LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 04-08-2011, 06:26 PM   #1
NADALA

Default Dogmen responsible for contributing to BSL
There are people who say dogmen have contributed to BSL because they sold their dogs to anyone, therefore increasing the amount of people who own the breed, irresponsible ownership and breeding.

I don't agree with this but I would like more views on this please.

Old 04-08-2011, 06:33 PM   #2
Fluivelip

Dogmen sell or give their pups and dogs to people they think are going to be responsible owners. And, like other good breeders, they generally don't want something happening and reflecting badly on their name and line.

It's the pseudo-dogmen and BYB's along with not so bright "rescues" and idiot owners who by the pibble crap that contribute to BSL.

Old 04-09-2011, 01:15 AM   #3
GrolmangHat27

I don't think all the APBT's were owned *all* by dogmen.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:18 AM   #4
paydayus

I don't think all the APBT's were owned *all* by dogmen.
And thats the problem, peddlers got their hands on them and sold them to the general public and twits who didn't know jack about the dogs but only knew the crap they heard from another moron and this is how we got to the place we are today.....

Old 04-09-2011, 02:21 AM   #5
plantBanceper

Indeed. Dogmen did this breed a huge service but all that is caught in the disgusting backwash of mistakes made by novice breeders in it for a quick buck or thier own name.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:33 AM   #6
yWleIJm4

And thats the problem, peddlers got their hands on them and sold them to the general public and twits who didn't know jack about the dogs but only knew the crap they heard from another moron and this is how we got to the place we are today.....
I agree.

Old 05-08-2011, 03:41 PM   #7
cyslespitocop

Dogmen are not and will never be the problem. When is the last time you heard of a game bred animal attacking a child?

All one needs to do to understand where BSL comes from is to look in a newspaper or an anti-pitbull site - the examples of the "evil pit bulls" are all very clearly not dogs that could be called well breed, true to standard APBT.

If I blame anyone for BSL its BYBs and peddlers selling Am Bully type dogs as "pits".

EDIT - Before someone gets butt hurt let me clarify that I am not speaking of all American Bully breeders - I know there are some responsible ones out there that separate their breed from APBT - but its just to the point of almost being too little too late. It is quite obvious our issue has come to the state it is in today due to a lack of breed identity and transparency. Maybe if the general public did not think that 10-20 different breeds are all the same "pit bull breed" we would not be in the boat we are in today. If incidents were attributed to the individual breeds they belonged too instead of all lumped under the made up "pit bull/bully breed" moniker bite stats for ALL breeds involved would be much lower.

Old 05-08-2011, 03:58 PM   #8
mv37afnr

The real dogman would be number one enemy of BSL.. it's the BYB who hands the breed down to irresponsible owners who dont know jack of what they have!

Old 05-08-2011, 04:36 PM   #9
Fluivelip

Its also a societal shift. The breed was popular for decades and we didn't have BSL. Back when they were the "nanny dog" people knew how to raise and treat a dog as a dog and they accepted personal responsibility. The "normal" dogs knew their place and were treated like beloved pets, not "furkids". And if someone got bit being stupid, people didn't blame the dog or the breed, they blamed the stupid. If a dog was HA, it was put down and no one felt that was wrong or tired to "rehabilitate" it. Now, people kiss their dogs asses and do not teach them rules and manners, keep HA dogs alive, cannot accept they were acting stupidly and blame the dog or breed when bad things happen. Hell, we now live in a society that allows a criminal who gets bitten while in the act to sue the person he was victimizing for the bite! Most dogmen and people of all kinds from 50-100 years ago would see whats going on now and be stunned.

Old 05-08-2011, 05:57 PM   #10
pavelChe

I think society is to blame for BSL and those who support the propositions. Society is touchy feely now and heaven forbid you spank your kid's ass for doing something wrong let alone correct a dog!

Reply to Thread New Thread