LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 10-11-2010, 06:51 PM   #1
Qnnoshxj

Default New Owner
Hello everyone,
I was not expecting to be a new owner of about a 2 month old Pit Bull puppy. But this past saturday I took my 7yr old son to the park to play. I brought some food so we could sit down an have lunch while we were there. I noticed a guy in a truck pull up and push a puppy out of his truck and then take off. I could not believe it. I noticed the puppy heading toward the play areas. The kids went crazy for the little puppy. Many asked their parents if they could keep it but non of the parents answered their kids. I heard one say it was a Pit Bull and it was not going to be a safe dog for kids and that's all it took so for all the parents to say no to their kids. I decided to go over to get the puppy but right before got to her a kid picked her up and said he wanted to take her. So he took her over to where his family was having a BBQ and i seen all the family playing with it and having fun with the puppy. So I thought cool. They will take it in. The kids were so happy with the pup. Then about 20 min later I was just about to take off when one of the kids came up to me with the pup and told me that their mom and dad decided against taking the dog. Poor Kid he was almost about to cry. To told me if I wanted to take it. So I said I would. I took her home and my son fell in love with the dog right away. I decided to keep her. I dont know why someone would just push dog out like that out and leave. I hope the pup is healthy. I will get her to the Vet in the next couple of days to be checked out. The urine and poop seem normal and the coat was in beautiful condition. I gave her a bath when I got her home and she had a bunch of fleas. After the bath it looked like pepper on the bottom of the tub. I will post pics as soon as i can. We have had her about 4 days now and she has already adjusted so well and is part of our family already. She is so loveable and happy. Since sat i have been getting great information on this site. I hope to get a lot more.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:53 PM   #2
Dstyeglm

Wow people suck! Thank you for helping her. Can't wait to see pictures!

Old 10-11-2010, 07:55 PM   #3
codespokerbonus

Poor pup. Thanks for picking her up and taking her home.

and Welcome!

Old 10-11-2010, 08:00 PM   #4
Rnlvifov

So glad she found you!

Can't wait to see the pictures.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:01 PM   #5
xqkAY7Lg

Poor thing. Glad you saw it and picked her up!

Old 10-11-2010, 09:51 PM   #6
Seesspoxy

Welcome, and congrats on your new pup!

I strongly recommend reading all the stickies on the forum.

Old 10-11-2010, 09:58 PM   #7
zoppereurvito

Agreed with Robyn! The stickies in the training and health forum are super super helpful, as well as reading up on the behavior and whatnot of pit bulls in the stickies in this general forum. Puppies are hard work but SO much fun! After you get a clear vetcheck and all rounds of shots, definitely think abut looking into puppy obedience classes. They are surely a lifesaver!!

Everyone here is super helpful so please don't hesitate to ask questions! They have helped me so much with the health and training of my pit mix.

Bless you for taking this little girl in! and please, post photos!!

Old 10-11-2010, 09:58 PM   #8
9wQlZkIj

Doing the right thing to do your research! Hope it all works out.

Old 10-11-2010, 10:21 PM   #9
Qnnoshxj

Thank you all for the nice words and I will check it out. I want to do things right and it seems this board will be a big help in getting the information I need. I will try and post pics tonight.
Thanks you all.
G

Old 10-11-2010, 11:28 PM   #10
Affolfembonge

As with any dog it should be vaccinated and wormed etc which if it was dumped, the previous owners probably weren't to stringent about. You should see the vet as soon as possible to get the ball rolling on these things. Until they are vaccinated you should avoid letting the pup out in public because there are diseases which can kill your new pup if it catches them.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:47 AM   #11
HitAttetlyTek

Welcome to PBC!

So glad you saved the little darling, and glad you came here to learn about the breed!

Old 10-12-2010, 04:57 AM   #12
jadabaad

So glad you were still there in time to help that puppy! It's so sad that she'd gone from one person to another, and been turned away when they heard what she was. They didn't deserve her.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:15 AM   #13
gregmcal

hell yeah that dog was meant for yall

welcome to the forum

Old 11-11-2010, 01:19 PM   #14
paydayus

Wow, you have to wonder if Fate does exist! I hope you and your family enjoy your new dog and keep her forever! Please post pics as I need my puppy fix

Reply to Thread New Thread