LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-02-2011, 03:01 PM   #1
MightyMasc

I had someone ask my boyfriend's mom if we put our dogs away when people come over. I wanted to say "will you put your annoying kids away next time I come over?" But I was polite and stuck with the "my dogs are well behaved and do well with children" approach. Took a lot for me to bite my tongue though
You know its one of those things where if someone is uncomfortable around my dog I'm not going to force them to interact with my dog. Not only are they uncomfortable but I feel it makes the dog uncomfortable. However it does upset me when you make a snap judgement about a dog I don't even have yet and tell me how thing are going to be at my house when you are here. That I have a problem with. Most anyone who knows me knows that if they are afraid of my animal I will put her in another room. I have a friend who is terrified of animals in general who has never even seen my dog. And believe it or not I have some relatives that are afraid of sasha and she is a real sweety. She is like a lovable hugable teddy bear. But I don't force her on them. I think my friends attitude is what got to me

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

It's good that you encountered so many well behaved bullies on your day out SBTLove.People just don't ''get it'' and still be hatin'.Just think-that might be a good thing.Could you imagine if one of those people with the tiny dogs who act like devil spawn actually owned a pit bull?*shudders*
That is a scary thought. You know I fear I may never have the opportunity to have one of these amazing dogs in my life due to bsl but then days like saturday gave me hope for the future of thses dogs

Old 01-02-2011, 05:17 PM   #2
AndyColemants

Well, the more interaction I have with Chihuahuas...I'm starting to think they're evil!

Old 01-02-2011, 06:20 PM   #3
q9h9pPne

You know its one of those things where if someone is uncomfortable around my dog I'm not going to force them to interact with my dog. Not only are they uncomfortable but I feel it makes the dog uncomfortable. However it does upset me when you make a snap judgement about a dog I don't even have yet and tell me how thing are going to be at my house when you are here. That I have a problem with. Most anyone who knows me knows that if they are afraid of my animal I will put her in another room. I have a friend who is terrified of animals in general who has never even seen my dog. And believe it or not I have some relatives that are afraid of sasha and she is a real sweety. She is like a lovable hugable teddy bear. But I don't force her on them. I think my friends attitude is what got to me
I agreed to the same thing. If the kids were genuinely scared to come in, and the parents were THAT fearful, I would absolutely put my dog in another room for the time being. But to place an assumption before even coming over definately got me all fired up. Needless to say, the family came over and fell completely in love with my dogs. The look on the mom's face was priceless when the 5 year old said "I want a puppy like THIS!" hehe

Old 01-02-2011, 06:26 PM   #4
MightyMasc

I agreed to the same thing. If the kids were genuinely scared to come in, and the parents were THAT fearful, I would absolutely put my dog in another room for the time being. But to place an assumption before even coming over definately got me all fired up. Needless to say, the family came over and fell completely in love with my dogs. The look on the mom's face was priceless when the 5 year old said "I want a puppy like THIS!" hehe
lol i bet that was a sight to see

Old 01-02-2011, 06:46 PM   #5
cut sifted ephedra sinica

Well, the more interaction I have with Chihuahuas...I'm starting to think they're evil!
They ARE evil , but the way I see it the majority of people who have them just don't do anything when it comes to properly training them.
My mommom had a Chihuahua, who was a little 5lb TERROR!!!! Here is a taste of a conversation me and my mommom had after she had a few "your dog is going to eat you in your sleep EVEN if she has to escape out of her crate to do it, their brains will swell, and WATCH your back she will turn on you " friends over ... that was a fun conversation.
Mommom- " You know, if your dog EVER gets mean she will be gone "
Me- " But your dog Chipper... he was mean "
Mommom- " Yes but I had complete control over him "
Me- " Really... how many people did he bite "
Mommom- " Everyone that came in!! " ( yes she was laughing!! )

Sounds like she had complete control right ... Sad part is she always blamed the people he bit for getting bit... "you shouldn't breathe so heavy...he's small and doesn't like loud noises " .. " you should take off your jacket next time before you come in so it doesn't scare him, he's just so small " .. "when he puts a treat ON YOU you shouldn't move so fast... he's just so small...he can get hurt easily so be more careful and maybe he wouldn't have bitten you "

I just find it funny that my dog is deemed dangerous, and she's done nothing but love on everything and everyone she meets. However, this damn chihuahua was NOT dangerous, just protecting himself "because he was small and had to "

Old 01-02-2011, 06:54 PM   #6
Emapymosy

My grandma had a chihuahua (hope you spelled it right ilovemyapbt

Old 01-31-2011, 05:23 PM   #7
MightyMasc

Default "Pit bulls are just horrible evil dogs"
The title of this thread is relative of mine quoted. Well after this weekends experience I do have to say that anyone that says that is full of Crap and needs to examine their own dogs behavior before casting judgement.

We were on a greenway near the city this weekend and we came across several dogs large and small. I would say we came across 4 APBTs and 1 SBT. Out of the 70 or so dogs we came across those were the 5 best behaved dogs out there that day. They we completely under control and focused on what they were doing which was enjoying a nice walk.

However Sasha and I almost became a snack to a pair of sharpeis and the owner who had no control over them tried to blame everyone else for her dogs behavior. Or then there was this person with a beautiful fawn apbt minding there own business and two small dog owners scoop up their barking dogs and pitch a fit about how there are too many pitbulls on the trail upsetting their precious little babies and making them bark. 1st of all they aren't babies they are dogs.2nd of all that pit bull didn't even notice the little dogs.

I would like to take this chance to applaud those responsible bully breed owners in my area (There seems to be quite a few) and those on this site who are are responsible and are working with their dogs to be ambassadors of the breed. Because if you get out there and observe you see more and more positives everyday.

Maybe I'm overly optimistic but I think our bully breeds are going to survive this time of hatred and I think we as owners, advocates, and those who love these dogs will be stronger and better for it and I don't think they will face this kind of hatred again once we get through this. These are the best dogs in the world (In my honest opinion) and they prove it everyday![COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

I hope nobody thought the title of this was serious because it was sarcasm obviously. It was just meant to be an attention getting lead in to the discussion.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:08 PM   #8
Attarderb

Really?Oh my GAWD!! I wish I'd have KNOWN I brought EVIL into my home!!! She's such a sweet dog,with the best manners.I'd never suspected such EVIL hid within her?So when will my pit bull begin her reign of evil terror?? When do you think she will show her true satanic nature and try to take over the world or bring on the apocalypse??? Probably when her brain swells inside her head,or she gets a ''taste of raw flesh'',or something diabolical like that..........lol

Anyways........

It's good that you encountered so many well behaved bullies on your day out SBTLove.People just don't ''get it'' and still be hatin'.Just think-that might be a good thing.Could you imagine if one of those people with the tiny dogs who act like devil spawn actually owned a pit bull?*shudders*

Old 01-31-2011, 07:11 PM   #9
flower-buy

As a proud and loud small dog owner...I reeaallly dislike 95% of people who have small dogs

Old 01-31-2011, 08:25 PM   #10
lungumnentibe

My 5 year old shih tzu is hateful obnoxious and bites! but I still love him :-)

Old 01-31-2011, 08:30 PM   #11
bellson

I saw an old lady being dragged by her overweight Scottie last time we were on the g-belt. I was proud of my "vicious wolf dogs" for sitting and lying politely as it went yapping by with its momma in tow. They are very reactive and more so together, so its kind of been fun constantly working on focus both together and individually.

I agree on the most "pit bulls" being well behaved. I see a lot more well behaved bully dogs and they are more understanding about taking turns pulling over, sitting, and letting each other pass than small dog and lunging lab owners who think its abnormal to have a well behaved dog, so it must be vicious.... lol.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:49 PM   #12
MightyMasc

I will say it was very uplifting to see especially after my best friend came over on friday and totally bashed the breed. I had no idea she had such a dislike for them until I told her about Rosie, the dog I'm trying to find a foster or permanent home for. She actually said if I got a pit bull when she comes over the dog would have to be outside or in another room. I don't think so.

But the nice walk (We went a good 4 miles) and seeing the dogs and the beautiful weather we had this weekend was very good for the spirit.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:39 PM   #13
q9h9pPne

She actually said if I got a pit bull when she comes over the dog would have to be outside or in another room. I don't think so.
I had someone ask my boyfriend's mom if we put our dogs away when people come over. I wanted to say "will you put your annoying kids away next time I come over?" But I was polite and stuck with the "my dogs are well behaved and do well with children" approach. Took a lot for me to bite my tongue though

We have an Irish Setter in our neighborhood who must give off bad vibes or something because ALL of the dogs growl at him. The little 12 lb terrier next door actually tried to attack the Setter. The Setter's owner is this old man who will walk around the block, stop in front of my house, and just glare if my dogs are in the back yard (i'm back there too). Kind of like "I can't believe those vicious dogs are barking at me. They're killers." He has told some other neighbors about how awful my dogs are even though they can easily walk past any other dog on the block and not even acknowledge it. His Setter, however, nearly pulls his wife over and growls at everything. So frustrating. Oh, and the boxers down the street that bark at everything and attack each other.. they're not vicious according to neighbors. They're just "hyper dogs." WTF is the difference in that and mine barking?! Ugh!

Old 05-03-2011, 06:56 AM   #14
Babposa

ikr verytime i had my pitty for a walk my friend and here irratating labrador the lab would try to mate my pitty and then she snapped she was all like he was just tryin to play and i was like u kno what maybe it wouldnt of happened if u would of had him under under control she wasnt in heat either her dog is just a hornball!

Old 06-02-2011, 07:51 AM   #15
ovenco

I think the majority of the public especially the ones who own these furry little evils would rather blame or call out the fault on someone else behalf. They seem to ALWAYS give little evils a pass simply because they are well, little. Or they are just embarrassed by the fact that they have no control over their animals and instead of thinking logically they rather try and get away with things like blaming. When I walk zoey though I must be honest, people give me this crazed look because she want's to eat other dogs on walks despite me having her under control she is still somewhat of a hassle by the way she reacts vocally. Sometimes though I actually come across some individuals who know the pitbull breed pretty decently and are not surprised that she is DA and do not leave me feeling like I have an evil dog

Old 06-02-2011, 03:41 PM   #16
Quonuttott

I had a customer come into work and saw my puppy and told another employee that people that own "those" dogs are idiots, and that God hates pit bulls because they have a demon in them and thats what makes them aggressive. He just walked away. He said he wasn't even going to go there with that idiot.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:14 PM   #17
bromgeksan

Evil..no, Mischievous...... maybe LOL

Old 06-02-2011, 07:20 PM   #18
Extipletape

My god. Well my idiot is my service dog and if people are scared of her they don't let me know (when her vest is on) though some people do turn around and walk right out of establishments we're in even though she's sitting or laying calmly right beside me (or under the table at some restaurants).

Reply to Thread New Thread