LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 12-15-2010, 09:46 PM   #1
barsikjal

Default Michael Vick misses being a dog owner...

Poor baby....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...=ESPNHeadlines

Michael Vick wants to own a dog

ESPN.com news services

Michael Vick, who was banned by the judge who sentenced him on dogfighting charges from ever owning another dog, says he misses being a dog owner and would like to have one as a pet someday.

The Philadelphia Eagles quarterback, interviewed by NBC News and the website TheGrio.com, said he and his family miss having a dog. He said he wants to show people that he can be a responsible pet owner and that he would not take the opportunity for granted.

"I would love to get another dog in the future. I think it would be a big step for me in the rehabilitation process," Vick said, according to NBC News and TheGrio.com. The full interview was scheduled to be shown on TheGrio.com on Wednesday.

On Tuesday at a Philadelphia-area charter school, where Vick was speaking out against dogfighting, he was asked if he would return to the Eagles next season.

"I would hope so," Vick said, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer. "A lot of things have to happen. A lot of things have to take place. ... But hopefully I'm a Philadelphia Eagle next season."

Vick has led the Eagles to a share of the NFC East division lead and resurrected a career many thought was all but over after he went to federal prison for funding a dogfighting ring. The operation trained pit bulls to fight and killed dogs that did not perform well in training sessions.

Vick told NBC News and TheGrio.com. that he wants to show that that part of his past is behind him.

"I think just to have a pet in my household and to show people that I genuinely care, and my love and my passion for animals; I think it would be outstanding," Vick said in the interview. "If I ever have the opportunity again I will never take it for granted.

"I miss having a dog right now. I wish I could. My daughters miss having one, and that's the hardest thing: Telling them that we can't have one because of my actions," Vick said in the interview.

Old 12-15-2010, 09:49 PM   #2
Cheeniandab

If he cares that much let him have a poodle see if he takes care of that lol although that's easier to drown, electrocute, hang or slam on the pavement

Old 12-15-2010, 10:55 PM   #3
GroosteFoessy

Too soon. I think he will be able to get one eventually. And I don't believe he'd hurt it or anything.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:03 PM   #4
wheettebott

Jeez, the man served his time, let him get a little toy mutt or something. It's not like he can 'fight' it LOL

Old 12-15-2010, 11:08 PM   #5
Lenkapuppia

Old 12-15-2010, 11:18 PM   #6
ivandiadser

Get a cat...lol.

Or there's always the option of him leaving his family so they could get a dog.... lol.

I think eventually he'll be able to get any dog that hasn't ever been considered a fighting breed or 'dangerous' dog.... which is fair, but def. not this soon. If they were to let him get a dog this soon after what he did, he'd be a spoiled ass celebrity and that would be bs.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:33 PM   #7
Kilsimpaile

Are you Kidding me!!! How could he miss having a dog. He did not have a pet he ran a dog fighting ring!! I don't care how much time he served he mudered innocent animals for profit!!!!! The man has no soul!! He got off easy!!! He knew it was wrong and did it anyway!!! This is his punisment and everytime he wishes he could have a dog I hope he remembers all of the dogs that he killed or had killed. Im a vet tech and I have seen first hand the hell these poor creatures go through, physically and emotionally! The emotionally trauma is so great that some them get destroyed.. Because of people like Michael Vick!!!! This man is part of the reason that this breed gets a bad rap. When I walk my Pitbull down the street people walk across the street and give me dirty looks, like how could I own such a dangerous animal! So yes I'm a little upset when I hear he feels bad he can't have a dog!!! Too Dam Bad!!!! The price you pay for Murder!

Old 12-15-2010, 11:41 PM   #8
Lenkapuppia

Old 12-15-2010, 11:51 PM   #9
ChrisGoldstein

Old 12-15-2010, 11:53 PM   #10
Diwokfkq

Are you Kidding me!!! How could he miss having a dog. He did not have a pet he ran a dog fighting ring!! I don't care how much time he served he mudered innocent animals for profit!!!!! The man has no soul!! He got off easy!!! He knew it was wrong and did it anyway!!! This is his punisment and everytime he wishes he could have a dog I hope he remembers all of the dogs that he killed or had killed. Im a vet tech and I have seen first hand the hell these poor creatures go through, physically and emotionally! The emotionally trauma is so great that some them get destroyed.. Because of people like Michael Vick!!!! This man is part of the reason that this breed gets a bad rap. When I walk my Pitbull down the street people walk across the street and give me dirty looks, like how could I own such a dangerous animal! So yes I'm a little upset when I hear he feels bad he can't have a dog!!! Too Dam Bad!!!! The price you pay for Murder!
Oh good grief

Old 12-16-2010, 12:03 AM   #11
gortusbig

Old 12-16-2010, 12:06 AM   #12
GroosteFoessy

They have a point. He should think about what he's done. It was wrong and we all know it. But there are plenty of threads on that!

About him getting a dog. He should have to wait. They shouldn't let him get a pet the first time he asks because they would send the wrong 'message', for lack of a better word. I can't think of the word I want to use here .

But I think they will let him in a while. Don't y'all? I don't see them holding the 'never own a dog again' rule here. lol

Though I must say this. Forgive me for being uptight but you can not murder and animal.
[mur-der]
–noun
Law . the killing of another human being under conditions specifically covered in law. In the U.S., special statutory definitions include murder committed with malice aforethought, characterized by deliberation or premeditation or occurring during the commission of another serious crime, as robbery or arson (first-degree murder), and murder by intent but without deliberation or premeditation (second-degree murder).

This may seem like a small thing, but it isn’t. Using the word murder to describe the unlawful killing of animals is just another way to blur the crucial distinction between us and animals. Animals can be abused, but they cannot be murdered.

So do you guys think they will let him get another 'dangerous breed' like APBT? Or will he have tougher guidelines.

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Really... 'MICHAEL VICK' is in the title. You know what it's about when you open it.

Old 12-16-2010, 12:07 AM   #13
gortusbig

I've got a dog he can have.

Old 12-16-2010, 12:11 AM   #14
GroosteFoessy

I've got a dog he can have.
I don't think even Vick would take your dog...

Old 12-16-2010, 12:14 AM   #15
gortusbig

I don't think even Vick would take your dog...

no need to rub it in.
lol.

Old 12-16-2010, 12:33 AM   #16
12Cickprior

I don't understand. If he has been sentenced to never own a dog again, why should he suddenly be allowed to own one? People don't get sentenced to life "or until you feel sorry for yourself". Whatever sentence was handed down should be the price he pays.

Old 12-16-2010, 01:18 AM   #17
DghtRdc

I don't think it's fair that he can not have a dog. People kill other people with cars all the time and almost as soon as they serve their sentence they are back behind the wheel and Vick didn't even kill anybody.

Old 12-16-2010, 01:19 AM   #18
Jasonstawnosaa

If he misses being around dogs he should volunteer at an animal shelter or humane society. That's what I'm doing to curb my want of another dog, since I know I can't have another right now.

Old 12-16-2010, 02:09 AM   #19
ivandiadser

If he misses being around dogs he should volunteer at an animal shelter or humane society. That's what I'm doing to curb my want of another dog, since I know I can't have another right now.
That's the best idea I've heard yet for Vick. It would show that he cares without being an owner. He'd be taking a step in the right direction. Serving time and spending money showed American that he had a punishment... it did not show that he cared one bit... something like volunteering for a shelter would show that he has at least a little heart.

Old 12-16-2010, 02:12 AM   #20
Unonounaple

Oh Jesus, here we go again.

Reply to Thread New Thread