LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-29-2011, 01:30 AM   #1
foonlesse

Default We got kicked out of a neighborhood today
I was walking Kona throughout a dog friendly apartment complex today. He was on a leash, and I needed more doggie bags. So I stopped at the little area that has them took three (I swear to god if I take one he will poop twice just to spite me) and keep walking. All of the sudden an apartment manager comes racing down the hill in her golf cart and stops me. Apparently I am not allowed to walk my dog here, when I asked why she said because the "Dog Friendly" areas stopped a street behind me. And they dont allow pit bulls in the area. When I told her that 1 street down there is a great dane and two adorable boston terriers that we frequently pass and talk to I was told "they are all service dogs" Alright fine Ill leave. I turn around and start back up the hill and she followed me the ENTIRE way. Which was interesting when a man walking his golden retriever stopped me and a woman walking to little mixes stopped me.....

I think I was just a victim of doggie racism.....

Old 09-29-2011, 01:33 AM   #2
hiedeemom

dang that sucks. if they are not dog friendly why did they have poop bags near by? i think you may have been discriminated against. poor Kona

Old 09-29-2011, 01:35 AM   #3
favwebbb

That's bullshit.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:36 AM   #4
c2siOlIk

Wow, what a bitch!

Old 09-29-2011, 01:45 AM   #5
Petrushkaukrop

Been there, done that and didn't get a t-shirt.

At Orange Beach, Alabama on vacation, I had taken Rowdy with me and stayed in a cottage at a dog friendly "gated" community.

I was walking Rowdy by the office area and the owner/manager stopped me to say, "We don't allow dogs like that here."

The lady was nice enough and even offered suggestions on where to board Rowdy during my week long stay. It was my first day there. I didn't take Rowdy for any more walks near the office. I would load him up in the Jeep and we'd drive from the community to an area where he could relieve himself and exercise. I did walk him very late at night and well away from the office though.

The point is that while it IS blatant "doggie racism" ... the lady owned the community and made the rules. Her property and her rules. She is set in her ways. She's been there for over thirty years and no amount of reasoning or logic would change her mind. So, I just had to deal with it.

Rowdy was fine, everybody was "happy" and life goes on. If I had tried to argue with her or ignored her "warning" ... I would have been routinely ejected from the community and had to terminate the vacation on the first day ... I'd seen her do that to other people before for something as simple as speeding ... they have a STRICT 5 mph speed limit within her property.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:49 AM   #6
foonlesse

dang that sucks. if they are not dog friendly why did they have poop bags near by? i think you may have been discriminated against. poor Kona
Oh apparently they are dog friendly....just not on the street I was on

Old 09-29-2011, 01:52 AM   #7
Kotyara

I got kicked out of London, Ontario with my dogs. True story. And this was ten years BEFORE the ban. WTF?

Old 09-29-2011, 02:21 AM   #8
hiedeemom

they should have that street marked then. if they didnt i would have told them that. its not fair for people to find out that way its just rude.

Old 09-29-2011, 02:29 AM   #9
foonlesse

I got kicked out of London, Ontario with my dogs. True story. And this was ten years BEFORE the ban. WTF?
You got kicked out of a whole city??? Im impressed hats off to you

Old 09-29-2011, 02:55 AM   #10
oraltyrap

Dat cheeky kunt.

Old 09-29-2011, 02:59 AM   #11
avavavava

Ugh people suck!

Old 09-29-2011, 03:15 AM   #12
Corporal White

I would have told her to piss off, jk slightly, but bloody hell that is quiet a b*tch move. Living within populated cities from left to right including mine, it's apart of my awareness to not consider "dog friendly" areas as territory I would take zoey to regardless. It in a way benefits me at an even higher rate, of my chances to avoid more morons of any sort anyways, unfortunately.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:23 AM   #13
bestformaldress23

If it's private property they make the rules. If its public property...well, good luck making me leave. Hell, I'll eve call everyone I know with Pit Bulls to hang right where I am.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:25 AM   #14
strongjannabiz

Do you live on the property? If you do not live on property, they have every right to ask you to leave...

Old 09-29-2011, 04:33 AM   #15
hiedeemom

i agree that they have the right to ask her to leave if it is private property but it sounds like it is confusing where she was walking they had poop bags on one street but the other street is not dog friendly. how is one to know that unless they post signs especially if she has seen other dogs there before.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:51 AM   #16
Kotyara

You got kicked out of a whole city??? Im impressed hats off to you
Leave it too me, eh? Asshole AC they have there. From what I understand, 17 years later, AC are still pricks in that city.

Old 09-29-2011, 05:20 AM   #17
verybigf

Zoe,don't blame the dogs. No one here is buying it.

Old 09-29-2011, 12:10 PM   #18
rengerts

If it's private property they make the rules. If its public property...well, good luck making me leave. Hell, I'll eve call everyone I know with Pit Bulls to hang right where I am.
You took the words right out of my mouth MJ. Public property is different, but even with that, as wrong and as ignorant as that person was you still have to pick your battles. Again, people are stupid.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:11 PM   #19
rootoronpunty

Its private property and the dog was a pit bull. Probably would have been different if you had a chihuahua. People suck

Reply to Thread New Thread