LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 07-25-2010, 07:28 PM   #1
Hofonom

I agree he should have kept his dog inside,
Ive seen a female bred to 2 different males and produce dogs/puppy s similar to both males.. is this even possible 2males sire a litter

Old 07-25-2010, 08:13 PM   #2
MyOwnStyle

They only way to know for sure is to DNA test the male beagle and the female beagle, and DNA test all the pups. Some might be the male beagles, some might be the labs, and some might be the APBTs.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:18 PM   #3
tearidrusydet

I hope the female makes it. Here in Georgia, some of the good-ole-boy hunters will breed anything to anything as long as the sire and dam have "proven" themselves as hunting dogs. This includes Pit Bulls to Great Danes (to have larger "catch dogs")....Beagles to "Laceys," Jack Russells to Jagdterriers, etc. Fortunately, because they don't believe in spay/abort because their intention was breeding the two different dogs, the majority of the times, the female births okay.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:01 PM   #4
ephennaCypota

Long story, but when I was a kid we had a Boston Terrier who was technically owned by my grandparents (they wanted to breed her with their male when she was old enough, but he wouldn't leave her alone and they needed a place for her to go. They also refused to legally give her to us or have her fixed) and given to me. She went into heat and no one knew and ended up getting pregnant by a 3 legged Shep/Lab/who knows what else mix that literally hopped our fence and tied with her. I was just 14 and SHOCKED when I came out to let her in and saw the tie.

Normally, Boston Terriers have small litters of small dogs. Ours had 5 pups that were pretty big. The pups all survived and so did our dog, but I had to actually pull the last 2 pups out and break their sacs for her as she was exhausted. Since my grandparents considered her "ruined" they signed her over to my parents.

After 3 weeks of feeding the pups, they drained her dry and we found her on the floor, breasts flattened to her body, babies still nursing and her foaming at the mouth. Emergency trip to the vet revealed she just couldn't support the needs of the litter and we had to wean them immediately. Our girl spent the day at the vet with an IV in and resting. We fed the babies for her and gave them away to friends and family when they were totally on hard food.

Shortly after she recovered she got mastitis and then we discovered she had pyometra. She was spayed by emergency surgery and the total bill for the couple months od dealign with the mess was $3,800 and countless sleepless nights, much time spent caring for her and the pups and many crying jags between me and my mom.

Personally, I hope David opts for a spay abort. Better for the mom than risking all kinds of other problems related to her having the litter and better for the pups than what usually happens to mutts.

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

D'oh! Just realized the dates and put 2 and 2 together with the other thread about Daisy and her pregnancy. Yeah, I have the memory of a gnat and an real slow before the coffee kicks in.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:02 PM   #5
NikolaAAA

Guys this is from months ago, everything that happened was in an updated thread. Good News, AC is on the way. I'll find it and post it here.

Long story short. There was one surviving puppy. It was touch and go for the pup. Mom had a tough time, had a really bad infection. David decided to foster the two in hopes of finding them a home together. The mom is now what you call a failed foster situation. David decided to keep her and the puppy is going to live with his sister and nephew sometime next month. So that is the update. And his ex-neighbor well he "moved back home"

And David said the pup looks to be purebred

http://www.pitbull-chat.com/showthre...t=63542&page=2

Old 07-26-2010, 05:12 PM   #6
KixdricyArrip

Sounds like the one who knows even less about breeding and caring for dogs is the "Beagle Breeder"...and I use that term loosely. He has know business owning intact dogs from the story you told.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:51 PM   #7
vladekad

wow

Old 10-06-2010, 07:43 PM   #8
NikolaAAA

Default Dog mated by 3 different males, What are the chances the pups are pure?
My friend David and I were catching up today and he said his next door neighbor has beagles, he breeds them. But David said that his neighbor leaves his dogs outside even when they are in heat and it drives all the neighborhood dogs wild.

Well David heard some commotion next door so he went to check things out, the neighbors weren't home. One of the females was being mated by an APBT. I'm not sure how that works. He didnt' break them up because he heard that you should never break apart a mating pair. Later that afternoon he heard comotion again and a Lab had jumped the fence and was mating the same female. The lab ran off when he saw david coming and David actually took the female and brought her inside his garage so this wouldn't happen again.
He told his neighbor when his neighbor got home and he said that was impossible he had just mated her to one of his males and that he is sure it was a successful.
He took his dog and put her back in the yard. As far as we know it didnt happen again.
Well that was a few weeks ago. The beagle is pregnant. And I'm just wondering what are the chances the puppies are purebred? What are the chances if they aren't of that dog surviving delivery?

I don't know anything about breeding or anything like that, but David said that his neighbor said if the puppies came out as mutts he will destroy them. David is wondering if he should offer to buy the pups off him and find them homes. If he is willing to kill them surely he would just let David have them. Obviously this guy is a irreponsible breeder and pet owner. But David can't stand the idea of these pups being killed.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:47 PM   #9
Ervntewc

A byb and he is worried about his dog producing mutts. Freaking aces.

Too bad David can't convince his neighbour to have the dog get a spay/abort.

Gee, that's what we need more pit bulls.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:54 PM   #10
CedssypeEdids

Better dead than to end up in a cardboard box outside AC, or in the backyard of one of this "breeder's" idiot friends.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:57 PM   #11
uC4F0NVL

Ughh, this man shoulda kept his bitch in the house when she was in heat...it woulda saved all this non sense from happening....

Old 10-06-2010, 07:59 PM   #12
codecouponqw

What are the chances? 33.3333333% would be a fair assessment I guess.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:04 PM   #13
ancexttew

i hate dumbass BYBs i agree his bitch should of been inside, what a stupid idiot

Old 10-06-2010, 08:08 PM   #14
NikolaAAA

Okay but what are the chances the female will even survive this. I'm not sure how long ago this happened but I know the pups are due any time. So obviously its been awhile. But he offered to take the pups if they weren't pure and the guy agreed for a small fee. David said the guy was just going to tie them in a bag and throw them in a river. He said half pit or half labs don't make good hunting dogs.

The guy makes me sick. (David said his a drunk and he would classify him has a true redneck, well he said this guy gives rednecks a bad name) David said several people have reported him to AC because his dogs aren't kept in the best conditions. Nothing has been done though. He doesn't even think AC has been out. Supposedly to have that many dogs he has to have a kennell licence and he said the guy doesn't even have that. They live way out in the middle of nowhere though.

Now do keep in mind I do have a soft spot for mutts and I won't stand for a dog to be killed, especially in such a violent way, just because its a mutt.

I actually volunteered to help David place the pups if dude doesn't go back on his word.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:12 PM   #15
SarkisPioute

That is horrible to hear. He's obviously not a responsible breeder and maybe he should be tied up in a bag and thrown down a river.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:14 PM   #16
ancexttew

hope the idiot breeder throws himself into the river

let us know, when she's ready to have the pups.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:15 PM   #17
NikolaAAA

That is horrible to hear. He's obviously not a responsible breeder and maybe he should be tied up in a bag and thrown down a river.
I just shudder to think of how many times he may have done this. This can't be the first time he left a female in heat outside and it got mated by a dog that wasn't one of his. I have a feeling this may be a common occurance. David said there is a group of people trying to shut him down, David is involved with it. But the guy doesn't know David is involved. He won't know until after David has his hands on those pups. But they have been unsuccessful so far in getting him shut down. I mean AC won't even come out.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:15 PM   #18
Abraham

Oh for crying out loud. I am so sick of irresponsible owners and BYBs. You would think he'd keep the bitch inside when she was in heat. I am not sure of the chances of her surviving the delivery. Can David mention that to him that it is a huge concern since bigger breeds got to her? I wish he could convince him to spay/abort.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:16 PM   #19
CedssypeEdids

This guy must be retarded. A lab/beagle mix wouldn't make a good hunting dog?! Sh*t. That sounds like a good hunting combo to me. Or even beagle/pit mix could be a good hunting dog with a little work (once that prey drive kicks in).

Old 10-06-2010, 08:22 PM   #20
NikolaAAA

hope the idiot breeder throws himself into the river

let us know, when she's ready to have the pups.
You know its one thing to humanely euthanize, but to just tie them in a bag in throw them in a river. That just sickens me you know. It really really sickens me.
Will do. Like I said I don't know if they are purebred beagles. If they are beagle/pit mixes, or beagle/lab mixes. Or who knows if another dog got to her or not.

All I know is they are trying to shut him down.

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Oh for crying out loud. I am so sick of irresponsible owners and BYBs. You would think he'd keep the bitch inside when she was in heat. I am not sure of the chances of her surviving the delivery. Can David mention that to him? I wish he could convince him to spay/abort.
I think its too late to spay abort. David said the pups are due soon. Which means this happened quite awhile back. I just haven't talked to him until today. But I don't think this guy would do that on the off chance they are purebred. To be honest I don't think this dog has had any proper prenatal vet care. The guy sounds like a real peice of work

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

I'll let you know when the puppies arrive. David is supposed to let me know. Thats if they actually make it. I still wouldn't be surprised if dude goes back on his word and either takes care of the litter himself or tries to sell them anyway. Or if they even survive delivery.
I pray they get someone in there soon to deal with the situation. I told David to get in touch with every organization he can and tell them about the conditions of these dogs and to keep calling AC about it. From what I understand the dogs are not fed every day and they don't have adequate shelter, and there water is so filthy they are probably getting sick from it.

Reply to Thread New Thread