LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 10-22-2011, 07:20 AM   #1
Vomephems

Default "My Extreme Animal Phobia" - Pit Bulls
So the tv ended up on this show tonight. It featured three people - one afraid of snakes, one afraid of spiders... and one afraid of pit bulls.

The guy afraid of pit bulls was a buff, tattooed guy lol

At the end, the guy's "final exposure" was he had to go into a "cage" with two adult pit bulls at a "pit bull rescue" in Sacramento. They went into someone's backyard that had kennels with multiple adults in them each and the guy had to go in there with two adults and interact with them.

By the end of it, of course he was fine with them blah blah blah... but, of course, I was annoyed with the whole thing.

I was even MORE annoyed when it came to the woman scared of spiders as they had multiple tarantulas tanked together, and she had to pick them up and carry them across a concrete patio to another table and put them in containers. Had she dropped one, given their size and the concrete, it would have died Also, housing multiples together isn't good and it did show several of them going after other tarantulas in their enclosures.

The snake guy went on to get a ball python LOL

Old 10-22-2011, 07:23 AM   #2
vosteglog

OH my God I saw that on TV LOL!! It made me laugh to damn hard, like seriously? What a fucking pussy lol

Old 10-22-2011, 07:28 AM   #3
Esmeralfaf

my favorite part was when the guy flipped out about the rubber snakes and the shed skins hangin from the cieling of his room

Old 10-22-2011, 07:29 AM   #4
Vomephems

My favourite part was then the buff guy was CRYING in a park over the pit bull puppy being there lol

I thought the snake guy did AWESOME... he was cool.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:45 AM   #5
Esmeralfaf

My favourite part was then the buff guy was CRYING in a park over the pit bull puppy being there lol

I thought the snake guy did AWESOME... he was cool.
idk, that puppy did look like a killer. lmao

Old 10-22-2011, 07:48 AM   #6
ZAtlLVos

I was going to watch that, but I just didn't because that lady who wants them to face their phobias is extreme. Kissing a snake? Not in a million years, thanks.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:54 AM   #7
Vomephems

Mine too.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:00 AM   #8
Esmeralfaf

being afraid of any of those things was funny to me because i have owned one or more of everything that terrified those people. lol

Old 10-22-2011, 08:02 AM   #9
vosteglog

being afraid of any of those things was funny to me because i have owned one or more of everything that terrified those people. lol
Ditto lol I just cant fathom being afraid of any of those things.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:04 AM   #10
ZAtlLVos

Well I don't have phobias of snakes or spiders but do not make me kiss a freakin' snake. That is just dangerous as it could bite you and just plain stupid. Did he actually kiss it? Damn now I should have watched it. I am sure there will be a repeat over the weekend.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:07 AM   #11
Esmeralfaf

yea he actually kissed it, well gave it a lil peck i should say. but it was just a bull snake. now if he would have planted one on the big rattler they showed, then i woulda been impressed.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:09 AM   #12
vosteglog

yea he actually kissed it, well gave it a lil peck i should say. but it was just a bull snake. now if he would have planted one on the big rattler they showed, then i woulda been impressed.
That makes me think of that guy who kissed the Cobra, now that mofo was badass lol

I was wondering what kind of snake that was from the commercial, I liked it

Old 10-22-2011, 08:11 AM   #13
Vomephems

I was shocked when they showed the snake he was to hold and it was a bull snake! They can have nasty temperaments! The one in the show must be handled VERY regularly... miss a single day, and you've got an attitude problem on your hands lol But I've kissed my snakes before... why not!?

When my cousin walked in and they were talking about the things each of them feared, he turned to me and said, "Shit, they should have just brought them here... You have ALL of those in your bedroom!" LOL

At first I thought the lady's methods were going too fast.. but it seemed to work out well for this group.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:33 AM   #14
Esmeralfaf

ive never had any trouble with bull snakes. heck, when i was younger i used to pic them up off the back roads and play with them. had an 8 foot one i called mo out in my step dads garage to take care of the rats. lol guess maybe i just got lucky

Old 10-22-2011, 08:55 AM   #15
Vomephems

The bull snakes we have around here are pretty testy at first glance! I encountered a 6 foot one on a trail, and it was striking at my boot while doing it's whole rattler imitation get up lol

Old 10-22-2011, 10:57 AM   #16
sleepergun

Damn! I missed it? I saw the commercial with the pit bull puppy and I really wanted to see lol

Old 10-22-2011, 01:40 PM   #17
Rellshare

I like big snakes. Like Burmese Pythons. I don't trust the little ones, they seem sneaky.

I do not like spiders of any kind, but as long as they are a few feet away when loose or in a cage/enclosure, I'm good.

Of course, I love Pit Bulls

I tossed around the idea of watching, but I had a bunch of recorded episodes of Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations" and watched those instead.

Old 10-22-2011, 02:03 PM   #18
Trissinas

I found it interesting that the "Pit Bull rescue" was housing an intact male and female together.. obviously no way to tell if the female was intact or not, but that seemed odd to me.

And yeah, that guy crying about that adorable puppy was cracking me up.

Old 10-22-2011, 02:15 PM   #19
SallyIsNice5

I wanted to watch this show...I passed out...my back was hurting so bad (Katherine has been kicking me constantly for over 24 hours, it still hurts) even called in to work...but anyhow the commercials on the lady saying to kiss the snake, that pissed me off to because any reptile can have salmonella and other things that are not good for humans, its why you wash your hands after you handle them...

Old 10-22-2011, 02:50 PM   #20
Aizutox

I seriously doubt anything could compel me to pick up a taratula with my bare hands.

I wish them no harm. In fact when a big fat spider made his home on the screen outside my window at work; I'll be honest at first I wanted him dead and I put a hit out on him. But of course the maintenace guy was incompetent, so a month later the spider dude was still alive and well and outside my window. WHat could I do? I name him (Beelzebub; Bubba for short).

Then because I named the damn thing I started worrying about it, so I would go looking for him or get concerned if he didn't show up for a few days.

Now after 3 months of constant visits; and my clients stopping in mid-sentence to look up and say "Whoa, that is a BIG spider"...he's been gone for a week. Just left without a word. I hope he's OK. Maybe he'll be back in the spring.

Reply to Thread New Thread