LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 04-24-2011, 06:51 AM   #1
genna

Default im confused!
i went over to my sisters friends house and she has a baby Yorkie puppy its 3 weeks old, the mother stopped feeding it so she gave it to my sisters friend. well she took it to the vet and the vet said to feed it puppy chow soaked in water, i was like this just don't seem rite, the puppy was dehydrated so they gave him a shot of water up under his skin, i said at that age it needs to be drinking out of a bottle! the puppy chow has 27 percent protein, to me it looks like the puppy chow could hurt it at that age... and she also has a damn boxer that she lets run free out side, their are kids out side all day if that dog jumps up and scratches a kid its gonna get put down she just don't listen, she said its just a boxer it wont hurt anybody, i was like ummm it don't matter what u say if that damn mutt jumps up on a kid its your fault. its still a pup but big enough to knock a kid down, she hardheaded and wont listen to no body she wont even put the dog in a crate while she goes some were and it poops and pees in the house and gets into trash that bitch don't need an animal!!! and here is the bad thing, she lives in a duplex 5 foot away from the road and she lets it run in the road with the kids.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:01 AM   #2
OEMCHEAPSOFTDOWNLOAD

sounds llike the pup should be getting formula in bottle feedings. thats what we did when my female couldnt nurse all 14 of her pups. every 3-4 or 4-6 hours when they started crying. its a bit pricy though about 25$ a can at petsmart i think

Old 04-24-2011, 07:06 AM   #3
genna

sounds llike the pup should be getting formula in bottle feedings. thats what we did when my female couldnt nurse all 14 of her pups. every 3-4 or 4-6 hours when they started crying. its a bit pricy though about 25$ a can at petsmart i think
would puppy chow hurt the 3 week old pup tho?

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

and here is what i dont get rita said that the woman sold all the other pups and thats the last one she had left!!!!! who in the fuckkkk sales pups a 3 weeks old wtf i knew something wasn't rite and she said the mother wouldn't feed it, something just didn't add up!

Old 04-24-2011, 07:15 AM   #4
OEMCHEAPSOFTDOWNLOAD

it should be alright, although I am no vet, usually pups start to wean at 3-4 weeks but it should be a good quality dog food. i fed Eukanuba canned food for puppies until they started to eat the softened solid at 4 1/2 weeks old. Is the pup drinking water yet?

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

3 weeks is kinda early to send off, but depends on if they were already being weaned off the mom. who know what that lady was doing to those dogs. did your friend see pics of the other pups or mom? were they all healthy and eating on thier own?

Old 04-24-2011, 07:18 AM   #5
AndyPharmc

hurt? No. Is he eating it? If so...good.

Most pups should begin the weaning process at four weeks anyway, starting a week early is not ideal, but fine.

Instead of feeding moist puppy chow...they should be making a gruel.

Use a blender or food processor to blend puppy kibble with puppy formula until it has the consistancy of cake batter.

Small breeds like yorkies are prone to hypoglycemia. This is when their blood sugar drops and can lead to death.

Tell them to get a product called Nutrical and mix this with his food. If he won't eat this will be ESPECIALLY important until you can get him to eat. It is a high calorie supplement designed specifically for animals that may need an extra boost.

Here is a bit about dealing with pups this young. A lot of folks make serious mistakes in how they handle and feed pups this young, and with such a tiny breed, they are so much more delicate.

http://www.cpvh.com/Articles/38.html

Old 04-24-2011, 07:18 AM   #6
flnastyax

I got my first girl at three weeks. She ate kibble right off the hop. I'd definitley pick something better than puppy chow though.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:19 AM   #7
voksveta

The puppy should be getting puppy milk replacer not kibble right now. If she thinks she needs kibble, I would soak it in warm water and stir the puppy milk replacer in. I would think the puppy would need small bites puppy food as well as it's a small breed and yorkies are tiny.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:47 AM   #8
genna

okay thank you guys so much.

Reply to Thread New Thread