LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 10-28-2011, 10:30 PM   #1
LindaSmithXV

Default eating grass
Just wondering if anyone's dogs tend to eat grass? I walk Chuey, at least, three times a day and he seems to be obsessed with eating grass. The vet says that it may be due to indegestion...upset belly, but also says that some dogs just like the taste of grass. What's your opinion?

Old 10-28-2011, 11:00 PM   #2
Soulofpostar

Tegan grazes like a cow when she is in the backyard. My Chi's do as well. They do not have any digestion issues, so I really have no idea other than perhaps there is something in it their body craves?

I'm sure others will chime in on the matter :3

Old 10-28-2011, 11:02 PM   #3
LindaSmithXV

Thanks, Prada. That's good to know!

Old 10-28-2011, 11:03 PM   #4
ViaxobbimeVar

My dog loves to graze on grass, it never makes him be sick, he even likes being hand fed it. There are a number of post on here about eating grass you could search it seems to be pretty common.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:56 PM   #5
Edifsdubs

Many dogs do it, including mine. They have no stomach problems, that I am aware of. Just like the taste of it.

Old 10-29-2011, 01:43 AM   #6
cliceperperIa

Mine have all been pretending to be cows the last few days. Every time we go to the park, all they want to do for the first ten minutes is walk around grazing.

Old 10-29-2011, 04:27 AM   #7
LindaSmithXV

Libby...how funny! Sounds just like my Chuey! He does, however, vomit up phlegm (sp??) every once in a while with the grass mixed in it. As I mentioned, I did consult the vet...just curious as to how common it is. Thanks to ALL OF YOU for your responses!

Old 10-29-2011, 04:50 AM   #8
VUzgOhgv

THe times my dogs hack up after eating grass is if they haven't chewed it well and half-swallowed a foot long piece that gets stuck partway down LOL but aside from that, Jolene especially grazes like it's the best thing EVER!

Old 10-29-2011, 04:59 AM   #9
LindaSmithXV

@Teal... LOL! Very True!

Old 10-29-2011, 10:49 AM   #10
LindaSmithXV

Just wondering if anyone's dogs tend to eat grass? I walk Chuey, at least, three times a day and he seems to be obsessed with eating grass. The vet says that it may be due to indigestion...upset belly, but also says that some dogs just like the taste of grass. What's your opinion?

Old 10-29-2011, 11:28 AM   #11
spaxiaroorbes

Usually when my dogs have eaten grass "obsessively", I could their digestive system churning and making noises. So in my dogs case, I would have to say it had something to do with an upset system. May have been the kibble I was feeding or some scrap they got. Both my dogs ate grass from time to time but Rowdy ate more grass the sicker he got with grade 3 mast cell cancer.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:43 PM   #12
AXGreg

Trigger used to chew grass and then upchuck early morning, before we took him to the vet when we first got him, it was hookworm infestation.

Now he grazes like a cow and it seems to be natural. My sisters dog does the same thing, seems to be a normal thing. However, they will chew grass also to make themselves upchuck if something is bothering them.

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

WARNING: Make sure if your dog does love to graze that it is grass that is free of pesticides and fertilizer, an untreated lawn.

Reply to Thread New Thread