LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 10-08-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
kennyguitar

Default Sturdy WALKING harness (for a Doberman)?
Looks like I'm gonna have work powerwashing next week I'll have some money and I'm looking to buy Bonnie a harness.

She's gonna be a year old soon and I wanna start working her out more. I'm not looking to "condition" her or work her hard for a few more months but I want to teach her to walk next to me on a leash when wearing a collar (like she does now) but to pull when she's on a harness. I've heard of people doing it with APBTs and I think it'd be a good workout to let her pull, and also possibly let her pull me on a board.

Anyways I'm wary of buying pet store harnesses because she has broken more than one pet store collar before we got her a Stillwater, I don't want her harness to break on her while she's pulling. I don't want a weight pull harness though. Unless you guys think that'd be okay to use for just regular handwalking? She's about 73lbs now but I'm expecting her to get a few pounds bigger before she's fullgrown, and also right now she's being kept trim for summer, so unfortunately I don't think an APBT size harness will fit her. So if anybody can direct me to a store or place online where I can buy a sturdy (and I mean it, she is a VERY STRONG dog!!) harness I'd really appreciate it.

Also I am looking for a nylon or similar seatbelt type material though if I must then leather will do.

Old 10-08-2011, 12:54 PM   #2
Tam04xa

http://doberman-dog-breed-store.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_ id=3

I
dont know: They sound good

Old 10-08-2011, 12:59 PM   #3
kennyguitar

Thanks, that looks tough!! I appreciate it.

Old 10-08-2011, 03:16 PM   #4
Nopayof

browndog design walking harness, it is custom fitted to your dog's size and strong like steel. It is also extreme comfrotable for the dog, this harness will not stop pulling however, if anything it will encourage it so make sure that you are aware of that.

Old 10-08-2011, 04:11 PM   #5
kennyguitar

Thanks David. Encouraging pulling is exactly what I am looking for.

Reply to Thread New Thread