LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 07-31-2010, 10:12 PM   #1
Msrwbdas

Default Cleo almost killed a Boxer..
Early this morning, the neighbors female Boxer came running up to our house. Cleo stayed on her chain spot last night and I was outside fixing to let her off to put her in our fence. Well here comes this Boxer, a little over a year, and I'm guessing weighing probably close to 60, 65lbs hauling ass towards us. I WAS SCARED TO DEATH! The damn thing, I swear looked and acted like it had rabies, but it really didnt lol. When it got to us, it stopped about mmmm maybe five or so feet from us, and started barking and growling. At the time Cleo wsas still attached to her chain spot, barking with the hair down the middle of her back raised. I have NEVER seen her like this EVER! She gets along with everyone and everything except cats and this one dog! I was standing by Cleo absolutely scared to death trying to find a stick or something so I could at least try to scare the Boxer away. And then, the dog comes after me! She tries to jump up and bite me on my arm, but I stumble back and fall. She is then in the reach of Cleo.. As soon as that dog got close enough to her Cleo grabbed the side of her muzzle. Around the time they made contact, my other neighbor right across the street, came out of his house. As soon as I seen him, I told him to grab his rifle. He comes out a few seconds later, got on his 4 wheeler and road full speed over to us. By this time, Cleo has the Boxer by the top of the neck, moving towards her head. There was blood EVERYWHERE!! I didnt know if it was from Cleo, or the Boxer and I was freaking the hell out! I had never seen anything like this in my entire life! And all of this was taking place while Cleo was still on the chain! My neighbor tryed hitting them both with a stick before he used the gun. It worked and the boxer let go, but Cleo was still hanging on. I told him to hit Cleo with it, and do anything he possibly colud to get her to let go and after a few hard hits to the muzzle she let go. It was finally over! The neighbor took the Boxer away so all of Cleo's attention wasnt focused on her, and I finally got to get a good look at Cleo's wounds. She has a gash to her front leg, and a hundred little bitty bite marks on her face. I was so glad she was ok.. I left Cleo to go check on the Boxer, and Lord she look horrible. She was tore open on her neck, her chest, under her right front leg like her underarm, and had deep puncture wounds on her head and muzzle. She was breathing heavy. I contacted her owner, and told him the whole story with my neighbor by my side as the witness. He, very surprisingly took it better than expected. I told him to keep his damn dog in his yard, except i didnt say it so kindly. He said he was sorry, and I almost unwillingly accepted. I told him I would pay the vet bills, being the dog lover I am.. I just cant stand to see an animal in pain. He told me that that wouldnt be neccessary and that he would take care of it. I'm so relieved that the law wasnt involved. They would have somehow found a way to blame it all on Cleo, just because she's a "pitbull". When I got back home, I went out there to Cleo's chain spot... and just hugged her, crying my eyeballs out.. I thanked her for protecting me, I guess you could call it. I set out there for it felt like forever just loving on her and giving her big hugs and kisses. Then, I brought her in and cleaned the dirt out of her front leg and wrapped it up. It doesnt look too bad, so she should be fine. Now, she's laying on the couch sleeping next to me.. Snoring of course! Ahh, I love this little dog more than words can explain. She's truely my heart dog.

Old 07-31-2010, 10:25 PM   #2
littlePen

Give her a steak for me... Congrats.

Old 07-31-2010, 10:28 PM   #3
Msrwbdas

Will do..

Old 07-31-2010, 10:40 PM   #4
atmowasia

Awwwww I love Cleo, glad she is ok . I am gonna meet that girl one day, and bring Tyson with me, after his balls are clipped off though

Old 07-31-2010, 10:43 PM   #5
Msrwbdas

Awwwww I love Cleo, glad she is ok . I am gonna meet that girl one day, and bring Tyson with me, after his balls are clipped off though
Looking forward to it!
They would have a BLAST!
And... so would we

Old 07-31-2010, 10:44 PM   #6
qd0vhq4f

see, bullys aint completely worthless LOL

Old 07-31-2010, 10:54 PM   #7
QXCharles

.......Break Stick.

Old 07-31-2010, 10:56 PM   #8
xtc2d6u8

Good girl, Cleo.

Glad she'll be fine and you were not hurt.

Old 07-31-2010, 10:58 PM   #9
littlePen

Looking forward to it!
They would have a BLAST!
And... so would we
You know I caught that.

Old 07-31-2010, 11:02 PM   #10
atmowasia

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

.......Break Stick.
Even if she had one (which she may) I don't think she would carry it with her to take her dog off of her chain.....

Old 07-31-2010, 11:05 PM   #11
Msrwbdas

You know I caught that.
PERV!

And, I don't have a break stick..
Guess I need to invest in one soon though..

Old 07-31-2010, 11:06 PM   #12
AgJ5mNXM

oh my! what an experience. I'm sure Cleo did think she was protecting you - that dog came running at you both viciously!

You need to get a breakstick. That fight could have been stopped quicker if you had one & were prepared to use it. But I know it's hard to get prepared for a dog fight without ever experiencing one. It's intense & scary. The first time I saw Debo get in a fight (same thing, neighbor's dog got out of their fence & came into our yard), I was practically paralyzed - all I could do was yell for my bf to get out there. So don't feel bad, just learn from it.

I'm glad you guys are ok!

ETA: saw your post after mine posted.

Old 07-31-2010, 11:07 PM   #13
Msrwbdas

Good girl, Cleo.

Glad she'll be fine and you were not hurt.
Thanks

And no LWG, not all Bullies are worthless...
Especially not this one

Old 07-31-2010, 11:20 PM   #14
littlePen

I am what I am and refuse to apologize for it.

Old 07-31-2010, 11:25 PM   #15
Msrwbdas

Thas DDE!
Yeah, it was quite the experience.
I was just...well, I dont think I can even find the right word that would express just how scared I was.
It all happened SOO fast, but it felt like it went on forever, ya know what I mean?

Shaka, you crack me up.

Old 07-31-2010, 11:31 PM   #16
Shootohoist

Dog bites can get infected really quick. Do you have anything to prevent that. Are there any puncture wounds on her legs. They may look superficial from the outside BUT are pockets on skin underneath.

I know here in my county in FL (about 20 minutes from the AL line) the E Vet will contact the health department if you go there with an animal on animal fight. I just went through it when my dog attacked my cat and I had to take the cat to the E Vet (I was not trying to staple the would on her stomach without sedation). I went through a 10 day home quarantine. And Both my animals were up to date on Rabies.

How far are you away from Brewton?

Also invest in a breakstick. I ALWAYS carry one when going out to the dog yard. You never know. And when once is tehtered it is easier to break one off.

Old 07-31-2010, 11:32 PM   #17
QXCharles

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

Even if she had one (which she may) I don't think she would carry it with her to take her dog off of her chain.....
And why not? I carry mine EVERYWHERE I go because it is more practical then whacking the piss out of a dog you know wont let go and cause more damage to the other dog or both. I been there, done that...learned from the same mistake and I will never go anywhere without my stick even if it were in an UNfenced yard with a chained dog...better safe then sorry and you never know when you're going to need it...get it? not trying to be a little shit but I am just speaking out of what SHOULD have been used..the fight would have ended sooner if that were the case with little to no real damage done

Old 07-31-2010, 11:34 PM   #18
Gazeboss

And, I don't have a break stick..
Guess I need to invest in one soon though..
I highly recommend these
O'Briens Supply break sticks - Products Equipment

Old 07-31-2010, 11:34 PM   #19
Donadoni1809

Good girl Cleo!

I had a GSD come at me once. I was getting something out of the car and had my back turned. I heard growling and the neighbors male GSD was coming towards me. I had my Dobes then. I almost felt sorry for the GSD when my 2 Doberboys were done with him. Zeus had jumped the fence and grabbed him first, then Gunner rammed the gate open since he had issues with his back legs and couldn't jump. They used him like a tug rope. Thankfully another neighbor was their to help get them off the dog. Since Gunner had already killed a dog and 2 cats, I didn't need another dogs death on his record even in defense of me!

Old 07-31-2010, 11:37 PM   #20
bactrimtab

OMG that is terrible! I am just glad you were alright and she was there to get that dog away from you. I can't believe it just ran up to you and bit you. I don't think it would have been fair for you to pay anything since the dog came into your yard and attacked not only your dog, but you yourself. Did you ask him if his dog was UTD on shots? I am so so glad you are alright and Cleo is too! Stupid owners need to keep their dogs in check and not running wild. I had a similar experience while walking my dogs, only it was a black lab (go figure). He didn't attack me just my boys I was walking, but it was still scary as hell. Finally his owners came out and got the dog away from us. Again glad you are okay!

Reply to Thread New Thread