wouldnt think you would have the same issues...

Old 08-02-2012, 09:24 AM   #19
WhileKelf

sigh... i ended up with two males when my sister couldnt take care of her dog anymore. It wasnt very pretty needless to say, but if u neuter him i wouldnt think you would have the same issues...
my parents are keeping him that's where he is staying right now
capone growls at him through the fence but dino just wags his tail...hopefully tomorrow they are going up there to pay for him
i have a low content wolf hybrid puppy too so i can't keep him i just could not leave him there i love him lol

Old 08-02-2012, 02:07 PM   #20
Falik

It doesn't sound like the litter made out very well. It's lucky you saw him!

Reply to Thread New Thread