LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 08-20-2010, 11:13 PM   #1
QzVyZbTg

Default My dogs got skunked last night
So last night I was able to get the stench out of their body. But gottie got skunked more. I can still smell a little it on his face. I try to wash his face as best as I can, given that i didnt want to irriate his eyes and nose and ears. You know?I thought I did a good job last night. He is terrifed of water so it was hard esp since its was mostly on his face. What we did last night was hose them down gave them a bath and used mouth wash. So how can I get the stench off his face?

Old 08-20-2010, 11:39 PM   #2
Muramoursuard

Unscented douche.

From what I've heard it works, and it won't irritate his skin or eyes, since it's a douche.

Old 08-21-2010, 01:06 AM   #3
merloermfgj

I used the hydrogen peroxide/baking soda/dish soap mixture. Here's a link and there's a tip about how to protect the eyes too.

De-Skunking Dogs - How to Remove Skunk Smell from Dogs

I didn't use mineral oil but was extra careful with cleaning my dog's face (rubbing in the mixture with my fingers and using a damp cloth to wipe off most of it before rinsing around her eyes). I used the leftover mixture to soak my dog's leather collar to get the smell out of that too.

Old 08-21-2010, 04:37 AM   #4
kenowinnumberss

I used the hydrogen peroxide/baking soda/dish soap mixture. Here's a link and there's a tip about how to protect the eyes too.

De-Skunking Dogs - How to Remove Skunk Smell from Dogs

I didn't use mineral oil but was extra careful with cleaning my dog's face (rubbing in the mixture with my fingers and using a damp cloth to wipe off most of it before rinsing around her eyes). I used the leftover mixture to soak my dog's leather collar to get the smell out of that too.
peroxide/dawn/baking soda works wonders. odin got sprayed and it helped a lot. he still smelled funky when he got wet for a couple of months, but it was a lot better.

Old 08-21-2010, 04:59 AM   #5
mikelangr

I have heard tomato juice helps you have to get the dog wet then cover with tomato juice and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes I have never personally had to do this but I know people that have and said it works.

Old 08-21-2010, 05:26 AM   #6
Muramoursuard

We used tomato juice with my boxer once. The skunk had blasted him a couple of times directly in the face (and being a big dumb boxer, he didn't get the hint with the first spray and kept messing with it).

We tried tomato juice. His skin dried out and started peeling (not to mention it looked kind of painful). All that happened was he smelled like tomato and skunk for several months.

Old 08-21-2010, 06:56 AM   #7
alecaf

Will soap.. baking soda.. fresh milk work?

Old 08-21-2010, 04:40 PM   #8
glamourcitys

I have heard tomato soup mixed with peroxide and baking soda works.

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

We used tomato juice with my boxer once. The skunk had blasted him a couple of times directly in the face (and being a big dumb boxer, he didn't get the hint with the first spray and kept messing with it).
My family used to breed Boxers. My cousin always said Boxers are stupid until they are at least two years old!

Old 08-22-2010, 01:49 AM   #9
Muramoursuard

My family used to breed Boxers. My cousin always said Boxers are stupid until they are at least two years old!
He was dumber than a fence post until he died from being hit by a car at the age of 5.

Reply to Thread New Thread