LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 10-21-2011, 08:06 PM   #1
herawaq

Default A difference in opinion
Ok so this morning I decided I was going to do it I was going to get another ambully pup.. So I did research found a kennel near by went and checked out his dogs and the puppies I was gunna maybe put a deposit on one of.. I like everything I see and found a pup that matched what I was looking for.. The owner asked if before we signed anything or he got a deposit if he could check out my place and the dogs living environment.. I liked that so he followed me to my house.. We walked in. And sat down and right away vi jumped on the couch and rapped around my shoulders and the chihuahua and dachshund payed next to me.. The guy says " your letting that bully pup dominate you" I look at him and say vi go lay down right away she runs to her bed and lays down and the other to follow.. He then still wants to talk about how my dog is dominate over me and then when we are done we walk through the yard and stuff and my wife let's the dogs out and vi and the dachshund are kinda running side by side vi is like mouthing the dachshunds ears and licking it while the dachshund is playing and mouthing back.. So he tells me my ambully is severly DA at just 4 months I look down and there sitting at my feet and vi is licking the dachshund I was all yes so aggressive huh.. And then he brings up the contract and pup and tells me he wants a $500 deposit and the $1800 has to be paid off by the time the pup is 8 weeks.. I just kinda looked at him and asked so in your opinion my dogs dominate me and are DA he said yes and I asked and your still gunna sell me a pup knowing it's going to live with them and he said yes once I have the pup it's my problem.. Well let's say he left empty handed.. I'm not gunna put money in some dudes pocket who can't tell the difference between DA and playing calls a dog showing it missed me as dominating and then not caring where the pups he has go as long as he has the money... I guess I'll be looking for a new breeder

Old 10-21-2011, 08:09 PM   #2
bug_user

Wow, I'd say you made the right decision.. That's an awful lot to charge for a pup that you don't care about.. When you get it, it's your problem?? Wow. Run far away. Tell everyone you know.. What's the name of this kennel?

Old 10-21-2011, 08:17 PM   #3
herawaq

Pentagon pits.. No website or anything found them at an abkc show and asked around a little about them with other who I trust and heard mostly positive stuff till I met the dude

Old 10-21-2011, 08:38 PM   #4
Hammaduersnes

Bleh. They call their dogs Pits, that ought to be recognition of how shit they are, anyway.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:41 PM   #5
bug_user

Pentagon pits.. No website or anything found them at an abkc show and asked around a little about them with other who I trust and heard mostly positive stuff till I met the dude
Is this them? Pentagon Pits Home

...Turn off your speakers

Old 10-21-2011, 08:59 PM   #6
forexsoft

....Why did they put that song on there?

Old 10-21-2011, 09:05 PM   #7
bug_user

It's stuck in my head indefinitely now.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:11 PM   #8
Savviioor

ty for the speaker warning. OP, you made a sound choice

Old 10-21-2011, 09:37 PM   #9
eCw56dzY

someone who argues with me over how i train my dogs gets the middle finger.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:42 PM   #10
herawaq

Nope.. Odd it's the same name though.. But no that's not them

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

There dogs were all ch or grch I checked all the papers and peds

Old 10-21-2011, 09:58 PM   #11
obHQNsY2

Yeah I would run far away too. You can find a better breeder than that!

Old 10-21-2011, 10:00 PM   #12
effebrala

2300 for a dog with severe health issues... Did I read that right? Seems like way to much to me - you must be loaded!

Old 10-21-2011, 10:08 PM   #13
bug_user

2300 for a dog with severe health issues... Did I read that right? Seems like way to much to me - you must be loaded!
Where are you seeing the health issues? I must have missed it

Old 10-21-2011, 10:22 PM   #14
herawaq

Never said anything about health issues.. Unless your assuming all ambullies have health issues not sure.. And no it was 1800 all together 500 deposit plus I'd owe 1300 the whole 1800 had to be paid by the time the puppy was 8 weeks

Old 10-21-2011, 11:49 PM   #15
Beatris

Wow - I had no idea AmBullys sold for that much!!!
I don't know what to say about the breeder obviously being a dumb ass, but if the dog is what you're looking for, properly tested, meets all the "right" criteria, and the price is what you're willing to pay...why would his opinion matter? You don't have to be friends with the guy later...but if he has the dog you want in every way why deny the dog your home because the breeder happens to misjudge several things about you?

Old 10-21-2011, 11:53 PM   #16
bug_user

Wow - I had no idea AmBullys sold for that much!!!
I don't know what to say about the breeder obviously being a dumb ass, but if the dog is what you're looking for, properly tested, meets all the "right" criteria, and the price is what you're willing to pay...why would his opinion matter? You don't have to be friends with the guy later...but if he has the dog you want in every way why deny the dog your home because the breeder happens to misjudge several things about you?
I would only deal with a breeder that offered some kind of guarantee. The "Once its yours, it's not my problem" approach doesn't sit well with me at all.

One of the best dogs I've ever had should have been returned to the breeder when we found out he had a problem with his eye lids (they flipped under) but the breeder offered to pay for the corrective surgery instead of taking the puppy back because we (the kids) were so attached to him.

Old 10-21-2011, 11:59 PM   #17
lovespellszz

OP, I think you made the right decision.

I would only deal with a breeder that offered some kind of guarantee. The "Once its yours, it's not my problem" approach doesn't sit well with me at all.
Exactly. Good breeders want to have a relationship with their buyers and keep tabs on the puppy. If they don't care about the pup, then who knows what they may be hiding from you just to make some money.

Old 10-22-2011, 12:49 AM   #18
eCw56dzY

Never said anything about health issues.. Unless your assuming all ambullies have health issues not sure.. And no it was 1800 all together 500 deposit plus I'd owe 1300 the whole 1800 had to be paid by the time the puppy was 8 weeks
well given that many people are convinced' theyre amstaff crosses, they most likely have inherited their health issues as well which include heard problems, eye problems, hip problems, *shrug*

Old 10-22-2011, 01:30 AM   #19
KLIMOV25gyi

OP, I think you made the right decision.

Exactly. Good breeders want to have a relationship with their buyers and keep tabs on the puppy. If they don't care about the pup, then who knows what they may be hiding from you just to make some money.
Am Bully breeders breeding for the $$ produce so many pups there is no way on God's green Earth they can keep tabs on their pups or have the room to take them back if something happens. The brother friend who breeds AM Bullies I mentioned in the other thread produces at least 1 litter every 2 months. At least. Homie got no freaking clue where his pups are right now unless he was friends with the buyer before the litter whelped and they are still friends.

I think the OP made the right decision, too, if breeder support is important to him/her.

Old 10-22-2011, 03:29 AM   #20
effebrala

What i am "assuming" is that if you studied the structural soundness of dogs; you, too, would understand that the bullies are put together extremely poorly. Those poor dogs go through life in pain and should by no means be bread. And the "breeders" probably know this by now; and that is why they want nothing to do with you once you give them that insane amount of money for their genetic waste. Based on what he said to you, he's obviously full of himself and knows nothing real about dogs.. after all, it's just an easy business for him.

So many people are hyped up on a misguided tough image of the ambully; while in reality, they are a shadow of the athlete the apbt is. people are repeating history with the ambully -the first time this happened it was called an English Bulldog.

Reply to Thread New Thread