LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-15-2010, 07:35 PM   #1
tearidrusydet

Default What does your dog do when you are sick?
Just a fun little question.

What does your dog do when you are sick?

Sasha will usually get up in the bed and stay with me until I am better. She never leaves my side when I am sick, which sadly sometimes gets annoying. Sometimes you want to go to the bathroom without an audience or lay on the couch without being smooshed by your dog. But she will get up in the bed and not leave my side and I think the main reason she does that is she is never going to pass up an opportunity to be allowed in bed. LOL (She rarely is allowed in the bed)

Now I have had other dogs that will only come around when they are hungry and avoid me at all costs when I am sick.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:51 PM   #2
Kolokireo

Lily is always near me/on me/next to me regardless of whether I'm sick or not. Liberty stays near me, but goes away if I'm ornery.
This is a picture of me sleeping off a dose of benadryl after my reaction to Vectra. My mom took this picture:

Old 09-15-2010, 09:58 PM   #3
ultimda horaf

Lucy climbs right into bed with me and cuddles the whole time. She doesn't follow me around the house too much, unless I cook something. She uses her dog magic to help me sleep throughout whatever I'm sick with.

And you all know what dog magic I'm talking about. The ability to turn you from wide awake, to drowsy and nodding off within 5-15 minutes of cuddling up to you.

Old 09-16-2010, 04:40 AM   #4
defenderfors

sabrina out of all the dogs is the most sensitive to my emotions and feelings.she does sleep with me anyway,but when i'm sick she tries and helps me out.think of it like a service dog helps the person in need.she gets my drink,my backpack,and even helps me out of bed if i need it.

Old 09-16-2010, 04:53 AM   #5
VodsNittats

Absolutely nothing. But then again, I'm never sick enough to have to/want to curl up in bed and sleep for hours. But in any case, Jake's my shadow anyways: he follows me everywhere, and if I conked out for a few hours, he'll do the same. He won't cuddle up to me, though; he's just not touchy-feely like that (however, if I move my mattress to the floor, he may decide that the mattress is comfy enough that he can put up with my body touching him. But he won't jump on a bed or couch just to snuggle. It's not in his vocabulary). If I'm sick, his personality is exactly the same as always. He's not any more sensitive or gentle or tender. He might refrain from throwing a soggy toy in my face and grinning like a fool, expecting me to throw the toy, but he doesn't make any effort to make me feel better. That's okay, though. A couple of the cats fulfill that part.

Old 09-16-2010, 06:59 PM   #6
tearidrusydet

Very interesting. Yeah Sasha is usually interested in other things going on or watching TV. But when I am sick she doesn't leave my side for a minute. Which is good because last time I was sick I was really sick. (Stomach Virus) so I used her as a barrier to keep me from falling on the floor. I was so dizzy on top of everything else. But she is a good little nurse when I am sick. Trouble always just came around long enough to make sure I was still breathing (aka wake me up from a good sleep) and then go about his way.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:02 PM   #7
NvrNoNowX

Go AWAY mom I got this covered!

Dad's sick mom......

Old 09-16-2010, 09:20 PM   #8
corkBrobe

Peanut is always next to me no matter what. he sleeps on me well or sick. Right now i am actually getting over a cold and we have just been hanging out. i think he is more bummed that we are not doing anything fun but i told him as soon as i am better i am going to make it up to him we will have a fun day

Old 09-16-2010, 11:01 PM   #9
TagBahthuff

When I am sick, my dogs are little cuddle bugs. Jt and Caesar stay by my side the majority of the time but they are even more clingy when I am sick. One time when I had a bad reaction to one of my RA meds and what puking my guts out, Jt broke our bathroom door trying to get to me in the bathroom. Our bathroom door has never been the same.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:25 PM   #10
GrileVege

Some of mine follow me all the time no matter what.

Some of mine seem to be a bit more in tune with my feelings and I find them around a bit more if I am sick or feeling bad.

Some of mine could not care less.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:30 PM   #11
sFs4aOok

Mollie and Bella are the only ones that are allowed to have free run when I am home, and get in the bed, so they are the two leeches that never leave my side... but they still have BHS.... Bed Hog Syndrome.... when I'm sick.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:51 PM   #12
vdw4Epsi

kilo is my only APBT that will check on me the others just come when they are hungry

Old 09-17-2010, 03:29 AM   #13
GenrieAB

i dont get sick often but regardless i always have 2 shadowsfollowing me around the house.
but i wish they would have less energy when I get sick because its a pain having to walk them as much as I do when i am sick

Old 09-17-2010, 03:52 AM   #14
avaicavum

I don't get sick that often but when I was really sick last week Dixie cuddled with me. She's quite the bed hog though. My dog Jenny (RIP) would cuddle with me when I was sick as well. Mind you she was a rottie mix, so took most of the bed or the couch.

Buster & Rudy could care less as they are not that affectionate. Tiger my cat will sleep with me if I am sick also, but he usually always sleeps with me. The other 2 could care less.

Old 09-17-2010, 02:11 PM   #15
sbrpkkl

this was the day after surgery on my shoulder/Users/steve/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2010/Apr 20, 2010/IMG_0117.JPG

Old 09-17-2010, 11:18 PM   #16
comprar-espana

The day after we went canoeing down the cahaba my neck/shoulder were hurting like really really super bad!!!lol kris was gone to is gp's. I was in bed in pain and crying b/c i couldn't get up mugs,bonnie no where to be found but zoe was in the bed likcing,loving and crying with me. She is such a sweet heart.

Old 09-18-2010, 01:25 AM   #17
Clilmence

They eat, sleep, shit, piss, and bark.

Reply to Thread New Thread