LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 04-13-2010, 04:58 AM   #1
Jasonstawnosaa

Default Anyone watching P&P at 9pm?
So this episode is suppose to have a human aggressive dog on it that is bought to Tia to be "rehabed".
Gonna watch and see how she finals it......

Old 04-13-2010, 05:01 AM   #2
lierro

Yep, watching it now!

Old 04-13-2010, 05:03 AM   #3
Slonopotam845

"Even I can't rehabilitate every dog, and if they're too dangerous they need to be put to sleep."
Sounds good to me.

Old 04-13-2010, 05:43 AM   #4
Jasonstawnosaa

"Even I can't rehabilitate every dog, and if they're too dangerous they need to be put to sleep."
Sounds good to me.

Me too! That dog is an accident and liability WAITING to happen.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

That dog NEEDS to be put DOWN!

Old 04-13-2010, 05:47 AM   #5
lierro

I 100% agree.

Old 04-13-2010, 05:53 AM   #6
Jasonstawnosaa

Old 04-13-2010, 05:56 AM   #7
lierro

Lmao!

Old 04-13-2010, 05:59 AM   #8
QRhnNSg9

Some people are ridiculous. That dog needs a date with a 9mm.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:01 AM   #9
Slonopotam845

1 good thing that came out of this episode- I hope people look at those "pitmatians", then look at Lily, and realize they look NOTHING alike.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:04 AM   #10
glazgoR@

1 good thing that came out of this episode- I hope people look at those "pitmatians", then look at Lily, and realize they look NOTHING alike.
Hope is the first step on the path that leads to disappointment.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:31 AM   #11
Slonopotam845

Hope is the first step on the path that leads to disappointment.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:45 AM   #12
12Jasoumemoobia

Yeah, I was very disappointed with the way she talked about this "aggressive" dog.

On the show she automatically categorized it as a badly bred dog with no hope without finding out more info on the owner, the training, or the living situation? My statements and questions to there Facebook page were the following:

Why would you accuse "Guado" of being a poorly bred dog??? Just because he's a blue does not mean he's a poorly bred dog. If you look at his papers, then you should advise us why he's a "poorly" bred dog to your standards. Also, there is a difference between DA and HA, but the only think you mention is AGGRESSION....

And walking "Guado" with two leashes from two different people is retarded. Cesar Milan would never do that. I heard he doesn't even know how to use a break stick, but he would NOT need two women to walk ONE dog. And, how would you know the reason "Guado" is "bad" dog is NOT because of the owner? You compliment Alex the owner of being a GREAT owner, and tell her the the dog is wired wrong, but how do you know? How long have you known Alex the owner?

Just does not sound good that she is very quick to determine a "Blue Nose" to be a bad dog without knowing much about it.

The owner said that "Guado" bit the neighbor after licking her hand. What constitutes a bite? Just ridiculous how some of these so-called pitbull pros will automatically say he's a bad dog. Call Cesar Millan!!

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

I also noticed how the dog continues to sound off aggressive barks towards the ranch owner. However, I think that it must be a weak dog owner who did not do a good job of letting her dog know that it's not ok and he needs to shut the heck up. This is not a sexist remark, but I think there are some women out there that are not physically strong enough to handle a "pitbull."

Old 05-12-2010, 10:59 AM   #13
Jasonstawnosaa

The owner, Alex, kept referring to Gwado as her "baby". Now I don't know for sure but she probably pampered and didn't set boundaries for him and now as a maturing, intact male he is acting out.
I love my Samson with all my heart but if he EVER started showing aggression ESPECIALLY to the severity that Gwado was he would be on the mantle in a box.
That dog is a liability and another black eye for the breed. When people see that dog they don't see an American Bully as an educated dog person would, they see a PIT BULL. Period.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:03 PM   #14
DexOnenlyCymn

Yeah, I was very disappointed with the way she talked about this "aggressive" dog.

On the show she automatically categorized it as a badly bred dog with no hope without finding out more info on the owner, the training, or the living situation? My statements and questions to there Facebook page were the following:

Why would you accuse "Guado" of being a poorly bred dog??? Just because he's a blue does not mean he's a poorly bred dog. If you look at his papers, then you should advise us why he's a "poorly" bred dog to your standards. Also, there is a difference between DA and HA, but the only think you mention is AGGRESSION....

And walking "Guado" with two leashes from two different people is retarded. Cesar Milan would never do that. I heard he doesn't even know how to use a break stick, but he would NOT need two women to walk ONE dog. And, how would you know the reason "Guado" is "bad" dog is NOT because of the owner? You compliment Alex the owner of being a GREAT owner, and tell her the the dog is wired wrong, but how do you know? How long have you known Alex the owner?

Just does not sound good that she is very quick to determine a "Blue Nose" to be a bad dog without knowing much about it.

The owner said that "Guado" bit the neighbor after licking her hand. What constitutes a bite? Just ridiculous how some of these so-called pitbull pros will automatically say he's a bad dog. Call Cesar Millan!!

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

I also noticed how the dog continues to sound off aggressive barks towards the ranch owner. However, I think that it must be a weak dog owner who did not do a good job of letting her dog know that it's not ok and he needs to shut the heck up. This is not a sexist remark, but I think there are some women out there that are not physically strong enough to handle a "pitbull."
You saw a small glimpse of what went on and the conversations between Tia and the owner. You have no idea if she asked about his home life and training, but IMO, short of training that dog to be HA, bad training does not cause an otherwise stable dog to be that over the top aggressive. The reason she said the owner was the dogs only hope was because she was thinking of giving him up to someone who could handle him, but no rescue would even begin to try and rehab that dog, he would be PTS without a doubt.

Also, the owner didn't even know anything about the dogs mom, so I doubt he had papers. He was not accused of being poorly bred because he was blue. He was accused of being poorly bred because he clearly unstable and came from another blue dog. Tia was pointing out that when you breed for color and not temperament, bad things can result. And often, it is breeders who specialize in blue dogs who are breeding for color. Her observation that the vast majority of unstable dogs she sees are blue, to me, makes a lot of sense. It's nothing against blue dogs, if you pay attention to what she was saying, it's a statement against bad breeding.

She also did mention DA versus HA. If you noticed in their initial discussion over the phone she said "I'm putting animal aggression on the back burner right now, it's the HA...."

Were you watching a different show? Walking that dog with two leashes was the only possible way either of them could get near him!

The dog lunged and snapped at the neighbors face...is that good enough for you?

You can pin it on the owner all you want, but that dog was clearly terrified. Getting him to shut up doesn't address the issue. The only issue I had with what Tia did was not push having the dog PTS. That dog was afraid of the world and should be put out of his misery.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:40 PM   #15
irrelaAnnekly

Im sorry but I watched the show last night and after that dog jumped and snapped at the owner's freind,that dog is off the hook he needs put down.To much for anyone to handle!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-12-2010, 06:26 PM   #16
ClaudeMarkus

You saw a small glimpse of what went on and the conversations between Tia and the owner. You have no idea if she asked about his home life and training, but IMO, short of training that dog to be HA, bad training does not cause an otherwise stable dog to be that over the top aggressive. The reason she said the owner was the dogs only hope was because she was thinking of giving him up to someone who could handle him, but no rescue would even begin to try and rehab that dog, he would be PTS without a doubt.

Also, the owner didn't even know anything about the dogs mom, so I doubt he had papers. He was not accused of being poorly bred because he was blue. He was accused of being poorly bred because he clearly unstable and came from another blue dog. Tia was pointing out that when you breed for color and not temperament, bad things can result. And often, it is breeders who specialize in blue dogs who are breeding for color. Her observation that the vast majority of unstable dogs she sees are blue, to me, makes a lot of sense. It's nothing against blue dogs, if you pay attention to what she was saying, it's a statement against bad breeding.

She also did mention DA versus HA. If you noticed in their initial discussion over the phone she said "I'm putting animal aggression on the back burner right now, it's the HA...."

Were you watching a different show? Walking that dog with two leashes was the only possible way either of them could get near him!

You can pin it on the owner all you want, but that dog was clearly terrified. Getting him to shut up doesn't address the issue. The only issue I had with what Tia did was not push having the dog PTS. That dog was afraid of the world and should be put out of his misery.
Good post. That dog needed PTS, like yesterday.

And Tia is right re: blue dogs having the potential for more issues. She was spot on when she said that many people breed blues strictly for color and don't care about anything else.
Piper's "breeder" is a prime example.. she adopted a blue dog from AC, said "oooh she's pretty, lets make puppies!", despite the dog having horrible Demodex, no papers, etc. Luckily, Piper's temperament couldn't be any better, but she has skin and stomach issues out the wazoo.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:58 PM   #17
12Jasoumemoobia

Why do you think the dog was so aggressive? Because he was tied on a leash and kept lunging up and barking? Don't many dogs act this way even more so when they are on a leash? As far as you saying that the dog lunged up and snapped at the neighbor's face, don't you think the dog would have bit her if he REALLY wanted to? That was a strong dog and I'm sure he could have attacked with full force if he wanted to. That owner in my opinion may not be strong enough to stop a determined "Pitbull" like her dog. And is it the dog's fault that he is scared out of his mind? Maybe the owner didn't socialize the pup at a young age...just sayin' I did rewatch the show and did see she did mention the difference between HA and DA. However, don't you think Cesar Millan would have been able to walk the dog all by himself???

And would you say a blue dog like mine who doesn't have two "blue" parent's is usually more stable? Here is a picture of my pup's dad.

Old 05-13-2010, 12:30 AM   #18
DexOnenlyCymn

Why do you think the dog was so aggressive? Because he was tied on a leash and kept lunging up and barking? Don't many dogs act this way even more so when they are on a leash?

To me, that dog's body language was a LOT different from a dog who is leash reactive. Usually a dog is leash reactive out of frustration because they are ramped up, want to get to something, and can't. That dog to me looked terrified. He was so terrified in fact, that he tried to BITE the owner's friend who he is normally fine with. Leash reactivity is one thing, being so afraid that he will bite anyone that comes near him is a different issue.

I consider the dog aggressive because he bit a woman before, tried to bite people on the show, and the owner who knows the dogs behavior a lot better than the rest of us, brought the dog to Tia for rehabilitation because he can not be trusted around people.

As far as you saying that the dog lunged up and snapped at the neighbor's face, don't you think the dog would have bit her if he REALLY wanted to? That was a strong dog and I'm sure he could have attacked with full force if he wanted to. That owner in my opinion may not be strong enough to stop a determined "Pitbull" like her dog.

A dog doesn't have to attack with full force to be unstable. If a dog is scared, they often just want to run away, not chase people down and maul them. But if cornered or otherwise handled improperly, they can be dangerous. If someone forces themselves on them, they will get bit. My guess is that this girl didn't recognize her dog's signs of fear and allowed the neighbor to force herself on him, and the dog snapped at her. She said the woman pulled away and got away with a scratch on the face from the dog's teeth. What do you think the dog was trying to do by lunging and snapping at the woman's face if not bite?

And is it the dog's fault that he is scared out of his mind? Maybe the owner didn't socialize the pup at a young age...just sayin' I did rewatch the show and did see she did mention the difference between HA and DA. However, don't you think Cesar Millan would have been able to walk the dog all by himself???

No, it's not the dogs fault at all. It's the breeders fault who created the genetic mess. Maybe socialization would have helped but I don't think poor socialization creates fear to the extent that I saw on that show.

I think Cesar Milan would have had her muzzle the dog, taken the leash, allowed the dog to go into complete panic until he was so physically exhausted that he didn't have any fight left in him, and called it "surrender". So yea, he probably would have found a way, but I don't think it would have addressed the problem.

And would you say a blue dog like mine who doesn't have two "blue" parent's is usually more stable? Here is a picture of my pup's dad.

Instability doesn't depend on color, it depends on breeding. If your dogs came from parents with solid temperaments, then yea, they're probably more stable. If they didn't then no, even if they were black, fawn, red, brindle, whatever. It is just that nowadays a lot of breeders who pump out blue dogs breed based on color, not temperament, because that's what people want, blue dogs. And the reason she asked about the color of the parents is because people breeding blue dogs together are often doing just that, breeding because they want that color.

Old 05-13-2010, 01:10 AM   #19
QRhnNSg9

However, don't you think Cesar Millan would have been able to walk the dog all by himself???
That dog would have bit Cesar Milan. And I would have laughed....

Old 05-13-2010, 01:31 AM   #20
DoctorQuquriramba

to be honest cesar wouldnt have gotten bit by the dog. i didn't watch the episode,but from what i'm hearing the dog was attacking out of fear. cesar's first step would be to gain the dog's trust. i'm going to go watch the episode now

Reply to Thread New Thread