LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 11-14-2010, 01:48 PM   #1
paydayus

Default I am so unappreciated! (rant)
Who inspects the poop for debris and parasites every day? ME!

Who scoops the poop? ME!

Who gets up at the buttcrack of dawn every day, even on weekends, to feed and water the pets? ME!

Who dog proofs the house as much as possbile and cleans up anything they do manage to get? ME!

Who feeds reluctant and pissy pets their meds? ME!

Who smells like dog for days after giving everyone their baths? ME!

Who worries like its my own kids and does all the research, scheduling of vet appointments, etc? ME!

Who would the dogs sell out for a comfy spot on the bed? ME!
Freakin ingrates!

We did all of our grocery shopping, went and got my eye exam for my new glasses and did some clering out in the garage. After that, we went to an Animation Rarities festival last night in Redford. It was awesome. An old theatre hosted cartoons from the 30's, 40's and 50's so we took my son and went. By the time it was all over I was very, very tired.

We come home and when I go to let the dogs out for the last potty of the night I see Owen had crate poo. It was liquidy and there was so much that it even got into the neighboring crate and on the floor between the two. I spend an hour cleaning it up before falling into bed.

I get up at 6:15 this morning and go to let the dogs out and he did it again! I clean it up, feeling gross and icky, look around for some doggy loving to make it all worth it and they are all up in bed cuddling with my husband! Really?? God forbid the dogs toss me some kisses and a "Thanks, Mom!" Nooo, they go sleep with the "fun" parent.

Thats ok, though. Guess who does the Christmas shopping? ME!

Old 11-14-2010, 01:53 PM   #2
DenisLevvin

LOL I say kick the old man in the ass and get some help. Just sayin'

Old 11-14-2010, 01:59 PM   #3
fuesquemill

Pretty much the story of my life LOL. I do basically everything around the house, including all of the animals care. Now that BF & I broke up, he's saying he's going to help around the house more (since we'll be living together for now).. wtf?!

Old 11-14-2010, 02:03 PM   #4
Starichok

That is what Mommies do. I am the caregiver, the doctor, the walker and poo scooper. But also my girls listen to me. The fun parent has no control. My girls walk over him all the time. And I get to snicker under my breath to watch him get frustrated.
I hope your days goes better. Try feeding solid pumpkin to the sick one. That helps my girls when they have a tummy ache.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:42 PM   #5
sXVUOUVC

sounds like mom needs a mini vacation (they sure miss ya when youve been gone for a little while)

Old 11-14-2010, 04:30 PM   #6
paydayus

LOL I say kick the old man in the ass and get some help. Just sayin'
My dear husband could eat e coli with a side of salmonella and be fine. Let him try to pick up poo or vomit and he turns funny colors and runs for the hills. He's useless with the messes.

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

sounds like mom needs a mini vacation (they sure miss ya when youve been gone for a little while)
Ive tried that. I end up with endless phone calls for stupid shit like "Where's my socks and jacket?" Ummm "In the dresser and the closet where they have been for the last 6 years???"
rofl

Old 11-14-2010, 04:40 PM   #7
f6HLLFcw

That is what Mommies do. I am the caregiver, the doctor, the walker and poo scooper. But also my girls listen to me. The fun parent has no control. My girls walk over him all the time. And I get to snicker under my breath to watch him get frustrated.
exactly!
it's SO worth the hassle

Old 11-14-2010, 05:26 PM   #8
Uplillacype

I feel your pain, Im the one who does everything as well. But, theyre MY dogs, so I grin and bear it.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:36 PM   #9
BokerokyBan

But guess who loves and appreciates that........ YOUR DOG !!!!!

Old 11-14-2010, 08:34 PM   #10
klnbgqr

Hahaha I know what you mean.
Bransen always goes to Thomas when I give him shit. haha
Thomas does lots though, plays with him and picks up the poop, etc

Old 11-14-2010, 11:22 PM   #11
theatadug

Ain't that always the way...

Look at it like this...you're reserving your spot in heaven.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:57 AM   #12
Lebybynctisee

I know the feeling. I do absolutely everything for the dog and who does she prefer to be with? My husband and daughter. Probably because they play with her. They are fun. Typical dog I tell you.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:38 AM   #13
Narkeere

I only get that kind of dissing from my real kids! (I always did everything for them but Dad can do no wrong!)

I do everything for Pooh too, but at least he has the good grace to love me more!

But get this...at Petsmart today a local shelter had a bunch of dogs for adoption. While I was at class with Pooh, my husband is checking them out. He tells me after class that I have to come look at this sweet little female pup, that we should get her as a "companion" for Pooh! What the heck? That would just mean twice the work for me, while he ignores TWO dogs!

...she was really sweet though...it was tempting but I'm not even close to ready for that.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:31 PM   #14
paydayus

I only get that kind of dissing from my real kids! (I always did everything for them but Dad can do no wrong!)

I do everything for Pooh too, but at least he has the good grace to love me more!

But get this...at Petsmart today a local shelter had a bunch of dogs for adoption. While I was at class with Pooh, my husband is checking them out. He tells me after class that I have to come look at this sweet little female pup, that we should get her as a "companion" for Pooh! What the heck? That would just mean twice the work for me, while he ignores TWO dogs!

...she was really sweet though...it was tempting but I'm not even close to ready for that.
Rita and Ike were buddies because of playdates and visits to my house when my brother lived far away and came for a few days to spend time with me. I really liked it because she kept Ike occupied and tired him out while he ws going through the brat stage.

When Lil Bro couldn't keep her and she was in kinda bad shape I went on a campaign to convince my husband to take her. We were already tossing around the idea of a 2nd dog and Rita was over a year old so I was hoping to skip the pup stage because they are soo much work.

When the situation became serious, my husband thinking a 2nd dog was a forgone conclusion and Rita about to go to the pound, we took her. I thought there would be so much extra day to day work but its not like that. Just a couple more minutes preparing bowls at feeding time and a couple more minutes when its time to do meds (flea, heartworm and such) nails, baths and ear cleanings. Heck, Rita is easier and quicker to groom and dose than Ike is plus she plays with Ike and wears him out for me. I just space things out. Saturday for baths, Sunday ear cleanings, next week flea and heartworm meds repeat next month. No biggie. I even spaced out vet visits. Ike goes in winter (December) Rita goes in spring (April) and Owen goes in fall (September) that way its no huge deal financially.

Its a lot like having kids. Huge life change when the first comes along, a little more work and some extra gear when the 2nd comes along and by the time the thrid gets there you don't even notice. Its just one more plate at the dinner table and a slight change in schedule!

I also like that there are enough dogs to cover doggie duties. No more fighting about holding the leash since there are enough leashes to go around. No more being all butthurt because the only dog is cuddling someone else. And the added bonus is that Rita is a true terrier and handles vermin!

I say go for it if you want more than one dog.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:35 PM   #15
viiagrag

(Good) moms do that

Old 11-15-2010, 02:41 PM   #16
paydayus

Oh, and Owens poo issues ended yesterday. I think he ate something he shouldn't. Like maybe the middle daughter may have sortta kinda admitted to slipping him some of her tuna salad sammich. I say maybe and sortta because the confession wasn't exactly straighforward,lol. I had to clean up 3 rounds of icky-poo and go out to lunch at Chili's smelling like bleach, but its over...for now.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:05 PM   #17
Seesspoxy

Ugh I know how you feel.

I passed out early last night because I had a headache from hell. I woke up at midnight to Lucy and Damas whining at me, and Ethel ramming me with her nose because they didn't have dinner yet, even though 4 hours before I told Richie to feed the dogs and let them out because I was going to bed.

So I got to go out in the living room to him playing video games and do some yelling. If that PS3 was mine and not my room mates, I'd secretly sell it like I did with my 360, so something will get accomplished around here by someone who's not me.

Reply to Thread New Thread